I Gots Terrible Fever discussion

Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Colette (new)

Colette  (abuckeyegirlreads) | 37 comments Mod
Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got Terrible Fever!

message 2: by Bells (last edited Aug 09, 2010 12:36PM) (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Hello my name is Belinda and I have Terrible Fever.

I got Terrible fever when I reached book 2 of the series, Unholy Magic. I just couldn't get him out of my mind. I was so anxious to get City of Ghosts, that I considered sleeping outside of Borders so that I could be there when they opened. I have a Kindle, but I wanted the book copy. Now I can't stop thinking about him. Every time I see a muscle car I think of Terrible. There are TONS of them where I live. I found a song that reminds me of Chess and Terrible as well. It's by The Cars (lol) "Who's Gonna Drive You Home". So now every time that I hear it, I think of him again. I gots it bad.

message 3: by Anilú (new)

Anilú (anilumagloire) | 50 comments I blame all of y'all for getting me into this!

I'm Anilu, 38 SAHM. Book lover/crazed/addict/maniac.

I started Unholy Ghosts last week and I am more than halfway done with Unholy Magic. Craving City Of Ghosts in a bad way. And the ones to come, I crave like Chess wants her lines. I do!!

Looking forward to sharing our love for all things Terrible with y'all!

message 4: by Pamela / SpazP (new)

Pamela / SpazP | 6 comments *waves excitedly to everyone*
Hi Ladies (no dudes yet, but I bet that will change soon!)!
I got Terrible Fever when I won a signed copy of Unholy Ghosts from a contest. I consumed it in 24 hours then started counting the days for Unholy Magic and then City of Ghosts. I think that Terrible is one of the best Heros in any of the series I have read to date. <3

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hayden (melhay) | 4 comments Hello. My name is Melissa, and I have Terrible fever. (drop head low) I was hooked in book 1, Unholy Ghosts. There was something there. And the day he turned Chess away at the bar, just sealed the deal. Then book 2, Unholy Magic came along. I am sweating now, the fever is strong. I WANT yet I am afraid to read City of Ghosts. I will be reading very, very soon as I really can't stay away from Terrible for very long.

Again, I have Terrible fever and roasting here.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Hello Ladies!! My name is Ashley, and I have Terrible Fever. I would say I first began noticing the symptoms of my Terrible Fever after the first book. I just couldn't help it. Terrible was on my mind 24/7. Once I finished Unholy Magic, my Terrible fever escalated to a degree I didn't think was possible. It was almost at the point where being rushed to emergency would be the only way to lower the fever. City of Ghosts just put me on edge. My fever is now a full out addiction. There is no helping me, and frankly I'm okay with that!! I'm glad I share my Terrible Fever with all of you :)

message 7: by Jessica(Spinecracker) (last edited Aug 09, 2010 01:22PM) (new)

Jessica(Spinecracker) (thespinecracker) | 4 comments My name's Jessica *do i get the "hi jessica" response like at other addiction meetings?*
I've had it bad all summer long. I've had to re-read CoG b/c I can't let him go.
Anxiously waiting for "My other boyfriend is TERRIBLE" shirt to be produced, in hopes that it may squelch some of my symptoms
Glad to be seeking help....kinda

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
My name is Chelsea and I have Terrible Fever. Now, while I wrote the Symptoms of Terrible Fever listed above, I'll say my case has exacerbated since reading City of Ghosts.

I was intrigued by Terrible in Unholy Ghosts, yes, but as I scurried to buy Unholy Magic I was thinking I just wanted more of Chess' story. Oh, but with that second book, Terrible Fever was ignited and there was no turning back.

After City of Ghosts, my case of Terrible Fever has progressed to the point of delirium -- causing random sighs at the thought of Chessiebomb and whimpering when catching a glimpse of a tunnel or a dive bar.

All kidding aside, I love the Downside Ghosts series and am very excited to share the Terrible Fever with you all!

message 9: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "My name's Jessica *do i get the "hi jessica" response like at other addiction meetings?*
I've had it bad all summer long. I've had to re-read CoG b/c I can't let him go.
Anxiously waiting for "..."

