J.D. Robb discussion

In Death Unplugged > Your Ideal "In Death" Cast

Comments Showing 1-50 of 335 (335 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments As some of you may have heard, there was once a movie in the works for this series. It has since been scrapped, but I thought it would be fun to hear people's opinons are who would play some of the characters if there were a movie or TV series made. Feel free to include other characters or leave some of these out.

So here's mine:

Eve: Stana Katic (from Castle)

Roarke: James Scott (Days of our Lives) He's English, but I'm sure could adopt an Irish accent. - My absolute ideal would be Pierce Brosnan, but the age is a problem.

Peabody: Zooey Deschanel (Tin Man)
McNab: Chad Michael Murray (this was one was tough)
Mavis: Christina Aguilera
Leonardo: Michael Clarke Duncan
Summerset: Malcolm McDowell
Feeney: Colm Meaney (Star Trek)
Nadine: Jenna Elfman
Commander Whitney: James Pickens (Grey's Anatomy) - I think Morgan Freeman would be great, but I think he might be a little old.
Dr. Mira: Deirdre Hall (Days of Our Lives)
Webster: Julian McMahon(Charmed)
Baxter: Michael Vartan
Dickhead: Danny DeVito
Louise: Kate Hudson
Charles: Justin Hartley
Morris: Ewan McGregor

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Good list, Vanessa. I agree with most of your choices. I have to say that I always picture Roarke looking like Micheal Easton (John McBain from One Life to Live). He has the longish dark hair and beautiful blue eyes. This is how I see him in my mind when I'm reading.....

[image error]

message 3: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) Oh, Jessica, thank you! I've never been able to put a solid face on Rourke and you just found him for me. What a hottie!

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments It took a while to come up with names for some of the faces I was thinking of. I really like Jessa's suggestion of Michael Easton; it's been a while since I thought of him (I used to watch Day of Our Lives just for him). He has a dark dangerous air about that would will for Roake.

Anyway, here is my list:

Eve: Stana Katic (from Castle). I agree, her look and attitude embody Eve's character.

Roarke: Matt Bomber (USA’a White Collar) or Alex O’Loughlin

Peabody: Brigid Brannagh – I know many will grumble about her red hair, but I love her attitude and she definitely has the figure for a “She-body”
McNab: Christopher Gorham or Jensen Ackles
Mavis: I think Jenna Elfman’s spirit for this role is perfect but I think Kristen Bell also has the spirit and fits the role physically-plus she can sing.
Leonardo: Jeff Chase (this was a tough one)
Summerset: Malcolm McDowell
Feeney: Jeffery Jones or Kurtwood Smith
Nadine: Sasha Alexander (NCIS & Rizzoli & Isles) esp after seeing her as Maura Isles
Commander Whitney: Laurence Fishburne
Dr. Mira: Brenda Strong (narrates Desperate Housewives)
Baxter: Matt Passmore (A&E’s the Glades) Baxter needs more of a swagger than Vartan can pull off IMHO. I like Vartan more for Charles’s suave nature.
Webster: Brian Austin Green
Trueheart: Zach Roerig
Dickhead: Charles Martin Smith
Louise: Jessica Capshaw (Grey’s Anatomy) or Kathryn Morris (Cold Case) or Laura Prepon (That 70’s Show)-for a more youthful Louise
Charles: Michael Vartan
Morris: Patrick Wilson or Matthew Fox

message 5: by Mrs. (last edited Aug 19, 2010 07:00PM) (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments Roarke is.... and always will be...

David Gandy :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35...

message 6: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments Erika wrote: "Roarke is.... and always will be...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35..."

He has a swimmers body Blue Eyes, Dark Hair and an accent :))) lol

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) This is my pick for Eve: Sienna Guillory

[image error]

[image error]

message 8: by Amy (last edited Aug 19, 2010 08:14PM) (new)

Amy | 6 comments Jessa ♥§♥metalgirl80♥§♥ wrote: "This is my pick for Eve: Sienna Guillory

Another good one Jessa

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Erika wrote: "Roarke is.... and always will be...

I couldn't agree more!!!!! Never will you find a better person to play Roarke IMHO <3

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Jessa ♥§♥metalgirl80♥§♥ wrote: "This is my pick for Eve: Sienna Guillory

"

Perfect choice Jessa....while I like Stana Katic I just don't see her as Eve, to me something is off in her features....this girl is it, great job!

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina | 100 comments I've always resisted really mentally casting the In Death books for the most part because I always get stuck on Eve and Roarke -- they don't exist in the body of one actor.

Eve - Is the hardest, she's like a Julianne Moore, Miranda Ott and Kyra Sedgewick combo.
Roarke - Then there is no person possibly aliev as perfect as Roarke. But in my head is a Younger Pierce Brosnan/ Daniel Day Lewis hybrid.

