The Chronicles of Narnia discussion

Fave Book

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) | 39 comments Mod
Which book is your favorite? Why?

message 2: by Jaime Lynn (new)

Jaime Lynn (jmelynnou) | 4 comments My fav book in the series so far (I am currently on The Voyage of the Dawn Trader- so don't tell me anything about the following books! ha) is A Horse and His Boy. That book was so exciting...always action...great character development. Awesome book.

message 3: by Jaime Lynn (new)

Jaime Lynn (jmelynnou) | 4 comments Dawn Treader....excuse my typo por favor. Gracias.

message 4: by Abby (new)

i like that one too, y know arivis is a lot like someone i know.(the stuk up side of her)

message 5: by Jaime Lynn (new)

Jaime Lynn (jmelynnou) | 4 comments Aravis rocks. I love her...but yeah she definitely has a bad side too.

message 6: by Abby (last edited Jun 30, 2008 05:35PM) (new)

I think Bree is so funny ,the way hes conceted

message 7: by Jaime Lynn (last edited Jul 05, 2008 09:53AM) (new)

Jaime Lynn (jmelynnou) | 4 comments Ok I finished The Voyage of the Dawn Treader....it is now my favorite book...more than A Horse and His Boy.

message 8: by Abby (new)

what part did you like best?

message 9: by Abby (new)

well my favorite book is probably The lion the witch and wardrobe, but i love them all. three cheers for c.s. lewis.

ya know his first initials stand for clives staples. thats why he insisted on being called jack, at the age of 3. :)

message 10: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy (jakerator) | 4 comments Yea i think i remember where you got that info. Well, my favorite has got to be the last battle. Its just so different from the other ones. It also was a good way to end the series. it wasn't forced or anything. Thats what Clives Staples Lewis thought. And thats why he didn't write any more. By the way, he was called Jack at 4 I think. :]

message 11: by Abby (new)

No im pretty sure it was 3. but maybe im wrong :P

message 12: by Sema (new)

Sema | 3 comments My favorite book is probably the Last Battle, too! It is a hard choice though! All of the books are amazing! The Silver Chair is a runner up. I like the Last Battle for the same reasons Jeremy does

message 13: by Abby (new)

i like the last battle,but when narnia dies,its just so sad.

message 14: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah | 1 comments A horse and his boy is my favorite. No one has ever made a movie out of it though. Can't imagine why. Very good story!

message 15: by Abby (last edited Sep 14, 2008 07:37PM) (new)

Yea, i know.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

douglas gresham (stepson of c.s.lewis) wants to make it horse and his boy a movie

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

i finished all 7 books in 6 days

i dont really know what would be my fave ....i love them all i'll choose later

message 18: by Lilli (new)

Lilli (lillig) me either all of them are cool

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 5 comments Jaime Lynn wrote: "Ok I finished The Voyage of the Dawn Treader....it is now my favorite book...more than A Horse and His Boy."

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my absolute favorite of the series as well. The best part of the book, to me, is when Aslan comes and has to rip the dragon scales off of Eustace. As a Christian, it has so much meaning to me and I really like that part.

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 12 comments YaY people are on!! I just joined. My fav. is the Last battle I love the end of narnis its so cool! I also love the magicians nephew! The last one well I dont really want to ruin it for everyone but i love the last page. The first book because everything has just started and its so mysterious and durring the rest of the book everything kind of morphes together and makes so much sense.

message 21: by Abby (new)

the last battle is awesome...but its so sad(well up to a point)

yea i love that about the magicains nephew..:)

message 22: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Hi everyone! I'm Megan :)

I finished the Last Battle two days ago :P

My favorite?? Hm. I love them all, for different reasons... I think that Prince Caspian and the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe are my two favorites in general.

But I love the Magician's Nephew because of it's friendship themes and just how dang cool it was!

I loved The Horse and His Boy because I loved the characters.

I loved the Voyage of the Dawn Treader... for so many reasons and I simply cannot list them all. Dawn Treader is probably my third favorite.

The Silver Chair I loved because of the temptation/Satan/snake theme part. (Although I hated Caspian dying.)

I loved the Last Battle chiefly for the death of Narnia. I don't mean that I wanted Narnia to die, or anything, I just mean that the end was so sad and so beautiful...

I will read all these books a gazillion times more, I'd be willing to bet :)

message 23: by Abby (new)

hi megan!!
haha..wont we all :D

message 24: by Torie (new)

Torie (keybender) | 3 comments 'The Magician's Nephew' is my favorite, because it's such an intense adventure and so very original. It also answers questions you may have had if you read 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' first. It's simply an extremely brilliant book!

message 25: by Abby (new)

The magicians nephew is very good. It's probably one of the best prequels in literature, along with The Hobbit, and others that I can't think of right now haha.

message 26: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) I really enjoyed Prince Caspian, the fourth book in the series. I like how it adds more characters and more action.

message 27: by Abby (new)

That's a good one too, it's a shame the movie didn't do it justice.

message 28: by brooke1994 (last edited Apr 09, 2013 10:04AM) (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) Abby wrote: "That's a good one too, it's a shame the movie didn't do it justice."

I actually loved the movie, seeing that it added more action and affects than The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. The only part that got annoying was Susan and Caspian's relationship. They never fell in love in the book. I hate when unnecessary romance is added, it makes the story overly cheesy.

message 29: by Abby (new)

Haha yea that was my biggest problem too. And also how they changed Peters character. In the book he was happy to move aside for Caspian, unlike his resentment of him in the movie.

message 30: by Hemanth (new)

Hemanth son of zeus | 1 comments my fav is silver chair cos thats the most adventorous and at last i loved it when they escaped from the green witch

message 31: by Abby (new)

Oh yea, Puddle-glum is one of my favorite Narnia characters :)

message 32: by Montana (new)

Montana Phan (phanofmontana) | 4 comments Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Abby wrote: "That's a good one too, it's a shame the movie didn't do it justice."

I actually loved the movie, seeing that it added more action and affects than The Lion, the witch, and the wardrob..."

I agree. =)

message 33: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 1 comments I think my favorite book was probably "The Last Battle". While it is a bit slow to start, I absolutely loved how C.S. Lewis tied it all together at the end. This was hands down my favorite series to read!