Hi Jessica! lol

message 10: by Kay (last edited Aug 09, 2010 01:27PM) (new)

Kay (calikay) | 4 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Kay and I have Terrible Fever. I follow a few peeps on twitter who raved about this series & Terrible! I had to find out what this was all about. So, I read all three books within a few days! Best series I've read all year!

My Terrible Fever also started in Unholy Ghosts...the make out session in the club was HAWT! I felt his pain when he stopped it from going further. Then the roof top in Unholy Magic...oh, even more HAWT & painful! City of Ghosts just made my Terrible Fever into a full blown addiction!! I need more bathroom scenes with Terrible, dig?!?!

message 11: by Tori (new)

Tori (smexys_sidekick) | 21 comments Hi everybody! My name is Tori and I'm a Terrible addict. I was hooked from book one and my "fever" just got worse. In fact, Im actually thinking of renaming my blog..."You Dig?" lol I cannot WAIT for the 4th book in the series because I just know that even though Terrible and Chessiebomb are cool-trouble will be a comin".

message 12: by Colette (new)

Colette  (abuckeyegirlreads) | 37 comments Mod
My name is Colette and I have Terrible Fever something bad. I knew I was in trouble after Unholy Ghosts when I couldn't stop thinking about Terrible. It only got worse after Unholy Magic. I convinced my library to get all three books, then ditched them when they were too slow and bought the books. :)

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (supernaturalsnark) | 5 comments Hi Everyone!

I'm Jenny and as with the rest of you, I'm addicted to Terrible. It can't be helped. The way he talks, the way he says "Chessiebomb", the car he drives, his name, everything is addicting. I blame my Twitter friends for this addiction, so I'm glad to see most of them in the support group with me;)

Here's looking forward to a group that will make the incredibly long wait to book four a little easier:)

message 14: by Nellie (new)

Nellie | 5 comments Hey hey.
I'm Nellie and I devoured all three books within four days and wanted to cry when I finished the 3rd as I'd have to wait a year for Book 4. WOE! Terrible is the bad boy that is just bad and you know he doesn't care if he has to break a few legs. Just don't hurt Chess and you might live...maybe.

message 15: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 7 comments Hello. I'm Jill and I have Terrible fever.

After a friend (and newly signed author) raved about the first two books I decided to check the series out for myself. I started noticing that when reading the Lex sex scenes in Unholy Ghosts I was wishing it was Terrible. The symtoms got stronger and the roof top scene in Unholy Magic had me making noises aloud. "Once ain't enough for me, dig?"
City of Ghosts has turned it into a full blown raging adiction. I crave more Terrible.
Every time I see Chessiebomb *sigh*. I'm hoping that joining this group will make the wait for the fourth book a little easier.

message 16: by debra (new)

debra (talieson) | 7 comments hi I'm Deb and I have Terrible fever.

I have been addicted to Stacia's books since the Megan Chase series. From the first sighting of Terrible in the first Downside book, I knew I was a goner ;)

The end of COG had me smiling for days. Now I am lost, no new Downside, no new Terrible, this man and this world have captured me.

message 17: by Kindlelicious (new)

Kindlelicious | 5 comments Hi, I'm Christina (Kindlelicious) and I have Terrible fever! I saw Stacia Kane's tweet about this group and immediately knew who started it, so I scurried on over to join! So excited to have a place to discuss that tunnel scene!!

message 18: by Shannon (last edited Aug 10, 2010 02:23PM) (new)

Shannon (craftycatreads) | 4 comments Hi! I'm Shannon and I have Terrible Fever.

Started after the Terrible & Chess made out in the bar in Unholy Ghosts. Got worse during Unholy Magic, I think I actually yelled out loud when he caught her and Lex in the graveyard. And I read City of Ghosts in record time. I melted into a puddle on the floor when he called her Chessiebomb at the end! :)

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 8 comments Hey :) I'm Stacy ~ and I definitely have Terrible fever. But I don't want to be cured. I want to wallow with Terrible for as long as I possibly can.

