Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Sweet Printed Interracial Romance Recommendation

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 11, 2010 04:38PM) (new)

Arch  | 6610 comments Mod
We didn't have a folder for this, unless I have overlooked it. If not, then I think that this should be the place were readers can recommend sweet interracial romance stories that are in print. I don't own an ereader and I might not be the only reader that doesn't. Plus, my library doesn't carry a lot of books in ebooks and they can't get it from another library, but if it's a printed book they could probably get it from another library.

When I speak of sweet romance,I am talking about the books that have the leave it to your imagination love scenes. To me, a leave it to your imagination scene can be where the writer shows where the hero and heroine enters the bedroom and that's it. The next thing you know, it's the next day or even they are no longer in the bedroom but watching TV, etc. or the scene can be where the hero and heroine starts something, but the writer doesn't get into deep detail as to what they are doing. We still have to use our imagination. The scene is short and before you know it the hero and heroine has moved on from the love scene.v <-------- The scenes after the "or"are the kind of scenes that Mrs. Anne Stuart writes.

Okay, let the recommedations began. I don't know when I will be able to get the books, but at least I will have a title and author.

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I wish I knew of some. I can't wait to see what others recommend.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 12, 2010 11:19AM) (new)

Thanks Michelle.

They don't have to be strictly black woman/white man stories, which that's high on my list.

As I read books and come across sweet interracial pairing. I will post them.

message 4: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
I don't have any new ones to rec, just my usual suspects (Jewel Adams, Nitanni Chionne, Sandra Kitt, Seressia Glass-although she's probably more sensual). But I'll keep an eye out for some others as well. There's probably a bunch in the Genesis Press backlist but I'm slowly working my way through them.

Do you mind suspense, YA and mystery books that feature IRs?

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

I read contemporary suspense romance books. I read YA. Come to think about it, when I was on vacation, I have bought an interracial YA book. I'll have to read it and do an review on it. I want to see if the guy is really into the girl. To my knowledge the girl is Asian and the guy Latino.

I have some mystery books.

message 6: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Ooh, which book was that?

I keep hearing good things about the Perfect Chemistry Book by Simone Elkeles but I haven't read them yet.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'll post the name when I get home. I don't think that I have added to my bookshelves.

message 8: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments IIRC, Mr. Fix-It was a "sweet" romance. I vaguely remember the h/h kissing & then it switched to them talking in bed "after".

BTW, I've never read an Anne Stuart novel that wasn't at least a little explicit. Her Ice series is pretty racy.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 12, 2010 11:20AM) (new)

The books that I have read from Anne Stuart. Fire and Ice and Black Ice weren't explicit or even racy to me.

The love scenes were on the same level as Sam and Alyssa's and to me, Sam and Alyssa's love scenes were leave it to your imagination.

I don't like love scenes were the private parts come alive. The private parts don't have to be characters.

I don't like when authors have their characters talking nasty, etc.

message 10: by Desperado (last edited Aug 11, 2010 03:08PM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Arch, when I said I've never read a novel by AS that was sweet, I was going by your example. They're nowhere near as explicit as say Lora Leigh, but her novels, & her Ice series in particular aren't "the hero & heroine enters the bedroom & that's it". It's alot more than a magical kiss & you wake up the next morning to coffee & pancakes. Hells, in one of AS's novels, the hero had sex with the heroine in a bathroom on a plane. Believe me, the hero didn't just close the door, kissed the heroine & fastward to them stepping off the plane. Going by your example, I wouldn't call AS's novels "sweet romance".

I personally enjoy explicit romances. I understand wanting to leave the majority of the actual consummation to the imagination, but what do you expect? It's the 21st century where sex is plastered everywhere. It would be hard to find a romance that just "kissed & flashfoward" unless it was targeted at a certain audience, ie: inspirational romances.

ETA: I'm not saying it's wrong that you prefer "sweet romances". To each his own, ya know? I'm just trying to explain why I don't consider AS as "sweet romance" going by your example. As for AS not going into deep detail, I agree, she doesn't decribe the head of a penis but quite a few of her RS & CR novels have the hero using dirty words/cursing during sex.