The rest are easier:

Somerset - John Hurt
Peabody- Ellen Page
McNabb- Ryan Kwanten
Baxter - Ed Quinn (although a younger Alec Baldwin really is in my head for him)
Trueheart - Cory Monteith
Commander Whitney- Laurence Fishburne
Chief Tibbs - Morgan Freeman
Webster - Dominic West
Feeney - Stephen Rea
Mavis- Jaime Pressly
Leonardo- The Rock or Jason Momoa
Nadine - Portia De Rossi
Louise - Kate Winslet
Charles - George Clooney
Dr. Mira - Annette Bening
Morris - Zachary Quinto
Trina - Pink
Crack - Seal

message 12: by MzDivaDawn (new)

MzDivaDawn | 14 comments Wow who is David Gandy???

message 13: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments MzDivaDawn wrote: "Wow who is David Gandy???"

he's a model. Just google him for some DROOLWORTHY photo's... he is just gorgeous! and he has an accent LOL

message 14: by MzDivaDawn (new)

MzDivaDawn | 14 comments Yes, he might be able to pass for a good Roarke

message 15: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Here is a little something to get you guys as addicted to David Gandy as I am...Enjoy!

Sorry, I don't mean to highjack the thread but we're talking Roarke!
David Gandy
Photobucket
David Gandy
David Gandy
David Gandy

message 16: by Alyssa (last edited Aug 20, 2010 10:49AM) (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Just 2 more.....

Photobucket
David Gandy for Massimo Dutti FW10-11. No.11 Pictures, Images and Photos

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I think David Gandy is very hot but I dont see him as Roarke. Mainly cause Gandy has that pretty boy face going on and I see Roarke with more of an bad boy edge. That's why I prefer Micheal Easton. Here's a few more pics to help make my case ;)

[image error]

[image error]

message 18: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Which is why I like DG, he does have a pretty face but he can be rugged at the same time. Eve always calls him pretty and his features are described as striking...so DG! I'll admit Michael Easton is nice, but IMHO not Roarke. We'll just have to agree to disagree (((HUGS))), lol

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Tina wrote: "I've always resisted really mentally casting the In Death books for the most part because I always get stuck on Eve and Roarke -- they don't exist in the body of one actor.

Eve - Is the hardest, ..."

Love the idea of Pink portraying Trina...too funny!

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Okay, Alyssa. We'll agree to disagree on this one. I have DG in mind for the role of Barrons so I can't picture him as Roarke too. It's all good, though. *hugs back* ^_^

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I agree with you on that one, DG as Barrons! I think he could pull either one of them off beautifully <3

message 22: by MzDivaDawn (new)

MzDivaDawn | 14 comments I think you're both right - Michael Easton may have the "edgy" part, but I think he may be too young, no?

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Actually, I'm pretty sure Micheal is in his early 40's.

message 24: by MzDivaDawn (new)

MzDivaDawn | 14 comments I think you're right, but for some reason, I guess I think of him as younger. I actually wish they'd make a SERIES out of this, rather than just a movie

message 25: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments I can't see Michael as Roarke. but that's b/c I have Gandy in my head LOL

I wish they wouldn't do anything movie/series wise. They'll just screw it up and make me mad LOL

message 26: by MzDivaDawn (new)

MzDivaDawn | 14 comments This is true - that's always the fear. It didn't seem to work out too well when they did it with James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series. I've been watching Rizzoli & Isles, based on Tess Gerritsen's books, which I also follow. They don't really run totally true to the characters or the books, but once I separated myself from thinking too much about it, I got used to the series as its own separate thing. I'm not so sure I could do it with the In Death series since there have so many more of those books, and it's more deeply rooted and established in my mind

message 27: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Wow,

These are some great choices, everyone. I think Michael Easton or Gandy are both better choices than mine. Still if only Pierce Brosnan were younger; he's even Irish!! But I also agree that Roarke and Eve probably would be the toughest, and whoever they picked, a lot of people would probably be at least little disappointed.

And Jessica, I love your Sienna pick for Eve. I have yet to explore the other suggestions -- I'll get back to you.

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Amy,

I love your list. I liked a lot of your picks over mine, especially Feeney, Charles, Whitney, and Baxter.

Tina, I love your Webster, Feeney, Nadine, and Crack. And Pink is a great idea, although I think she would make a great Mavis as well. Can she act?

Also, I agree with you Dawn, about maybe trying to separate a series from the books. But Roarke would be the big stinking point. If he isn't portrayed just like he is in the books, then the show would have a huge problem.

message 29: by Gina (new)

Gina | 8 comments How many characters do you think will actually be in the movie? I think they should make a new book (movie) with all the characters instead of trying to use a one of the books as the main storyline.

message 30: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Gina wrote: "How many characters do you think will actually be in the movie? I think they should make a new book (movie) with all the characters instead of trying to use a one of the books as the main storyline."

