Reading with Tequila Book Club discussion

Archives > November Nominations - Historical Fiction

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) Please nominate one Historical Fiction book for the November selection.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) I'll nominate The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (tubathespian) | 9 comments Pillar of Light, by Gerald N. Lund

message 5: by TheGeekyBlogger (last edited Aug 12, 2010 01:27PM) (new)

TheGeekyBlogger I'll nominate The White Queen

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I agree with Michelle with The Alchemist's Daughter

message 8: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitortot) | 18 comments I'm not familiar with many historical fiction books, so I'll leave this one up to you guys!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Lou-ella wrote: "Oh I agree with Michelle with The Alchemist's Daughter"

I've been dying to read it and it is always more fun when others are reading too so you can discuss!

message 10: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 2 comments I have The White Queen on my TBR as well as The Last Queen by CW Gortner.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here Michelle!! For some reason I've always picked it up, then put it back, I'm the only mad reader amungst my friends and the only books I can discuss with them are the vampire ones lol! So this enitire thing for me will be a nice change!

message 12: by Stephen (last edited Aug 18, 2010 01:04PM) (new)

Stephen | 5 comments I also would like to read The Alchemist's Daughter! But with NaNoWriMo in November, I may not finish reading it until later.

message 13: by Misha (new)

Misha (mishamathew) I have the white queen on my TBR pile for quite a while. so I will nominate that

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 21 comments I would also be game for The White Queen or The Last Queen. I really want to read both of them!

message 15: by Julie (new)

Julie I have several suggestions--The White Queen, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Pillars Of The Earth or The Clan Of The Cave Bear (not sure if this one is considered historical fiction, but thought I would throw it out there).....

All of these are on my TBR list, so any of these would be fine!

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephen wrote: "I also would like to read The Alchemist's Daughter! But with NaNoWriMo in November, I may not finish reading it until later."

Always nice to meet another NaNoer! I will also be absent that month for the same reason.

message 17: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 5 comments Amanda wrote:
Always nice to meet another NaNoer! I will also be abs..."

This will be my first year to participate. I was a "lurker" last year

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephen wrote: "Amanda wrote:
Always nice to meet another NaNoer! I will also be abs..."

This will be my first year to participate. I was a "lurker" last year"

Well its a good time. But I haven't won yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) Last call for Historical Fiction nominations. Poll will open later this week.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 21 comments I may be doing NaNoWriMo too...have not officially decided yet.

When will the poll be up?

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) Michelle wrote: "I may be doing NaNoWriMo too...have not officially decided yet.

When will the poll be up?"

October 5th the latest.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 21 comments Okay...thanks Jennifer!