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

LethalLovely, I have never said that Anne Stuart's love scenes were "the hero & heroine enters the bedroom & that's it" - I've said that Anne Stuarts love scenes are the ones that you get to see the hero and heroine start something, but it doesn't go into details. Before you know it, the scene is over with. At least that what's I have experience in reading the two books that I have read by her, which are Fire and Ice and Black Ice.

I'm a writer and I write loves scenes and my stories are always sweet. I don't write inspiritual stories. To me, a love scene could be a scene where the hero is showing his love towards the heroine. The hero can make love to the heroine without them having getting naked and joing bodies. To me, if the hero saves the heroine from a bad guy - that right there shows the hero making love to the heroine. If the heroine serves the hero breakfast in bed, in another example of them making love in my eyes.

Sweet romance to me, is leave it to your imagination. To be honest, I don't care for sex in a story. I'm a tension woman.

message 12: by Desperado (last edited Aug 12, 2010 11:27AM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Maybe you were only refering to the last part of your post when you said that Anne Stuart wrote those kinds of novels but I thought you meant your WHOLE example when you were refering to AS, not just the last part.

Look, I'm not gonna make a big deal of this. You think Anne Stuart writes Sweet Romances. I don't. We agree to disagree. The end.

ETA:When you gives multiple examples of scenes & don't specify which author's writing is like which scene, it's not farfetched to think you meant the first one, 2nd one, third one, or all three.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 11, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

LethalLovely, please if you are going to reply to anything that I say, don't cap words to me. I see that as screaming. In the internet world it's classified as screaming.

I know some people sees it as emphazing and that's find, but I don't like it. I can understand a abbreviates of someone's name, saying capitalizing lol, wow or another expression.

You and I don't agree about Anne Stuarts books and that's fine with me. I am a person that stands on her opinion and I respect other people's opinion and I always let them stand on their opinion.

Oh another thing, if a person doesn't understand what I have said, I ask that they ask me to explain myself, instead of assuming I have said this, when I haven't.

Moving along......

message 14: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I think what Arch is trying to say (going by her prefs) is she doesn't mind love scenes but ones that go into detail about dripping and clenching body parts and such take it out of the realm of sweet. Anne Stuart writes more sensual romances without detail but she still implies the action unlike, say an erotic book would. Therefore it'd be closer to sweet although in the realm of sensual. Just a guess since that's usually Arch's pref. I think she may prefer the close door scenes but sensual would probably count. (Correct me if I'm wrong there, Arch)

In any event, just because it's not prevalent in romance doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Today's books are sex focused but yesterday's books weren't. And judging from the amount of books published per year, I'm sure a few goodies fell through the marketing cracks and are now backlist. I'd sure like to share and grab any titles that come my way and would love it if folks posted theirs.

Great thread, Arch. I'll keep it in mind when I'm book surfing and I'll be sure to pop back to add some titles.

message 15: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments I apologise if my capping the word "whole" came off as screaming to you. That was not my intention at all.

Also, I understood what you said. What I don't think is that you clarified well enough to me, or anyone else who might be a little confused, what scene you were refering to when you said that Anne Stuart "writes these kinds of scenes". Which scene? The one at the beginning? The one at the end? Both? That's what I toke you to mean, that Anne Stuart writes both kinds of scenes that you gave examples of. I've read quite a few authors who switch up the kinds of sex scenes they write depending on the decade or subject matter. They don't write just one specific kind of sex scene.

Like you said, moving on.

message 16: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks Rae.

Sweet Romance to me could mean: No sex, They head to the bedroom and close the door or even Soap Opera love scenes/Even some TV/movies. We see the hero and heroine getting ready to join themselves, but the scene doesn't get into details. The next thing we know they are either in bed talking or someone is getting out of bed getting dress to leave or they could be in another room after the commerical break.

message 17: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 12, 2010 11:20AM) (new)

No problem LethalLovely.

I will go fix my thread, so no one gets confused.

message 18: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Arch wrote: "I'll post the name when I get home. I don't think that I have added to my bookshelves."