Gina,

Although a movie was talked about a few years ago, they nixed the idea, although I don't know why. As of now, there is no movie or tv series in the works, at least I don't think so. If anyone else has heard something else, then by all means, let us know.

message 31: by Shorty (new)

Shorty | 1 comments I like all of your cast picks, except for Morris. She discribes him as being Mixed Race, Darker Skinned with slanted eyes. Some what exotic looking. makes me think of a young Antonio Banderas

message 32: by Serena (new)

Serena | 8 comments Alyssa (Hesperia) wrote: "Here is a little something to get you guys as addicted to David Gandy as I am...Enjoy!

Sorry, I don't mean to highjack the thread but we're talking Roarke!

For some reason David Gandy has always been associated with the Character Barrons from the fever series so thats just who i picture him as. However, thats not to say he isn't eye candy because DROOOool lol he is...

Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "Good list, Vanessa. I agree with most of your choices. I have to say that I always picture Roarke looking like Micheal Easton (John McBain from One Life to Live). He has the longish dark hair an..."

Oh that second pic is totally Roarke worthy!

For some reason I picture Miss Congeniality (Sandra Bullock) as Eve I don't know why.

message 33: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 43 comments And speaking of One Life to Live, Ericka Slezak would make a wonderful Mira.

message 34: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 13, 2011 08:44AM) (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I know DG has always been associated with Barrons, but sometimes you just get a pic of him and that dark hair with those BLUE eyes beaming at you. It screams ROARKE to me! My profile pic is a great example, lol! All Roarke baby :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 35: by Serena (new)

Serena | 8 comments okay! I will admit..posted message #15 ..3 pics down screems Roarke all the way to me lol...LOVE that pic. LOVE THOSE EYES LOL

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Serena wrote: "okay! I will admit..posted message #15 ..3 pics down screems Roarke all the way to me lol...LOVE that pic. LOVE THOSE EYES LOL"

Love it!!!!! I love that pic too :)

message 37: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) Dear Lord in heaven! Is he real???

message 38: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 43 comments You ladies are making me feel like a voyeur!

message 39: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Penney wrote: "Dear Lord in heaven! Is he real???"

Very much so, lol. For more pics just check out my profile.

message 40: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Yvonne wrote: "Erika wrote: "Erika wrote: "Roarke is.... and always will be...

He has a swimmers body Blue Eyes, Dark Hair and an ..."

Yeah!!!! Another Gandy fan, love it!

message 41: by Serena (new)

Serena | 8 comments Penney wrote: "Dear Lord in heaven! Is he real???"

LOL!...he looks to good to be true huh.

Gandy is Real eye candy ;-)

message 42: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) That's a sweet tooth that I'll never be cured from, lol!

message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Amy wrote: "It took a while to come up with names for some of the faces I was thinking of. I really like Jessa's suggestion of Michael Easton; it's been a while since I thought of him (I used to watch Day of ..."

I like your Roarke and Nadine

message 45: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments What about Thorsten Kaye as Roarke?http://images.buddytv.com/thorsten-ka...

message 46: by Seresa (new)

Seresa (pardoteach) For me it's not so much a look as actions and character . . my Choice would be Mark Wahlberg. I think he's tender and tough and handsome . . Oh yea I could go with him as Roarke. hahahaha Watched him in a movie the other night and Oh my

message 47: by Gina (new)

Gina | 20 comments Roarke= Matt Bomer

For Eve= alana de la garza from law and order

[image error]

message 48: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I think my husband is going to be very upset when i tell him I've fallen in love with DG... :P

But seriously.... Eve is so hard to pick! I love Stana Katic, of course, because Castle rocks! But I'm not sure she has the.... edge. I'm not sure any of the Eves proposed have that for me. Most of these women look like they grew up in houses with little picket fences around them, you know? Not that Eve's appearance would TOTALLY give them away, but I think you'd know by looking at her that she's not a woman to be trifled with, you know? And I think Stana could be my new best friend.

I'm with Amy on Peabody and McNab. I LOVE the look of Brigid Brannagh (never heard of/seen her before, but I think she looks just right!). And of COURSE Christopher Gorham (who was GREAT in The Other Side of Heaven, btw)... He's really good looking but in a skinny-nerd way. Plus he's got good coloring for McNab's CRAZY primary colored wardrobe.

As for the rest of them? Meh. Although I'm up for Michael Vartan or Justin Hartley for ANY role, although preferably the male ones. (I say this mostly jokingly, but they could rewrite the whole role of Summerset if they put Justin Hartley in it...)

message 49: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Sara ♥ wrote: "But seriously.... Eve is so hard to pick! I love Stana Katic, of course, because Castle rocks! But I'm not sure she has the.... edge. I'm not sure any of the Eves proposed have that for me. ..."

You know that I am in complete agreement with you on the DG obsession love! You should see my folder of pics devoted to him :) However, I also REALLY agree with you on the Eve statement. While I love Stanic Katic, you're right she doesn't have that edge. I don't think I've seen the actress yet who can play her.

message 50: by Tara (new)

Tara | 4 comments roarke.. Colin Farrell this picture

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/wallp...

hes so sexy

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7