Amazon Kindle discussion

Books by members > Free noir thriller Kindle book plus a buck

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon Spoelstra (findjon) | 14 comments RED CHASER is a noir thriller of the 1950s, the Cold War and the Brooklyn Dodgers. If you enjoy James Ellroy or the Nate Heller books by Max Allan Collins, you'll love this romp into this 1950s history of spies, Commies, babes and the Brooklyn Dodgers. (There are 50 reviews of it on Amazon.com: 25 5-star ratings, 21 4-stars, three 3-stars, and alas, one 1-star). I think you’ll have fun reading this.

If you want to read it for free (and you get a buck*), just email me at findjon@msn.com and say, “Sure, I’d like to read Red Chaser and get a buck.” I'll have Amazon email you the gift card for Red Chaser.

* Red Chaser is a Kindle book. I'll have Amazon email you a gift certificate. The smallest gift certificate at Amazon is $5, so after you download Red Chaser for $3.99, you'll have a buck and a penny in change. Spend it wisely!

Jon Spoelstra
findjon@msn.com

P.S. Here’s a link to the reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NXBUI4?t...

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie Smith (ramblini) | 4 comments Jon, am I reading this right? You're paying people $5 to get your book? On the honor system? The more I look, the more I think I just don't understand the offer. Is this correct- if I e-mail you, you send me an Amazon gift certificate and trust me to buy your book instead of spending it some other way? This is a fascinating promotion--it's got to be a first.

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Jon is quite serious about this offer. I was one of the beneficiaries, and enjoyed reading Red Chaser!

message 4: by Jon (new)

Jon Spoelstra (findjon) | 14 comments Julie--

I am indeed serious. You get to read Red Chaser for free plus get $1.01 in credit on your Amazon account. One of my readers emailed me how he used the extra buck-oh-one. He bought a Kindle3, contributing $187.99 himself. But, most of all he enjoyed the book, giving it a 5-star rating on Amazon.

Jon

message 5: by Jon (new)

Jon Spoelstra (findjon) | 14 comments For some reason unknown to me, Amazon has reduced the price of my noir thriller RED CHASER from $3.99 to $3.19. What this means is that you get bigger change if you take me up to read my book for free on a Kindle.

The smallest gift card on Amazon is $5. I'll email you that gift card and you use $3.19 of it for RED CHASER. The remaining $1.81 you can use toward any book you want.

Amazon lowered the price to $3.19, but I guess they could raise it back to $3.99 without telling me. So, if you want to take advantage of this, send me an email today at findjon@msn.com and say, 'Yes, I'd like to read Red Chaser for free on a Kindle."

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria (meromana) | 4 comments Hi Jon,

The most likely reason for them lowering the price is that they found your book for sale somewhere else for that price. Do you distribute to Kobo or B&N through Smashwords? That is how it usually happens. Those outlets discount your book price, and when Amazon sees it, they will autormatically match.

--Maria

message 7: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) His offer is for real! I did it several month's ago without any problems. All he wants is an honest review in return posted here and on Amazon. That was easy!!!