The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) The Girl Who Played with Fire discussion

reading The girl who played with fire before Millenium #1

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol Patrício Hi, i'd like to know if it's ok to read the second book before reading the first one from the Millenium trilogy. Thanks!

Alex read the first one before you read this one. the story line continues from the first, and it helps with the character development of the story

Manugw Carol wrote: "Hi, i'd like to know if it's ok to read the second book before reading the first one from the Millenium trilogy. Thanks!"

Do not do it, you will lose some perspective

Carol Patrício Hi guys, thanks for your answers, I've already read the trilogy (in the correct order!) and really enjoyed it!

Cindy I agree, these need to be read in order. Don't get discouraged if the first book wanders a bit at times. The second book is much better. But you need the info from #1 to enjoy #2. Anyone know when #3 is coming out in paperback?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

My husband and I listened to the tapes on a trip for a few days. We almost did not want to stop and get out of the car, wanted to keep driving to listen. We loved them together. I think it would have been harder if I read them alone. :)

Eliza I read the second one 1st, not realizing that it was the 2nd book in a trilogy (hey, the cover looked cool! and it was the only one on the shelf- no book 1 or 3) But I'm still planning on reading the first and third book, especially after having seen the movies.

Michael Richards Sonia wrote: "My husband and I listened to the tapes on a trip for a few days. We almost did not want to stop and get out of the car, wanted to keep driving to listen. We loved them together. I think it would ha..."

I "read' the first book via the audio version and it was fantastic!!! The reader was really first rate. I can understand why you wouldn't want to turn it off.

Manugw You can do it but it is not the best option as in the second book there are references to the first

Carol wrote: "Hi, i'd like to know if it's ok to read the second book before reading the first one from the Millenium trilogy. Thanks!"

message 10: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne No, read the first one otherwise I think it is confusing. The first lets you get to know the characters.

Robinnbastar Noooooooooooooooo

well you can but it gonna have some spoiler for the first book.

and it is better to read the first book and get to know the character.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

The first book is great..once i got into it I couldn't put it down! ^_^

Maria I really liked the 2nd one much better then the first one. I just started reading the 3rd one cause the 2nd one left a lot of unanswered questions.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

the 3rd book is one of the most satisfying conclusions to a series i've ever read. anyway read the books in order.

True Image Quinton wrote: "the 3rd book is one of the most satisfying conclusions to a series i've ever read. anyway read the books in order."

i would have to agree w/u on "satisfying conclusions to a series i've ever read" also read the books in order, 1 right after the other. Loved them.

Shelly True Image wrote: "Quinton wrote: "the 3rd book is one of the most satisfying conclusions to a series i've ever read. anyway read the books in order."

i would have to agree w/u on "satisfying conclusions to a se..."

Thanks, I was debating over whether to "read" the 3rd audio book as I have the first two or just watch the movie. I plan to watch the entire series also. I can't imagine how the 3rd book concludes.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

ugg....not audio books D:

I'm currently reading the third book and enjoying it

message 18: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee why not audiobooks? Simon Vance who narrated them is one of the better narrators out there - I highly recommend listening Cateyesmd

message 19: by Estee (new) - added it

Estee Cook Hi I have read all 3 books and I must emphasize that u read them in order. The Library has them in paperback, bold print "larger print" CDS audio book.

My favorite is the second one but in order to make sense u have to read them all.

message 20: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill Kircher As most have stated, the books really need to be read in order for the second and third to make sense.
For myself, First - I saw the movie (Dragon Tattoo with Rooney Mara), read the second book, then the third.
I then read the first.
Oddly, I enjoyed the movie more than the first book.

Nicole Like Bill,I saw the original movie adaptation of the 1st book was so excited by it had to go read the next two books. I have never read book 1; and am quite fine with that. Just sorry that the author died, and there was that whole inheritance rights issue between the authors live-in lover of many years and his family that he didn't have a relationship with. Sad all around.