The Fallen Series Official Fan Club discussion

Movie > Possibilites of a Movie

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel There is possibilities of a movie! What do you think about that?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I found this in an interview with Lauren Kate:

Will there be a movie?

It looks like there is a real possibility! The film rights for all four books were optioned by Disney/Mayhem Productions last week. I got to have lunch with the Disney people and they seem really excited about getting the movie going. More to come! I will keep you posted on my blog. (Also, there is no connection to the other movie called Fallen, which came out in 2008.)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Disney would be okay with it. I wonder if they'll keep the creepyness that it had in the book though.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I found this:

Disney has optioned rights to "Fallen," a young-adult novel by Lauren Kate that features angels. Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray will produce the film adaptation through their Mayhem Prods. banner.

The book, released this week by Delacorte Books for Young Readers, is part of a four-tome series, all of which were included in the deal. The contemporary story centers on an alienated girl torn between two charismatic young men, unaware that they are fallen angels who have battled over her for centuries.

The book series was packaged by rightsholders Nadia Cornier, Ted Malawer and Michael Stearns.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Holy crap I wonder who will play the characters!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! =]

Erica (storybookend) Ooh, a movie! That would be so cool!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Wouldn't it i just don't know who would play all the characters!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 4 comments hopefully it wont turn out like the twilight crap!!

message 10: by Monique (new)

Monique Gonzalez (monikirose) I love Disney, I'm a big fan. But I'm also a big fan of Fallen, so hopefully the movie will make me happy. But then again, I usually make sure not to judge movies that are based on books too harshly, so I'm excited about this!

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 4 comments yup!!!!

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Stephanie wrote: "hopefully it wont turn out like the twilight crap!!"

If that happens I think I will die.... then cry.... that would be beyond horrible!

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 4 comments i know.... i would die a little each time someone says it 3

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel ekk that would be horrible what if cam was like.... Robert Paterison

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 4 comments .......... oh hell yeah!!!!!! <3

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I think they should cast unknown actors....

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine (christine01) I am still in the early part of reading the first book "Fallen", but I think it would be so amazing for a movie to be made. I am very excited about this... =)

message 18: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 320 comments Mod
Rachel wrote: "ekk that would be horrible what if cam was like.... Robert Paterison"

plz don't say that your killing my vision of Cam

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel wrote: "I think they should cast unknown actors...."

i definetly agree ...somthing new would be nice

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue (aleysue) | 13 comments If they are going to pick someone to play Daniel Grigori I believe it should be Alex Pettyfer!!!

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim Smiley (klaws32) I'd LOVE to see this made into a movie. The book was so well written. I just can't pinpoint who I'd cast in this movie, especially Luce. As much as I hate to say it, I'mthinking of Jessica Lowndes from the new 90210. I can see her visually as Luce, but I don't know if she could pull off the character.

message 22: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 320 comments Mod
Sue wrote: "If they are going to pick someone to play Daniel Grigori I believe it should be Alex Pettyfer!!!"
I LOVE ALEX HES MY SCREEN SAVER ON MY LAPTOP

message 23: by Sue (new)

Sue (aleysue) | 13 comments Maddie wrote: "Sue wrote: "If they are going to pick someone to play Daniel Grigori I believe it should be Alex Pettyfer!!!"
I LOVE ALEX HES MY SCREEN SAVER ON MY LAPTOP"

He's my favorite actor!! He's very handsome and plays good roles in movies!! I really hope he can be Daniel. There's nothing wrong with dreaming a little, ha ha ha

message 24: by Kay (new)

Kay (justatwentysomething) As long as there is no super-famous-hollywood actors/actresses and they do a decent job in embodying the characters I won't be upset.
Also Disney has got to have 'said creepyness' in the movie. That's what distinguishes from turning into another immortal-vampire/feeble-human romance. (AKA TWILIGHT).

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather (goodreadscomheather-jane) | 1 comments They have cast Roland Sparks!!!!!!!!!!!! check here:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564777/

!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Rose So if you go to IMDB.com and type in Fallen and choose Fallen(2012) you will see they're definitely having a movie and they have cast 3 characters already:

Roland - Khleo Thomas (he was in Holes)
Cam - Brant Daugherty (Noel in Pretty Little Liars)
Daniel - Nazim Baharin (who I can't find any info on)

Not sure how I feel on any of this. I love this series and turning it into a movie series just doesn't sit well with me right now. They always leave things out that are important and just never get the casting right. Plus more importantly they never seem to get the emotional depth of how the writer created the characters and the world around them.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Stephanie wrote: "hopefully it wont turn out like the twilight crap!!"

whats wrong with twilight? I thought they were good. I mean they could have casted better people, but i like the story. I really hope they cast good people for the main roles, and nobody i know really really well!

message 28: by Maria (new)

Maria  (mars_bars97) Rachel wrote: "ekk that would be horrible what if cam was like.... Robert Paterison"

i dont really like cam but rob would defenitely ruin the whole thing!!!!