The Magical World of Art discussion

Comics > Script for my manga

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (last edited Aug 14, 2010 10:45AM) (new)

Finley Mac | 160 comments Mod
DO NOT STEAL. Thank you.

Chapter One

Setting: A village of igloo like houses. Kids are playing with Ice Tigers. Some adults are talking in trios or pairs. Inside one of the houses Ky is braiding her hair.

Nar: My name’s Ky. I’m a warrior of the Shard Tribe, one of the many Ice Tribes. Oh, you think you know what a warrior is, don’t you? Well, you’re half right. I do fight to protect my tribe, but there’s a special thing about all warriors, even the ones in the Metal, Lightning, and Smoke cities. We can morph into the continent cat. Each continent has a cat: Metal has leopards, Lightning has lions, Smoke cheetahs, and the Ice Tribes have tigers. We can also go into our strongest form, the half-morph state, where we have the ears, tail, claws, teeth, eyes and markings of our cat. There is another special thing warriors can do: we can control the thing our continent is named after. Any time. ANYWHERE. Meaning, create it out of thin air. Being able to create and melt ice comes in handy when you’re lost in the desert.

There’s one little giant problem in our world: a war, and a very big one at that, because some people have become able to control the elements. One warrior in each continent: A smoke cheetah controlled the wind, a lion fire, a leopard earth, and a tiger, water. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? The trouble started when the taught others how. Anyone who refused to be taught was attacked and sometimes killed. The continents are torn in half because of it. Almost everywhere you look, there’s bound to be fighting. Personally, I’m one of the people that would love it if someday we woke up and it would just be a dream to forget about someday. Of course, no such luck. We’re stuck with a war, and there’s nothing we can do about it.

Ky: Hey, where’s Ferou?
Gayri: He went fishing with Ritai, Kira and Loriad.
Ky: Okay. When he gets back, tell him to meet me in my igloo. If I’m not there when he gets there, he better wait for me or he’ll regret it.
Gayri: Why do you want to see him?
Ky: He hasn’t been practicing his battle moves. I don’t want him to get out of shape. There could be an attack at any second.
[Ferou and his friends come running into the village with a basket of fish.:]
Ferou: There’s an attack coming!
Ky: See what I mean? Kira! Tell the chief!
Kira: [Slumps:] But I wanna fight!
Ky: No buts! Get your tail into that igloo before I make you!
Kira: [Runs into the biggest igloo:]
Ky: Warriors! Get ready to fight!
[Some of the adults are already in HMS and creating ice weapons:]
Ky: Everyone else, grab a weapon from the armory and get in the igloos! Ice Tigers too!
[Lightning lions, also in HMS, are running into the village. Ky and the other warriors run into battle. Ky flings lighting warriors to the side, fighting for all she is worth. The ice warriors are being driven back, one by one. Suddenly the leader appears, brandishing lightning swords. Ky prepares to fight but the lion swishes his swords around and Ky drops her swords, holding her head and falling to her knees. She looks up again but the leader slashes her face. Ky falls to the ground and morphs into a full tiger.:]
Ky: I couldn’t save them. My home would be gone, because of my stupidity.

End of chapter one

message 2: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

You know what, I'm going to change the reason for war because tha is overused.

Tesssss cool story broo I like it that's cool! Great idea!

message 4: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Thanks!

Tesssss cool story broo Are you gonna make more?

message 6: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Yeah, someday. I'm really busy though.

Tesssss cool story broo Oh with what?

message 8: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

Rose (rose_b) | 121 comments Mod
that's great!!! I never have the patience to write stuff like that.

Tesssss cool story broo I always plan everything out but when it comes to actually making it I get bored of it!

message 10: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Thanks. Tess, that actually used to happen to me.

"Oh this is a great story idea!n *Thinks about it all the time and then starts to write* Meh. This is boring.

Tesssss cool story broo Yeah I know right! That's exactly it! Except I don't write much anymore. But it's the same with sewing.

message 12: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

For me, it's like bracelet making. I really ant to make a bracelet, but then I get bored.

Tesssss cool story broo What type of bracelets do you make?

message 14: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Those prettiful woven ones. I have a book and also I've memorized patterns.

Tesssss cool story broo Like with embroidery floss? I wanted to make bead ones I'm gonna get a loomy thing but I know it's gonna break!

message 16: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Yeah, with embroidery floss. I don't want to do any of the ones with beads though.

Tesssss cool story broo I only know how to make one type it's a diagonal line thing :P why not beads?

message 18: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

I just prefer to do the completely woven ones. Beads are confuzzling.

Tesssss cool story broo Haha I can never find the right size!

message 20: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

well this next post is really off topic, but I'm gonna get a bass guitar and maybe a bass clarinet!!!

message 21: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Awesome. I have a standup bass.

Tesssss cool story broo Nice!!!! I have a clarinet silly band. Yeeeep. And a trumpet. And one in real life!!

message 23: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

sapphire (•_•) wrote: "Awesome. I have a standup bass."

My piano teacher has a double bass! (standup)

Tesssss cool story broo What is a bass exactly?

message 25: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

Tesssss cool story broo Sick those are awesome!!! Get the double bass!!!!

message 27: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

no! I'm too short!

message 28: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

I know these 2 first graders, and they have tiny little violins.

Tesssss cool story broo Aw I've always wanted to play the violin it's so pretty!

message 30: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

its wicked fun to play! (I dont actually know how.)

message 31: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Well, a bass version of an instrument is usually a lower version of the instrument. A standup bass is kind of like a giant violin with sloping shoulders instead of rounded. I'm learning to play one.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...

This is what mine looks like, it's electric
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
Hey, that's actually EXCACTLY it. Hm.

message 32: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

Tesssss cool story broo WOW!! That's awesome!!!! Or, to steal a phrase, awesomesauce!

message 34: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Rose B. wrote: "cool! This is what I'm gonna get:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h......"

They look like instrument combos: Violin-giutar and saxophone-clarinet.

Tesssss cool story broo Haha they do

message 36: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

Well the whole idea of a bass clarinet is that you combine the saxaphone, so . . .

P.S. Tess, I'm planning to make awesomesauce a worldwide phrase. use it all you want.

message 37: by Finley, Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good. (new)

Ah. It looks cool.

message 38: by Rose, ALL BANANAS MUST BE SQUASHED! (new)

:)