Witches Brew discussion

What should we read next?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliet (new)

Juliet Ekinaka (JDubDesign) | 20 comments Mod
Ok so I found some fun witchy series... Which one should we start??

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments I am considering reading Practical Magic. I watched the movie the other day and just recently found out it was originally a book.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (dlberdar) I've never read practical magic that sounds good. What witchy series are you considering?

message 4: by Juliet (new)

Juliet Ekinaka (JDubDesign) | 20 comments Mod
Oooooh I have "listened" to Practical Magic on a road trip and I loved it. It is very different from the movie and actually focuses more on the youngest daughters, not Jillian and..... Oh I am blanking. And the Aunts aren't in it as much, but is still was a wonderful book and I listen to it over and over :)

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Jefford | 2 comments I've been wanting to read Practical Magic and A Discovery of Witches. A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna (dlberdar) I still can't make it through discovery of witches but I am all for practical magic. I've seen the movie but never read the book. I just reserved it at the library. Can't wait to start it. We need to get more action going in this group though. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions???

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Jefford | 2 comments Too dry? I checked it out at the library then re-checked it and never read it. Sorta embarrassed to go back and check it out again. LOL Maybe it's not worth it. There are so many gripping stories out there waiting to be read.

I've been trying to read some "classics" within genres. Like I finally got around to reading Interview with the Vampire. I loved the movie in HS.

I've seen Practical Magic and would like to read the book. I just re-watched it a few months ago after learning that many of the scenes were filmed here on San Juan Island where I've lived for a year and a half. Coolness!

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Juliet wrote: "Oooooh I have "listened" to Practical Magic on a road trip and I loved it. It is very different from the movie and actually focuses more on the youngest daughters, not Jillian and..... Oh I am blan..."

Hmmm very interesting. I downloaded it on my nook but got the urge to re-read Harry Potter. :)

Discovery of Witches was a good book. I struggled to get through it. I was glad I stuck with it. I just finished Shadow of Night(where I struggled again)and I just don't know...ya know? I expected more, I guess. I will read the third one because I do really still like the series. I just hope I am not left with the same feeling.