LOVE this group, and the awesome ladies who came up with the idea. I'm only 1/2 way through Unholy Magic, so I will try to avoid spoilers, but consider me officially addicted ;)

message 20: by Mollie (new)

Mollie (osumols) | 6 comments Hi, I'm Mollie and I've got The Fever and I sure don't mind burning ;)

I read the entire series back to back which I don't normall do but I had to get the next Terrible fix. I've been pimping the series out to my family and friends. Luckily, most of them have the same reading tastes so I'm hoping to infect others with Terrible Fever.

Keep spreading the Fever ladies! ;)

By the way, I just reviewed the series on my blog and used one of the Terrible Fever images from the group. Is there someone I should credit? I link back to our lovely little support group but I dodn't want to use the image if it's not kosher.

message 21: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
Hey Mollie -- I created those images. Originally I was just using them on my blog (Vampire Book Club), but then gave them over to Stacia to share with all the other Downside fans. So, you're most welcome to use them. You don't have to link back to my blog, but it's always appreciated. :D

message 22: by Mollie (new)

Mollie (osumols) | 6 comments Chelsea, will do!

message 23: by debra (new)

debra (talieson) | 7 comments ah Lily, I feel ya, dig? Barrons is another big weakness of mine. We are really not well huh.

I still have random Terrible quotes pop into my head every day, Chessiebomb makes me melt and him telling the guy to louden up (calling Chess a junkie, UG) makes me giggle.

message 24: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (omgitswendy) | 1 comments My name is Wendy and I'm addicted to Terrible. Forget Chessie, he's mine! Ahem..

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 8 comments My name is Michelle, and I just want to reread these books over and over. I am having a hard time starting any other books - none of them have Terrible!

message 26: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharon-obsessionwithbooks) | 2 comments My name is Sharon; another Terrible fan ;)

I read the Megan Chase series first which I loved & then saw the Downside series mentioned on another authors blog! I couldn't put it down - an amazing set of books.

Michelle, have you read the Fever series? I have read sooo much lately I have heaps to recommend :)

message 27: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolanne244) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Carol and I have a really bad case of Terrible fever! I started Unholy Ghosts last week and I am over half way through City of Ghosts. For sure my favorite reads for 2010. Not sure I'm going to be able to stand the wait for the next book. My heart aches for Terrible!

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana | 20 comments I think my Terrible fever started when Chess caught Terrible making out with Amy, and (my books are on loan to a friend, so I can't get the exact reference right now), Chess's thought was that it would be nice to have someone *that focussed* on her, because he was being very tender, affectionate and intense with Amy.

I wish she'd hurry up and read them so I could get them back. :P But they're probably going to end up bouncing around our friends (which is fine).

message 29: by Cindy (last edited Aug 18, 2010 12:09PM) (new)

Cindy (oldbookwormcb) | 5 comments I've got the Terrible Fever as well! Been in withdraws since 8/28/10 the day after I finished CoG! But I wanted to say that you guys need to come to this new website called Pocket After Dark! They are looking for new members and I need help spreading the Terrible Fever! http://pocketafterdark.com/service/di... I LOOK forward to seeing you guys there!
Whoopwhoop!

message 30: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (oldbookwormcb) | 5 comments I've got the Terrible Fever as well! Been in withdraws since 8/28/10 the day after I finished CoG! But I wanted to say that you guys need to come to this new website called Pocket After Dark! They are looking for new members and I need help spreading the Terrible Fever! http://pocketafterdark.com/service/di... I LOOK forward to seeing you guys there!
Whoopwhoop!

message 31: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (oldbookwormcb) | 5 comments Okay about me...I read, like all the time...well when I am not working or sleeping. Do I sound like an addict? Guilty as Charged! I started reading Stacia's first series "Personal Demons", "Demon Inside", and "Demon Possessed". Have had Stacia Kane Fever every since! My Stacia fever turned to Terrible Fever real quick, and I am in withdraws even as I type!

message 32: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11 comments My name is Jamie and I have Terrible fever in a bad way. I've read Unholy Magic and Unholy Ghosts and am 100 pages into CoG.

