Jane Austen discussion

Group Business & Policies > Welcoming Our New Crew

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
I wanted to let you all know about new happenings in our Jane Austen group. First, I wanted to thank Jeannette for her time as moderator of our group, and I'm so glad she will continue on as a group member that we always enjoy discussing with.

Next I wanted to say that I will be moving to the spot of occasional Asst. Moderator and hope to still be on the group a lot too.

And this means of course that we are welcoming two new moderators. Megan and Rachel will be leading the group now. They are both interesting ladies that many of you have already conversed with, and I know you will enjoy their new ideas and new take on the Jane Austen group. I certainly appreciate their interest in the group. Thanks you two.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Megan and Rachel! I am looking forward to what you will both bring to the group. It is always such a pleasure to read and discuss Jane Austen's wonderful novels!

Thank you Sarah for your kind words! The group wouldn't be what it is today without all of your hard work these past years! I look forward to more interesting discussions with all of you and the rest of the group members. :)

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Thanks for the welcome as a moderator. Rather scary ;-) but I look forward to all the conversations and ideas that grow here.

But mostly - thank you to Jeannette and Sarah who have made this group so enjoyable for all of us. I hope that I can help to continue what they have done and that while they have different directions they need to go right now, that they don't sneak off from us too far!

Captain Sir Roddy, R.N. (Ret.) (captain_sir_roddy) Go get 'em, Megan and Rachel! I look forward to your steady hands upon the tiller of this very fine group! Cheers! Chris

message 5: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 226 comments Welcome Megan and Rachel! Sarah, I'm glad you're still sticking around even in the ast mod mode!

message 6: by P. (new)

P. I've been a member for a very short time and enjoy this group immensely. Thanks to you and to Jeannette for your creativity and steady hands. I look forward to getting to know Megan and Rachel.

P.

message 7: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Thanks for the compliments and the nice welcome for Megan and Rachel.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 13, 2010 10:18PM) (new)

P wrote: "I've been a member for a very short time and enjoy this group immensely. Thanks to you and to Jeannette for your creativity and steady hands. I look forward to getting to know Megan and Rachel.

P."

Thank you! It's the wonderful members that make the group so much enjoyable!

Captain Sir Roddy, R.N. (Ret.) (captain_sir_roddy) Sarah, I am gonna miss you, my dear, ever so much! I truly hope that you shall not be a stranger, and fade off into the night. You are my 'bridle and reins' in all things Austen. I shouldn't know what to do without you. Your old pal, Chris

message 10: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Chris, what kind words. And much appreciated. And you add so much to our group yourself.

I hope to continue on as a steady member here and enjoy it along with everyone.

message 11: by Joy (new)

Joy (joylnorth) Sarah - Thank you for all of your hard work and thoughtful comments. I hope to continue to chat with you in our lovely little group!

Megan and Rachel - thanks for stepping in and leading our group! I look forward to many more interesting discussion!

message 12: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 674 comments Mod
Wow, what a nice welcome from everyone! :)

Sarah, thanks so much for the confidence you've placed in Megan and myself--it means a lot. You and Jeannette had an amazing group going and all we can do is hope to keep it up! You two have to stay around a lot--this group wouldn't be the same without you.

Thanks Chris, Tanja, P, and Joy! I can't wait to talk to you all even more now! I hope you all like the ideas we have and continue to love this group!

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula Welcome, Rachel and Megan, to your new roles! I look forward to getting you know you both through this wonderful author we all so love.

Thank you, Jeannette and Sarah, for all your work as moderators! I am a big fan of you both so look forward to continued discussions :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Paula! It's so nice to know I have a fan. ;) I am looking forward to reading Persuasion.

message 15: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 674 comments Mod
Thank you, Paula! I'm a member of "Victorians!" though, so we already know each other! :)

message 16: by Paula (last edited Sep 01, 2010 08:56PM) (new)

Paula Oh, it's "that" Rachel! :) Excellent! Sorry that I didn't recognize you!!