Fans of Johanna Lindsey discussion

Lindseys Series > Malory-Anderson Family

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lover of Romance (loverofromance) | 42 comments Mod
The Malory Family is with five siblings. There is the oldest Jason Malory,Edward, Anthony, James, and Regina. I just have loved reading this series, each and every one of the books involved in this series are filled with rogues and spirited heroines that are put into adventure, passion and excitement. Of all the siblings I would have to say that James story is my favorite, he is definitely one that amuses me as we see him throughout the whole series. Of course we have other books in the series where there are the Anderson brothers involved (Georgina's brothers) and they are all American heroes hat are just as delightful as the Malory's. I would like to see stories more about Edward, and see more of him. I do hope that she continues working on this series. What did you think about her most recent one Promised To A Rogue? What do you think about the Malory Family series?

message 2: by Jackie M (last edited Aug 25, 2010 04:49PM) (new)

Jackie M I love all her books about the Malory's and like you James is my favorite. I hope she does continue writing about them because I love to see past characters in her newer books.

message 3: by Yaya (new)

Yaya (yaya_trn_enthusiast) | 9 comments Gentle Rogue is my favorite Malory novel but PTAR or That Perfect Someone, as it is also called does not, in my opinion, compare to her older Malory Novels (A loving Scoundrel, Love Only Once and Say You Love Me).

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

@Yaya - I agree! It seems that her newest Malory books seem to be a bit lacking in what her old Malory books had. I think my favorite would be the 4th Malory book...I can't remember what it's called. Crap.. but it features Warren and Amy. I also liked the one with Jamie. :D

message 5: by Clysta (last edited Sep 02, 2010 03:37PM) (new)

Clysta (calisimancek) | 8 comments Carissa wrote: "@Yaya - I agree! It seems that her newest Malory books seem to be a bit lacking in what her old Malory books had. I think my favorite would be the 4th Malory book...I can't remember what it's calle..."

The Magic of You - I love Amy's clairvoyance and how she uses it against her cousin Jeremy. She makes me laugh every time.

I really liked the story about Christopher Malory and his gypsy princess, Anastasia, in The Present.

Shannonreads like crazy | 3 comments It's so hard to pick a favourite Malory book, although I agree the earlier ones are better.

My faves stories are James's, Amy's, Jeremy's and I also really enjoyed Drew's story even though it's recent. The whole shipboard romance, I really like as well as the captive thing.

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison | 3 comments My absolute favourite is Tony's story followed by Amy, then James.

message 8: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 5 comments Alison i agree with you tonys book was the first book i got an instanstly fell in love

message 9: by Yaya (new)

Yaya (yaya_trn_enthusiast) | 9 comments I love Tony's book but I can read James' story over and over.

message 10: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 5 comments Yaya his is funny and i enjoy to

message 11: by Yaya (new)

Yaya (yaya_trn_enthusiast) | 9 comments My favorite part is when he tells Connie that he plans to make her his mistress and she is on the next boat leaving the port with her brother.

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney) (last edited Dec 29, 2010 07:12PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Actually, Regina is their niece. Her parents died and she was raised by her uncles.

My favorite of the series is the first 4 books.

message 13: by Yaya (new)

Yaya (yaya_trn_enthusiast) | 9 comments I was reffering to Georgina, the American.

message 14: by Lover of Romance (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Actually, Regina is their niece. Her parents died and she was raised by her uncles.

My favorite of the series is the first 4 books."

I agree Pamela!! Those are my favorites of the series!! Although there are a couple others that I just love as well!!!

message 15: by Clysta (new)

Clysta (calisimancek) | 8 comments Has anyone read the newest Malory novel "The Perfect Someone?"

message 16: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M Clysta wrote: "Has anyone read the newest Malory novel "The Perfect Someone?""

Yep I read it in July.

message 17: by Loudice (new)

Loudice (yoys) | 6 comments Carissa wrote: "@Yaya - I agree! It seems that her newest Malory books seem to be a bit lacking in what her old Malory books had. I think my favorite would be the 4th Malory book...I can't remember what it's calle..."

Hi, I'm new!

