Fans of Megan Hart discussion

Chat > Six degrees of Elle Stewart

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KarenH (last edited Aug 10, 2010 02:35AM) (new)

KarenH | 13 comments Okay, Megan's characters walk in and out of each other's stories as though they were all part of one big family. I realize that is essentially true as they are all MH's "babies", but she takes a character beyond the usual honorable mention in a subsequent book. It's like a game to test the reader's awareness. Using Elle Stewart as the central character, let's see if we can figure out who knows who.

message 2: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 13 comments What I noticed in "Naked".
At a birthday party for Pippa, Olivia meets Chad & Luke and their daughter, Leah. Chad is Elle's brother who first appears in Dirty (Elle & Dan's story) and again in the Spice Brief's short story "Reason Enough". In RE, we learn about Leah. Olivia & Chad engage in a convo regarding the Jewish faith; and, hearing this from Chad, Elle calls to invite Olivia to a Passover seder. (Elle converted before marrying Dan.) Olivia meets Elle, Dan and their immediate family members - one of whom is Elle's mother who is lovingly playing with her granddaughter. This is only significant if you read RE, because that is when Elle's mom shed a lifetime of ingrained prejudices and accepted her gay son's adopted black daughter as her true granddaughter. Whew! Dan's mother is also present at the seder. I think we met Dan & his mother at Grace's funeral home in "Stranger" when the father died. Dan's brother, Sam, is Grace's BF in "Stranger".

Sarah, Olivia's BFF, casually mentions to Olivia that she is in love. However, she never says the guy's name, but I think it is Joe from "Broken" because he dated a girl who, like Sarah, had purple hair. The heroine in "Broken" is Sadie who is a therapist. Elle Stewart is a client of hers. Then later Sarah mentions she is seeing a new guy named Jack who is a male prostitute. Jack was a secondary love interest of Grace's in "Stranger". And was it Jack who was involved in the menage with Elle & Dan?

Help me out here, Adrienne. My brain is fried from wracking it!

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle | 4 comments Yes, it was definitely Jack who engages in a threesome with Elle & Dan. It is also somewhat implied in 'Stranger' that Dan paid Jack to sleep with them, thus starting his career as a male prostitute.

message 4: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 73 comments Mod
Hey great thread:) :) I've been on a trip but now I'm back, so here goes with another and I hope I've got my facts right. Marcy (from Dirty) makes an appearance in Naked...at one of Patricks party (I think).

message 5: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 13 comments The photography class that Olivia takes is instructed by Scott Church who is Megan Hart's photographer in real life.

message 6: by Adrienne (new)

Ok I've just posted this on another thread BUT just incase it doesn't get to you..... Joe and Sadie make an appearance in Deeper. Did anyone pick up on that when they read Deeper?? I know I didn't but it was the first of Megans Spice books that I read so I wouldn't know J&S. But I'm seriously going to have to re-read this now.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Is there and order that the books should be read?

message 8: by Adrienne (new)

There is. I htink we have another thread with the list so I'll post on there and it should get to you:)

message 9: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 13 comments Adrienne wrote: "Ok I've just posted this on another thread BUT just incase it doesn't get to you..... Joe and Sadie make an appearance in Deeper. Did anyone pick up on that when they read Deeper?? I know I didn't..."

I read Deeper before Broken so I don't remember them, but the characters from other books seem to sneak in at parties and family gatherings. Joe and Sadie wouldn't have been together when Nick and Bess were teens so maybe they show up at the barbecue(?) at the end. I'll listen to that scene again (omg, can I do that without crying my eyes out since it's right at the end?) and I'll let you know.
SmileyCentral.com

message 10: by Adrienne (new)

Thanks Karen I filpped through to see if I could find anything...maybe customers at the cafe, but alas no luck, so the BBQ seems most likely, I have a book to finish and one to read then I'm re-reading Deeper I need my MH fix LOL

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle | 4 comments Only Joe shows up in the book. It's when Bess goes to the house she shared with Andy for some sort of get-together and Joe is there because he's an old friend of Andy's and they talk about Sadie for very little.

message 12: by Adrienne (new)

Oh wow! thank you, I have a soft spot for Joe and Sadie.

message 13: by comfort (new)

comfort | 2 comments all this talking now has made me go back for a re-read- I think I initially started reading them "out of sequence" though I know they CAN be read as stand-alones.