Terrible had me when he turned Chess away at the bar in Book 1. I've been smitten ever since :) Book 2 only served to worsen my Terrible fever. I don't know if I'll make it to Fall 2011 for book 4.

message 33: by Cara (new)

Cara (CaraWallace) | 6 comments Oh, sorry, I missed this initially and started commenting elsewhere ... I'm Cara and I've read the first 3 books and can't wait for more. Love the Terrible/Chess story!

message 34: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments My name is Marie and I have Terrible fever, Bad.

I stumbled on these books not sure if id even like them. I'm not much of a readed but the summer was begining to drag. I read the KMM "Fever series" and seen she had mentioned this. Ithought it might be a good way to get over Barrons, little did i know that there was Terrible.

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (iheartreading) | 5 comments I'm Jenn and if you follow me on twitter I'm @iheartreading. I'm a book junkie and very few books have made me feel such an obsession. I definitely gots the Terrible fever, dig? Waiting until Fall of 2011 is going to kill me. I was spoiled and got to read all three books one after the other. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stop thinking about this!

message 36: by Maryse (last edited Sep 03, 2010 06:32PM) (new)

Maryse (itsmaryse) | 6 comments Hi I'm Maryse, and I too, am terribly afflicted with Terrible fever. Lily introduced me to 'em and now I am addicted. LOVED them, and, like Jenn, I was also spoiled and got to read all three at once.

I have NO idea how you guys managed to wait so long, after book two...Strong girls, you are.

message 37: by Dren (new)

Dren (drensb-spot) | 4 comments I've got Terrible fever and it's Belinda's fault!! LOL I've just started Unholy Magic and I hope Terrible and Chess really get things going. BUT DON'T TELL ME! I plan to be done by Friday so I'll know LOL. Who would have thunk a hunk would be drug enforcer??

Oh also - Terrible has a theme song - Ruff Neck by MC Lyte! Gotta WHo? Gotta have a what????

message 38: by Grace (new)

Grace (liliannemarie2012) | 8 comments Hello, I'm Grace. Nicole Peeler of the Jane True series Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) had a post from her blog that featured all of the Downside books. I bought the first one. Before I finished the book I went to B&N and bought the next two. I loved it. From the slang to the characters, I just thought it was great. And the fact that a drug enforcer becoming an endearing character doesn't hurt either. My favorite Chess and Terrible moment was when she is drawing the sigils or symbols on his face, he makes a nasty comment, and she smacks him. I gasped and my boyfriend said, "Are you okay?" I said "Yeah, what a jerk. I can't believe he said that." He was confused. LOL. So yeah I'm a fan.

message 39: by Dren (new)

Dren (drensb-spot) | 4 comments Man... I haven't gotten to that part yet!! LOL Need to read more tonight!

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11 comments I gasped when I read that, as well. I was shocked, but at the same time in deep admiration of Stacia Kane who had the stones to write that dialogue. Excellent stuff!

message 41: by Dren (new)

Dren (drensb-spot) | 4 comments Ok so it's in Unholy Magic or City of Ghosts?

message 42: by Lesley (new)

Lesley Hi I'm Lesley and I also have terrible fever.

My terrible fever came on very quickly as I read all 3 books only 2 weeks ago!

Despite having a huge pile of "to read" books I find myself drifting back to re read certain Terrible/Chess scenes (I think you all know which one's I mean). Nothing else can compare right now!!!!

message 43: by Kujo317 (new)

Kujo317 | 17 comments I just realized i hadn't intro'd myself.

I'm Karen (@kujo317) I have a ragin' case of TERRIBLE FEVER, caught it from Shiloh Walker (@ShilohWalker). I enjoy spreading it. I'm proud to say I've infected several others. Remember the hash tags when on twitter please - #IgotsTERRIBLEferver and if you find someone/thing that reminds you of the characters use #IseeTERRIBLEpeople. If it's this great we should share. So spead the word, TRUTH ARE FACTS.