I have to agree about her earlier Malory novels being better than the newer ones. I love:

Gentle Rogue - James' story
Love Only Once - Regina's story
Tender Rebel - Tony's story
The Magic of You - Amy's story

message 18: by Randyy (new)

Randyy | 1 comments i love these stories. The dialogue in Gentle Rogue is amazing! I really fell in love with James and his dry humour. But I really did not care at all too much for George's brothers for them to be getting their own books. And their books are terrible. She really should have just stuck with the Malorys.Of her newer books, I did love Jeremy's story and Danny. Their story has been done before but it still was great and has really become one of my favs

message 19: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments I reading A Loving Scoundrel and i loved it

I have Say You Love Me (Malory Family, #5) by Johanna Lindsey No Choice But Seduction (Mallory Family, #9) by Johanna Lindsey Captive of My Desires (Malory Family, #8) by Johanna Lindsey The Magic of You (Malory Family, #4) by Johanna Lindsey i haven't read them yet

message 20: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johannar) | 1 comments The Magic of You is one of my all time favs. I have to read it at least once a year!

message 21: by Joeera (last edited May 15, 2011 07:40AM) (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments I just started reading Magic of You (Malory Family, Book 4) by Johanna Lindsey i fell in with this book it ws amazing

message 22: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments Just bought Tender Rebel (Malory Family) by Johanna Lindsey

message 23: by Mslvoe (new)

Mslvoe I love all her Malory series. Splendid!!

message 24: by Kmwwjd (new)

Kmwwjd | 3 comments Her Malory series is my all time favorite of hers. I LOVE James; his sense of humor closely resembles my own. So far I have enjoyed all the books in this series. Although I liked "Promised to a Rogue" I was disappointed that the main characters weren't part of the Malory or Anderson family. I would really like for Lindsey to write a book about either James' or Anthony's daughters.

message 25: by Talkit (new)

Talkit | 1 comments Hi Everyone,

I love the Malory-Anderson series!!! James is my favorite in the Malory clan for the men. You have to love his sardonic manner. As for the Malory women, I so enjoyed Amy's personality. Warren is my favorite Anderson.

message 26: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments just bought Gentle Rogue (Malory Family, #3) by Johanna Lindsey

message 27: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) One of my faves, Joeera!

message 28: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments I just read Love Only Once (Malory Family, #1)  by Johanna Lindsey i realy loved this book

message 29: by Erin (new)

Erin | 2 comments Of all the Malory's James Is My Favourite Male. And Amy is my favourite female of the malorys.
My Favourite couple:Georgina Anderson and James Malory
My favourite Heroine: Could never descide but its between Georgina Anderson ,Amy Malory, Danny--From A Loving Scoundrel.
Anderson: Warren and Drew

message 30: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments I just read

Once a Princess (Cardinia's Royal Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey

I really loved this book

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (beautyisfer) | 1 comments My introduction to Johanna Lindsey was No Choice But Seduction (Mallory Family, #9) by Johanna Lindsey and I fell in love with her books. I would very much like to read the series from the beginning but am not sure the order they are supposed to be in.

message 32: by Joeera (last edited Jul 18, 2012 01:38PM) (new)

Joeera  | 23 comments Here is the order

Love Only Once (Malory Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey Tender Rebel (Malory Family, #2) by Johanna Lindsey Gentle Rogue (Malory Family, #3) by Johanna Lindsey The Magic of You (Malory Family, #4) by Johanna Lindsey Say You Love Me (Malory Family, #5) by Johanna Lindsey

1 through 5

what is book number 6

message 33: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) #6 The Present (Malory Family, #6) by Johanna Lindsey
#7 A Loving Scoundrel (Malory Family, #7) by Johanna Lindsey
#8 Captive of My Desires (Malory Family, #8) by Johanna Lindsey
#9 No Choice But Seduction (Mallory Family, #9) by Johanna Lindsey
#10 That Perfect Someone (Malory Family, #10) by Johanna Lindsey

message 34: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 2 comments How I miss this series!! Hoping for a come back....I really like Gentle Rogue!

message 35: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 12 comments Gentle Rouge is my favorite Malory family book :)

message 36: by Makins (new)

Makins | 1 comments Hi, so glad to join, I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Ohr (Gabrielle & Richard's shipmate/friend) is the half brother of the Anderson children from Bridgeport? It is mentioned in Richard's story he is the son of an American sailor and an Asian mother. He says he found out his father was dead and wasn't sure if he would make himself known to the family. Just curious. Thoughts?

message 37: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 2 comments Ooooh... Need to inspect!!! XD

message 38: by ✿-Anna-✿ (new)

✿-Anna-✿ (annad347) I LOVED the Mallory Stories and I was kind of obsessed with them for awhile... maybe still am a little. James Mallory is TOTALLY my favorite Mallory as well as his story 'Gentle Rogue'. I loved that part that Yaya mentioned on the deck but my most favorite part was when he was shouting to her 'Georgie you can't leave me', sucked it was in the end of the book but still I loved that part.