Thanks, Arch. :-)

message 19: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 11, 2010 04:56PM) (new)

It's a Sweet Valley Jr. High book Rae. I know, they are so young. It's called Cheating on Anna. I will go add it. Cheating on Anna (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #8) by Francine Pascal

message 20: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Thank you very much for editing your post, Arch. I think the main reason, if not the only reason that we got into this semi-heated conversation was because I thought you were refering to both examples when describing AS's writing & I didn't agree with both examples in reference to her. I appreciate you fixing it & hopefully anyone else who might have been confused, isn't anymore.

Rae, believe me, I am well aware that "sweet romances" exist & even "sweet" IR's exist. I even listed one I read recently that IIRC, has the first example of scenes that Arch described. I haven't read many IR's & now that I think about it, I think the majority of them fit into either of the examples Arch listed. I don't have an e-reader so it's hard for me to get my hands on erotic IR. I think the only one I've read that was classifed as erotic IR was Just Like Candy by Kimberly Kaye Terry & I did not like it at all. The IR's I did like did happen to be "sweet". Hmmmmm. Maybe my hesitations about erotic IR have to do with fiction immitating life a little too much. I read about two caucasion people having explicit sex & it doesn't phase me. But if I read about a BW/WM having explicit sex, I feel like someone stuck a camcorder in me & my fiance's bedroom. o_O

message 21: by Arch , Mod (new)

You are welcome LethalLovely. I don't think our conversation had any heat in it at all.

message 22: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Aug 11, 2010 07:51PM) (new)

Arch wrote: "It's a Sweet Valley Jr. High book Rae. I know, they are so young. It's called Cheating on Anna. I will go add it.Cheating on Anna (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #8) by Francine Pascal"

Oh snap! I loved me some Sweet Valley High back in the day. Thanks Arch! I'm definitely going to try to hunt this one down. :-D

message 23: by Trenice (last edited Aug 11, 2010 07:50PM) (new)

Trenice @ Arch - When you say "Sweet Print" does that exclude your own title?

message 24: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

♠LethalLovely~HBBIC♠ wrote: "Thank you very much for editing your post, Arch. I think the main reason, if not the only reason that we got into this semi-heated conversation was because I thought you were refering to both examp..."

That's cool. Some folks who may be lurking could be wondering and I wanted to clarify what the conventions were just in case. Plus I tend to tangentize when making a point. That's not a word, but it'd be awesome if it were. ;-)

message 25: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae wrote:"Oh snap! I loved me some Sweet Valley High back in the day. Thanks Arch! I'm definitely going to try to hunt this one down. :-D"

You are welcome Rae. I will read the book soon. Maybe by Sunday and write a review.

message 26: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 12, 2010 11:20AM) (new)

What are you talking about?

message 27: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Arch wrote: "Trenice wrote: "@ Arch - When you say "Sweet Print" does that exclude your own title?"

What are you talking about?"

idk lol

message 28: by Arch , Mod (new)

Okay Trenice.

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Just a reminder that the rules say you are not supposed to quote what someone says back to them. If you have done that, please modify your post, or I will have to delete it. Thanks.

message 30: by Arch , Mod (new)

My bad. Let me go correct my replies.

message 31: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Fixed my post.

Danielle, I know you sent us a message encouraging us members to participate more in this group, but the more I participate, the more I'm starting to realize that this group just isn't for me.

Your a great person & an awesome GR friend & I hope that my decision doesn't affect it. I would like to think not. It's just....I have way more fun in the other groups I am really active in. Here, it feels like there is some underlying tension. That's just how I feel & my opinion. It doesn't make it true.

Have fun!

message 32: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 12, 2010 01:27PM) (new)

I was going to close my thread, but I've decided against it.

Please, everyone that wants to participate in this thread, disregards the above conversations. We are starting fresh. If you have any recommendations, then please list them and if I come across some, I will list them.

I have forgot that Daneille didn't want us quoting one another and I have a habit of doing that, but I like to be obedient and I will not quote anyone and everyone else please don't quote anyone as well.

Okay, I'm going to shut up. Lets have fun. :)