What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

God’s Handmaiden
This topic is about God’s Handmaiden
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Christian historical romance young woman, 15, whose mother had died, is sent to be a scullery maid, I think, in a manor house and she falls in love with the son. Something about a fire also [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tonya (cptwentworth) | 8 comments Read this around 2002/3? A young women, 15, whose mother had died, is sent to be a scullery maid, I think, in a manor house and she falls in love with the son. Something about a fire also, and she tends to him. It is Christian fiction, takes place in the 1800s? My recollection is quite sketchy on this.

message 2: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 53 comments I think this might be it.... The Maiden of Mayfair?

Possibly (but probably not):

Sophie's Heart (not a teen)
The Scullery Maid (not Christian)
Folly (not really romance)

Tonya (cptwentworth) | 8 comments Thanks for the suggestions, Ariana. None of these are the book, though. Most people think Europe with historical romance, but if I'm remembering right, this was in the States. There was also a small boy on the streets she befriended? Argh, I've been racking my brain for any other information I can remember.

message 4: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments I don't have a clue, but I want to know what it is! The book sounds really cute!

message 5: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 53 comments Is there any chance that you can remember any character's name?

message 6: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 53 comments Seaside Cinderella

I REALLY THINK THIS IS IT!!!!!

Tonya (cptwentworth) | 8 comments No, that's not it either. But I should put that on my to-read list!

This girl lives in a village in a dirt-floored house, her mother dies. I'm thinking she either had to marry this old man, which she found disgusting, or go out on her own. So she gets a job at the manor house in the States. Another jealous woman starts the fire that injures the wealthy son, and our heroine takes care of him, and they fall in love.

Every couple of days I search for this. I should go to the library where I remember checking it out and see if a cover catches my attention.

Tonya (cptwentworth) | 8 comments I found it! Called God's Handmaiden, by Gilbert Morris. I was scanning the shelves at the library until the title jumped out at me.

Thanks everyone.