My second favorite story and favorite Mallory would Derek and his story 'Say You Love Me' I loved the part where he first brought Kelsey and when Derek rescued her from that jerk who wanted to hurt her.

What I LOVE the most about all the Mallory books is that the family is like in every book especially my favorite James Mallory, he was like the go to for problem fixing... but I loved how you really kind of got into the family's life.

I do hope Johanna Lindsey writes a story of the last two male Mallory's that are still bachelors Marshall and Travis, Edward's sons... especially Travis, cause like his uncles he is reluctant to get married... *giggles*

I did love the Perfect Someone but the main characters weren't Mallory's just friends of theirs.

message 39: by Lover of Romance (new)

I did love Say You Love Me!! Probably one of my favorites, Derek is just awesome, you can't get any better. Although Gentle Rogue is a special for my since it was my first book from this author. I do know that another Mallory book is coming out, "Stormy Persuasion" Its Judith's story. So it should be a good one. I do agree with you Annad, I hope that she does Marshall or Travis.

message 40: by Stasia (new)

Stasia | 19 comments I can not wait till June! I was so hoping to read more of the Malory family. I hope Judith's story fills us in on all the family members and how there doing since she's all grown up and plenty of time has gone by. I don't think I could pick a favorite Malory story it's been so long since I read them, high school I think, I must go back and read them to refresh before stormy persuasion hit the shelfs. All I do remember is how marvelous they were, especially James and Georgina's story. Soooo excited!!!!!

message 41: by ✿-Anna-✿ (new)

✿-Anna-✿ (annad347) Judith... but she's a child?? NOOOOOOOooo... I don't want them to grow up so fast... she's still a baby!!! *giggles*

message 42: by Stasia (new)

Stasia | 19 comments Lol let's see how James handles being a father in law

message 43: by Lover of Romance (new)

I know... Way too excited to see how he reacts... Love love love James, makes me want to re read gentle rogue again lol

message 44: by ✿-Anna-✿ (new)

✿-Anna-✿ (annad347) no uncle, isn't it Judith's love story? She's Anthony's daughter who hates Americans as much as James... so not only will Judith not be having a coming out in London like her parents want but will be falling in love with an American... that is so cruel, funny but cruel.

Jack (Jacqueline) she's James daughter.

*thinks real hard* I think that's right? *runs to look at Family Tree* yea that's right.

message 45: by Lover of Romance (new)

Oh yeah lol my bad. But Anthony is almost as temperamental as James is, so it should be very amusing

message 46: by ✿-Anna-✿ (new)

✿-Anna-✿ (annad347) I'm surr it will be, remeber how Anthony was with Katie and Boyd... and he didnt even raise Katie

message 47: by Stasia (new)

Stasia | 19 comments see am telling you i need to go back and read the series all over again Lol Anthony I think was just as temperamental... I cant wait to see how they handle their daughters having love lives.

message 48: by ✿-Anna-✿ (last edited Jan 09, 2014 05:28PM) (new)

✿-Anna-✿ (annad347) NOOOOO They're just babies!!! I'm not just looking forward to reading about the father's reactions but the uncles and not to mention the older cousin who can spot a RAKE a mile a way... you know takes one to know one kind of thing.

message 49: by Nadosha (new)

Nadosha  (nadien) | 1 comments I hope she does continue writing about them because I love to see past characters in her newer books.I hope that she does Marshall or Travis soon and I can't wait the new book stormy persuasion . I love all the Malory family books .

message 50: by Lover of Romance (new)

Nadien wrote: "I hope she does continue writing about them because I love to see past characters in her newer books.I hope that she does Marshall or Travis soon and I can't wait the new book stormy persuasion ...."
I agree, I have been hoping for Travis for quite some time.

« previous 1