I Gots Terrible Fever discussion

Book Discussion > UNHOLY MAGIC (Spoiler Thread)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Use this thread to discuss Unholy Magic with other who have finished the book. If you haven't read the book yet, turn away lest you learn what happens between Terrible, Chess, Lex and the rest of Downside.

I don't know about you, but I felt like my heart stopped beating when Terrible spotted Chess and Lex in the cemetery. I knew eventually someone was going to find out what she was doing, but I never expected it to happen like that!

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
I know! ...and it's not like just coming upon them in a bed or something. It's freezing outside, and he has to hear Chess convincing Lex that sex in a graveyard is a great idea...and references to other encounters. So very gut-wrenching!

message 3: by Anilú (new)

Anilú (anilumagloire) | 50 comments Heart breaking!!! Killed, me I tell ya'...
So glad you sterted this thread too :D

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 4 comments I can't believe how it went down. I wanted to scream, "Nooooo!!!!" I felt Terrible's pain & I was sick to my stomach for days!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 8 comments I was surprised at the beginning of the book that Terrible didn't know about Chess and Lex yet. I assumed that Terrible would have found out soon after Unholy Ghosts ended.

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I just read THE scene last night. I am about 80% finished with the book. I am impressed with how well Kane wrote that scene -- it was so painful, so realistic. I can see how Chess's bad choices (but not wanting to intentionally hurt anyone) led to the painful encounter. Poor Terrible and poor Chess. I am hoping from something positive to come between the two of them before the end of the book??? At least I have City of Magic to read when I am done. Kane is brilliant at writing this emotionally difficult and awkward scenes!

message 7: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 7 comments I bought the audio version, after having devoured all three in paperback, and must admit that've listened to the scene in the Pyle house where Terrible comes to take care of her at least 20 times. When he calls her Chessiebomb for the first time - it makes me melt a little. Anyone else love that or is it just me?

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I love it too. I listened to a sample on audible last night. The narrator is one of 4 narrators the narrated The Help so I am not sure I can get over that. But I am tempted to download it.

message 9: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 8 comments The audio is just great!

I read a sample of the book and really do like the audio better but both are great.

message 10: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Joanne wrote: "The audio is just great!

I read a sample of the book and really do like the audio better but both are great."

I heard that the audio was great. I'm going to have to listen to it one day.

message 11: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 8 comments Oh my gosh....furry pink and zebra striped pajamas...no way.

I am at the part where Chess called Terrible to help her at the Pyle house. I am waiting to listen to it later in the bath.

Anticipation!

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11 comments I <> when Terrible calls her Chessiebomb. I don't think I'm going to make it to Fall 2011 for book 4....

I've re-read THE scene on the snow covered roof top at least 10 times. Not to mention the graveyard scene, and the ending. LOL!

And the fighting between Chess and Terrible is done superbly. They say awful things to each other that most authors would NEVER write. So very raw and gritty.

message 13: by Colette (new)

Colette  (abuckeyegirlreads) | 37 comments Mod
I totally didn't think about buying audio for this series. Am now totally thinking about doing it.

message 14: by Yod (new)

Yod | 10 comments i have just read unholy ghosts. i found terrible as a compelling character. i know he is big, and rugged but who is he?

what is his ethnicity? i am sure it will get into that later, but i was wondering if anyone knew or if i just read too fast and missed it...

i figure it does not much matter, but i am curious. thanks for the replies.