Delirity discussion

Author N-P > Wings - A. Pike

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 09, 2010 09:39PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Wings is going to be a movie.

Nothing else to contribute. Moving on...

message 3: by Heather (new)

I haven't read them yet. I'm waiting for the library to get them. Or for me to see nothing better at the store and finally cave. I'm surprised I haven't yet.

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Wings was pretty good it was a sweet inocent story. Her faries are more like tinker bell Disney type. Which explains why Disney is making a movie out of it starting Milley Cirus. :/. I caved the other day and Bought Spells the second book in the series so far its pretty good.

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I finally bought Spells a couple weeks ago, but haven't read it yet. I actually pre-ordered it, but I was having problems with my mail at that time so it got sent back.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela B I really liked Wings but haven't gotten to spells yet

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments Wings was Okay. Hated everyone except for David. David's amazing. He saved it. Laurel is very selfish, to me, and Tamani irritates me no end. Bit too young for my liking, but all right I guess. I won't bother reading the next one.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Really? She's a !!!!!!!! I'm kind of shocked. I only saw half of this coming. I'm not done yet though.

message 9: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I've read both and thought they were pretty good. I liked the lighter take on fairies since most of the faery books I've read have been the scary kind. I liked David in Wings, but he lost a little something in my eyes in Spells.
I loved the way Spells ended though and it makes me excited for the third book!

message 10: by Heather (new)

***Spoilers**** (Wings)

So, I saw the fae thing coming, but the blossom? Not expected. I had to try not to laugh at the whole pollinating thing. I can see some creep running around putting his hands in girls flowers. (That sounds wrong on so many levels).

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments I have read both of these. I did like Wings better, mostly for the surprise. Spells seemed very predictable to me, but ok.

message 12: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments For some reason, I started laughing when Tamani told Laurel that for them Sex is just for Fun. Not something you see written in YA fiction very often. =P
I dislike Tamani though. He annoys me.

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Mairead wrote: "For some reason, I started laughing when Tamani told Laurel that for them Sex is just for Fun. Not something you see written in YA fiction very often. =P
I dislike Tamani though. He annoys me."

I agree with you about Tamani's commment. It was definitely not the norm.

message 14: by Heather (new)

I laughed at the same spot. I liked Wings a little better for the same reason Darcy, but I really enjoyed this series. I know it's fairy-lite, but there was something sweet about the story that just made me want to keep reading. Book 2 definitely left me wondering what Tamani is up to.

message 15: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) Tamani's comment about sex took me by surprise too.

****SPOILER****(Wings)

Heather- I laughed out loud about the blossom stuff. I too pictured some random dude running around being a perv. I also can't wait to see what Tamani is up to in the third book. He's pretty much my favorite character.

message 16: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I have had Spells forever! I need to read it.

message 17: by Heather (new)

I think I liked book 1 a little better.

message 18: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments I'm forgetting Tamani's friends name, the guy Tamani did guard duty (?) with? But, I loved his smack down of Laurel at the end of Spells. I liked both books well enough, for what they are...bland, inoffensive.

message 19: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments Oh, and about Wings. Why on earth did Laurel not tell her parents? When I was reading the first book I had such a problem with her. Before she bloomed and she thought she just had this huge funky bite/cancerous lump or something on her back. Why did she not go and talk to someone other than David? I understand her freak out after she bloomed and realized that most people do not have great big ol' flowers coming out of their backs. But when it was just a lump?

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Meade | 10 comments I thought it was a sweet book. Not really my style. But she was doing a signing in my area so I went to it and met her and bought it and had it signed. I enjoyed it!! I have the 2nd in the series and plan to buy the 3rd. I think its def. for a much more innocent type of reader than what i'm used to. but i still love it. and I think the movie will be splendid! :)

message 21: by Heather (new)

I jsut started Illusions, and I was very confused at first. I kind of forgot that this was apart of Wings, and not the Need series. I had to readjust and get my characters straight. =)

message 22: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments I read Illusions last night (we seem to be chasing the same books Heather, lol) and found this one to be very boring! It seemed it was all about the love triangle that very quickly expanded to something 5 to 6 sides. Very blah to me.

message 23: by Heather (new)

Ya, it was like a love stop sign there were so many sides. I still like the series for it being geared to young YA, but the book flopped.

message 24: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I think these are more just library reads. I got the first book from the library a few years ago read it and it was pretty good and a fast read. Accidentally bought the second one tried to read it and feel asleep in the middle of the day. Then I checked the new one out from the library but I really dont have that much of an urge to read it. To me the Wings series is more teen romance and she through in some faeries because their H.O.T right now. I really dread spending my money on that hard cover of Spells though smh what was I thinking damn impulse buying lol.

message 25: by Heather (new)

It's def. a library series. They're planning on making it into a movie. It's got a tenative 2012 release date. There was talk of Miley doing it, but now it's looking like no one knows.

message 26: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments This is going to be a movie? Please say its going to be one of those straight to video affairs, or a D-Com like Avalon High was? Of all the teen books in the world why this one?

message 27: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments No, it's meant to be big screen.
Cyrus was meant to play Laurel, but she dropped it to play Janie in Wake as far as I know.
Didn't love this book. Laurel is so whiny, and doesn't appreciate David at all.
And Tamani makes me angry...so not continuing with it.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Is it bad to say this, but I think Miley is better suited for this one. She's good at whiny.

message 29: by Whitney (last edited Jun 07, 2011 06:45PM) (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments haha no thats not bad to say.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Stacia ~ so cold wrote: "Wings is going to be a movie.

Nothing else to contribute. Moving on..."

No way!! Totally seemed awesome till I realized how ugly it could get

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

WHAT?!?!?!?! Miley cryrus is playing janie!????!

message 32: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments Apparently.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

awww man there goes my love of janie.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww sorry.. Still, Eww.

message 35: by Heather (new)

Haha. I still say Miley should do Wings and not Wake.