THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - Miscellaneous Topics > RICK IS BACK FROM VACATION!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
I will be away on a cruise with my family from 8/12 - 8/17 - so if you email me or post a comment - and I don't immediatly reply- it is by no means out of impoliteness- I am not sure that I will have access to the Web during my days on the high seas!
I shall be looking forward to returning- and certainly wish all of you only the best!!
Rick

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) Have a great time!!

message 3: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 72 comments Have fun Rick.

message 4: by Shay (new)

Shay | 528 comments Rick, did you pack your books yet? I don't have a Kindle or Nook, so I spend a great deal of trip planning on what books to take. (More than clothes,shoes, toiletries, etc.) Like to make sure I have enough light reading, something substantial, an old standby that I know I love, etc. Have to pack a book for every potential mood and situation.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Bon voyage Rick. We promise not to play havoc with your book group while you are away. Although it might not look quite the same on your return.

Just kidding. Have a great trip. :D

message 6: by Petra (new)

Petra Sounds like great fun, Rick! Have a wonderful time!

message 7: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 24 comments Have a great time Rick!! Hope we see you soon!!

message 8: by Hank (new)

Hank Quense I went on a cruise in July (NCL) and while I could purchase access time to the web, it was expensive and had to bought in blocks of time. I bought 250 minutes and it cost em $100. Take about ripping off a captive audience.
Bon Voyage!

Rick wrote: "I will be away on a cruise with my family from 8/12 - 8/17 - so if you email me or post a comment - and I don't immediatly reply- it is by no means out of impoliteness- I am not sure that I will ha..."

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Have a terrific time. There is nothing like a vacation with the family!

message 10: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) Enjoy your vacation!
Have fun and be safe.

message 11: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 39 comments Have fun on your cruise. They are fun. I hope you and your family enjoy your vacation.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Isaacs (eisaacs) | 5 comments Be safe, have fun, and take advantage of the screen free time!

message 13: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 27 comments Hope you have a great time.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! This will be the first time since my father's passing 4 years ago that we are all together again- in celebration of my mother's birthday- so a very special time!

message 15: by Louise (new)

Louise (louisebohmer) | 22 comments Have a wonderful time with your family, Rick. :-)

message 16: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannnealreilly) My family went on a cruise last year. We had a blast, but it was too expensive to get Internet. I got a lot of reading done, though! Have a good time.

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) Have a great time Rick, you deserve it.

message 18: by Toni (last edited Aug 11, 2010 05:21PM) (new)

Toni Nelson (goodreadscomtoninelson) | 3 comments Rick wrote: "I will be away on a cruise with my family from 8/12 - 8/17 - so if you email me or post a comment - and I don't immediatly reply- it is by no means out of impoliteness- I am not sure that I will ha..."

Today is Aug. 12 and I hope I didn't miss you! I seem to be running late everywhere... even on my blog! Look forward to your return from the high seas.

message 19: by J.R. (new)

J.R. | 374 comments There is so much to do on a cruise you won't have much time for the computer anyway. Have a good time.

message 20: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Thornton (eileenthornton) | 52 comments Have a great holiday. Cruising is absolutely marvellous.

Cheers,
Eileen

message 21: by Sarah Jo. (new)

Sarah Jo. (sprinkles4cookies) Rick wrote: "I will be away on a cruise with my family from 8/12 - 8/17 - so if you email me or post a comment - and I don't immediatly reply- it is by no means out of impoliteness- I am not sure that I will ha..."

Have a great time! Don't forget to pack sunscreen.
Smiley Faces and Rocketships.
~Sarah.

message 22: by Kaos (new)

Kaos Kwast | 1 comments Hope you had a great time on your cruise.

message 23: by Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB (last edited Aug 16, 2010 11:01AM) (new)

HI ALL!! Back from the cruise- was great!!! nice to have my whole family together again! and loved snorkling in Bahama! Internet was VERY expensive on ship- and I knew club was in great hands!- it's our club to me always- never mine- but great to be back- will take some time to read all the posts/emails- but I will get to them! thanks to all you!
Rick

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) welcome back Rick!!

message 25: by Petra (new)

Petra Welcome back, Rick! Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise. The Bahamas must be beautiful. I've only seen pictures.

thanks- it was very nice- really great beach and very colorful fish! I saw about 50 different ones snorkeling!

message 27: by Pam (new)

Pam Welcome back and glad that you enjoyed the cruise. That is our favorite thing to do (cruising the Carribean). My husband and I have done many many cruises...

message 28: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) Welcome back!!!! Aren't vacations great?!?! It's so nice to get away AND to spend time with family!!

message 29: by Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB (last edited Aug 16, 2010 12:12PM) (new)

Pam wrote: "Welcome back and glad that you enjoyed the cruise. That is our favorite thing to do (cruising the Carribean). My husband and I have done many many cruises..."

Nanette wrote: "Rick,

happy you had a nice time..I envy you and your family...HAPPINESS for you always!"

Thanks Nanette and Pam and all of you wonderful folks!
This was the first cruise I ever went on- and it was a blast- great shows, great food and family- what more can one ask?

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 16, 2010 06:37PM) (new)

Glad you had a great time. Welcome back.

message 31: by Beth (new)

Beth | 126 comments I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise, Rick! Snorkeling is one of my favorite activities, too.

Beth wrote: "I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise, Rick! Snorkeling is one of my favorite activities, too."

Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Glad you had a great time. Welcome back."

thanks Gail!

Beth- first time for me- and it was spectacular! didnt know what to expect- but loved every second of it!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Back Rick

So did you have a great time?

message 34: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Pilgrim (oldgeezer) | 145 comments Hi Rick,
While you were away, sunning yourself,[getting seasick and stung by jellyfish:] little old me finished my new goldfish/wildlife pond, 4X6 meters, with the help of my youngest son and his friend.
So, you are bobbing about on the ocean blue, soaking up the rays, then watching other 'rays', then there's me, covered in mud, dodging thunder storms, only to end up falling in and getting a close up of my goldfish!! Isn't jealousy a terrible thing!!
Come on you lot buy my books!! I wanna go on a cruise too blaaaa!
Welcome back mate, glad you enjoyed it, do I miss traveling or what.
All the very best, Paul Rix [oldgeezer:]

Timothy wrote: "Hi Rick,
While you were away, sunning yourself,[getting seasick and stung by jellyfish:] little old me finished my new goldfish/wildlife pond, 4X6 meters, with the help of my youngest son ..."

thanks Paul- I must admit- loved it- but never realized I suffered from sea-sickness until almostlast day- had very hard time sleeping each night- days were great- but sleeping was like a having an elephant standing on my stomach- and man! was I spinning the next day- a real revelation- just happy that I got to enjoy all the days and dinners ect- but sleep-time- AHHHHHH!!!!

Hunter wrote: "Welcome Back Rick

So did you have a great time?"

thanks Hunter! great times- favorite was the snorkeling and the dinners- as I wrote above- worst was the sleeping (or lack there of!)

message 37: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Pilgrim (oldgeezer) | 145 comments Hi Rick,
sorry about the 'mal-de mere', a comment made out of pure jealousy, absolutely no ill intent! I am only too well aware of the total wretchedness which comes with the lack of 'sealegs' now you know why I was a soldier!!!
all the best, Paul Rix [oldgeezer:]

message 38: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 24 comments Hello Rick!! Welcome back!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to the Bahamas! I always wanted to go to the Bahamas!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.