I Gots Terrible Fever discussion

Yet another reason to choose Terrible (Slightly spoilery)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
So, each year on her birthday Stacia Kane has a little blog post where she invites all those blog readers who never comment to say hi. This year she wanted everyone to ask her questions and promised to answer them (see the post and all the comments here).

Well, I already asked her a bunch of questions (see what I mean), so I thought it was a good time to have some fun. In her awesomeness, she actually answered it. I mentioned I'd be sharing it with you, so...without further ado, read on for yet another reason to pick Terrible over Lex.

My question(s): "You’ve written sex scenes with Lex and with Terrible (separately). Which was the most fun to write and, more importantly, which do you think was better in the figurative bed?"

Her response:

Hahaha! How in the world can I answer that?!

Hmm. I think it’s pretty obvious that for Chess at least, Terrible is better, cuz of the whole lurve thing. ;) But Lex definitely knows what he’s doing, lol. I think I always had it in my head that Lex is a little more technical, if you know what I mean, where Terrible is more about feelings. And Lex is a little more cerebral in that way, where he thinks things through and watches her reactions really closely, and Terrible is sort of more earthy.

Like, (I can’t believe I’m talking about this, lol, I’m a little drunk) Chess waxes everywhere because of her job and the whole magic power of any hair on her body and stuff like that. And Lex likes it but Terrible doesn’t. Do you know what I mean? He thinks it’s kind of weird; why would a woman want to look like a girl, right? That sort of thing. So I don’t think it’s a case of better, just different outlooks, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and the Terrible scene was definitely WAY more fun to write. With the first Lex scene I was trying to show throughout it the kind of distance between them; there was heat and a sort of friendly feeling but not anything like a really deep connection, if you know what I mean. It was all Chess wanting to forget herself and focusing on herself. That changed a little as things moved on and they got more comfortable with each other but it was still a little distant. Whereas with Terrible they were SO carried away and there was SO much emotion and passion and everything, it really just sort of took off on its own.

It was so hard in UG and UM not to let them go on to bed, lol.

So, fellow Terrible addicts, reactions? LOL

message 2: by Bells (last edited Aug 14, 2010 06:30AM) (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
I think it's awesome that you asked her that! lol As much as I wanted them to get it on in UG and UM, I'm glad that they didn't because the end result was so much better!

You can totally tell the difference with Lex and Terrible's love making as well. When she does it with Terrible it's just too much for her! Oh man, I gotta go read that tunnel and bathroom scene NOW!

message 3: by Anilú (new)

Anilú (anilumagloire) | 50 comments Now I know what y'all mean!!! Completely different things...

Chess & Lex = fun, sexy, flirty. Just sex.
Chess & Terrible = Passionate, dirty, intense. LOVEmaking for sure.

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 8 comments I re-read these scenes A LOT! *g* Not so much Lex's, because although it is hot, it's also kinda empty. Not in a depressing way, but just that Chess is having a good time and not really invested in it. And then when she falls for Terrible <3 , it's so much more intense, sexier, spontaneous.

Whew! *Fans self* Terrible IS a sexy beast ;)

message 5: by Anilú (new)

Anilú (anilumagloire) | 50 comments "Whew! *Fans self* Terrible IS a sexy beast ;)"

Aaaaamen!!!!

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana | 20 comments I also liked (in the bathroom scene, where Chess grabs the doorframe for stability) when Chess gets a good LOOK at Terrible in the middle of "the act", and he's *so totally focussed* on her.

I think that says an awful lot about him mentally, emotionally and even physically.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
Hey, I would have wanted to punch someone for trying to stop the action in that bathroom! Haha.

message 8: by Diana (last edited Aug 26, 2010 06:55PM) (new)

Diana | 20 comments Actually, I think he wrapped his ginormous hand around their scrawny neck. And I do believe the sound the poor owner of aforementioned neck made was "gawp!" Italicised and all, at least on the Kindle for Android edition. (You know not that I've read that scene fifty-seven times or anything.