The Bookends discussion

Previous Group Reads > The Forgotten Garden **Spoilers** DISCUSSION (Aug. 10 - Sept. 10, 2010)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tasha, Moderator (new)

Tasha | 239 comments Mod
I have started it this morning. We will discuss it on Sept 11th. More details to follow.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Tasha, Moderator (last edited Sep 12, 2010 07:07PM) (new)

Tasha | 239 comments Mod
I enjoyed reading this book, I liked how the author went from the past to present. I was so sure that Rose was Nell's mother and then truly thought that she had adopted Mary's baby but what a twist when it turned out to be that Eliza was the mother.

The only thing about this book was once I put it down it was forgettable (if that makes sense) but once I picked it up again I did enjoy it! Also in the beginning when Cassandra went to live with Nell I thought she was there the whole time didn't even realize that she moved got married and had a child and then the accident, the author didn't elaborate much on that so I was a bit confused when I first read about her saying something about her husband and child.

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey This is my absolute favorite book! The story and characters have stuck with me since last year!

message 4: by Jackleen (new)

Jackleen | 7 comments I read this book last year. It was just fabulous. I just finished her latest book The Distant Hours by Kate Morton . And I can tell you her writing just gets better.

message 5: by Tasha, Moderator (last edited Sep 07, 2011 12:24PM) (new)

Tasha | 239 comments Mod
I have this book as well but haven't had a chance to start it.

message 6: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey I hope you like it when you get a chance to read it!