I basically want to say what you guys have already said, they're awesome books by an amazing writer. But I'm gonna get on my soapbox now anyway.

I love the DOWNSIDE series that Stacia Kane(@StaciaKane) has created. I truly feel that Ms.Kane has managed to change the face of Urban Fantasy in a way that will soon affect other genres. Her characters are far from perfect, doing what they do to survive in their world. The DOWNSIDE series is an experience in & of it's self. And if you follow Ms.Kane on twitter, @StaciaKane, you'll know she just f'n rocks! *and I want her custom DOWNSIDE Chucks*

message 44: by Audra (new)

Audra | 4 comments Hi there
My name is Audra and I picked up the Downside series to help me with my Fever series withdrawls and now i have Downside withdrawls (which are worse because I have so much longer to wait for more!)

I have always believed that looks and sexy are completely different animals. Sexy is sexy and that's what Terrible is. I melt for that type of guy who is so tough on the outside but wears his heart on his sleeve.

I totally get what Lesley said--I keep trying to pick up another book to get into and I find myself going back to the Downside books again. And again.

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma Butler (emmabutler) | 3 comments My name's Emma & I'm a Terrible person (lol. I enjoyed that)

I found Stacia Kane by accident. I picked up Unholy Ghosts because the cover in Australia looks quite similiar to the first few Sookie Stackhouse novels. The tagline intrigued me so I got it and started reading. And promptly fell in love.

I love the whole swathe of mafia/gangster that is Terrible. This big, tough scary guy that people just clear space for but who would do anything on earth, even move the earth for Chess. Isnt it what we're all after?

I'm a writer, working on my 2nd book, the sequel to my first and when I read Unholy Ghosts and met Terrible I felt like it was okay to write like I had been doing. Stacia Kane writes these beautiful, amazing characters like Chess and Terrible, who aren't perfect, who dont do everything right & who can make horrible choices. But we love them and we're emotionally invested in them. So she really inspired me :)

And I hope to make lots of equally obsessed friends on here. Mostly so I can endlessly go on about Terrible!

message 46: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (Stacies74) | 1 comments Hi im Stacie and I have Terrible fever!
My friend Karen(who told me about this group) told me i should read the Downside series that i would love it. I was reluctant because i love so many other series that i didnt want to take time away from them. But I am so happy I did. This has become my favorite series. Not only do i LOVE Terrible but i love and relate to Chess. Ha I even beat Karen to ordering my Terrible sweatshirt from the Downside Market! Im obsessed and need more. I will have gone through withdrawals before the next book comes out. I have re-read the last chapter of City Of Ghosts everyday since i finished the book. Uh Oh anyone got any Cepts? I think i just got my first sign of the shakes......

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma Butler (emmabutler) | 3 comments lol I think Cepts should be made available for all.

I love how Chess is a heroine that we can actually relate to, rather than all these perfect pretty princesses. Welcome to the group! Im new too :)

message 48: by MARQUETTA (new)

MARQUETTA (readingromanceincolor) | 5 comments My name is Marq and I gots the fever. I just finished reading City of Ghosts (like literally 3 minutes ago) and I am absolutely in love with Terrible! Who know an enforcer could be so damn sensitive and lovable!

message 49: by Danni (new)

Danni | 2 comments Hi everyone, My name is Danni and im from South Australia. and Im only a third of the way through Unholy Ghosts but i already got my self a Terrible Fever. I can only imagine how much worse this is gonna get by the time i finish all 3 books :o)

message 50: by Yod (new)

Yod | 10 comments what do we do now? i am done with the 3rd book, City of Ghosts, is there another coming out. i am really happy chess and terrible got it together. now if only they can keep it going. it was encouraging at the end of the 3rd. has anyone heard about plan for a fourth?

« previous 1 3