Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2010 Challenge Archive > Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Need a break from the romance genre? In the mood for a thriller? Want someone to hold hands with you while you read this one? Then come hold my hand and let's read:

Book: Still Missing
Author: Chevy Stevens

Discussion: First published book by this author. How do you handle reading books like this, during the day with the lights on or can you read them alone at night? Is this story believable? What do you think of this author's first work, would you read others by her?

Duration: One month (start time TBD)

Plot: On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a thirty-two year old Realtor, had three goals—sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever- patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor of the day pulls up in a van as she's about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all.

Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent captive of a sadistic psychopath in a remote mountain cabin, which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist, is a second narrative recounting events following her escape—her struggle to piece her shattered spirit back together and the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor.

The truth doesn’t always set you free

message 2: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments I'm not really into thrillers, but the blurb is intriguing...let me see if i can find it at my library. I have 2 friends that read it and loved it, so i may like it as well.

message 3: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Hey Rossy, let me know if you found it, I haven't read it yet.

message 4: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments I bought it in kindle because my library only had it on audiobook and i cannot get into them. I have not read it yet, so let me know when you want to start.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Still Missing (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chevy Stevens (other topics)