Reading with Tequila Book Club discussion

Archives > Idea: Monthly Twitter with Cocktails Night?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) So I was thinking - What if we scheduled a night, once a month, to discuss the book on Twitter while indulging in some cocktails? It could be a fun way to get some real-time interaction like an in-person book club for those who'd be interested.

I'm thinking - the last Saturday night of each month (so most would have managed to read the book) starting at 9pm EST and lasting however long people stick around. I realize this won't accommodate those on the other side of the globe well and if anyone would like to volunteer to man twitter for a scheduled night for those in a vastly different time zone, please let me know.

Does this sound like something that would work?

TheGeekyBlogger That would work for me :)

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela B I haven't used much twitter but it sounds like it could be fun :)

message 4: by Joey (new)

Joey | 1 comments This sounds like a good idea eventhough I have never really used twitter by myself.

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 09, 2010 01:43PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ditto with never having used twitter, but this sounds like a fun idea.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen (teamsheltie) | 9 comments I love the idea!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I love it too! I've got a twitter account so no problem for me. We should probably think of a hash tag to use so we can see everyone's post even if we aren't following them.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) Amanda wrote: "We should probably think of a hash tag to use so we can see everyone's post even if we aren't following them."

How about #TequilaBC or if that's too long, #RwTBC?

I'm going to go through the introduce yourself post and add everyone's twitter names onto a twitter list, so everyone can follow each other easily if they chose to.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda That's a smart idea too. I like the first one the best but it doesn't matter to me. As long as we decide on one =]

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela B Now I'm going to have to log on and figure out how this twitter stuff works huh?

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) Angela wrote: "Now I'm going to have to log on and figure out how this twitter stuff works huh?"

LOL. If you'd like to join us, I suppose so. I use twitter a lot, so I tend to forget that many people don't use it at all.

After each Twitter night, I plan on posting the transcripts of the conversation here in the book club for those who couldn't join us. If anyone wants to participate but just can't face using Twitter, they could respond to the transcripts.

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara SG (tarasg) | 3 comments I usually work Saturday nights, but could see if I could get out a little early that night.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I am cool with that.

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily WilowRaven (wilowraven) | 4 comments That sounds like a ton of fun :) If you guys haven't heard of it already - TweetChat is a really cool feature of Twitter. You use your Titter log in / name and it's an easy way to follow a hashtag chat in real time. www.tweetchat.com I like it because even if you're not following everyone who is chatting you will see their tweets. It's easy to reply and the hashtag you are following will automatically appear in your tweet.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 21 comments I'm in, as long as I'm around on Saturday night...which usually isn't a problem!

message 16: by Grace (new)

Grace (bookslikebreathing) | 3 comments Sounds good. I'm usually free and if I'm not I can fix the schedule.

message 17: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitortot) | 18 comments Um, this sounds really fun!

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Potts (lisampotts) | 8 comments That sounds like fun. Count me in.

message 19: by Misha (new)

Misha (mishamathew) This sounds like fun. But the timing might be a problem. I am not from the US

message 20: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) I like this idea, did it ever happen?? More info please!

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) It hasn't happened yet, but we will be starting this month. I'll post all the details in a few days.

message 22: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 16 comments I like the idea but I'm at GMT+10 so it probably wouldn't work for me.