Chick Lit discussion

The Beach House

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Has anyone read the latest from Jane Green yet? I just picked it up from the library yesterday and began it last night... Wanted to see what everyone thought of it...

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane | 20 comments I have a request for the next copy at the library...I just finished her "Second Chance" and it was pretty good.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca2) | 16 comments :-)

I just picked it up for vacation from the bookstore. It's the first Jane Green I've read in a long while. I think Bookends was the last one of hers that I read. I should be reading The Beach House this week.

Ashley (bookworm84) (bookworm84) I just finished this one. It was good but it's not my favourite book that Green has written.

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca2) | 16 comments I read this one, and it was hard for me because one of the subplots in the book is happening to my cousin right now. (We are very close--we were raised more like siblings.)

Then...

about 3/4 of the way through the book, Green veers off into this totally crazy subplot to tie up some loose ends (or, really, to just make a happier ending). I was enjoying the book so much until that point. I remember groaning and telling my husband that I knew what was about to happen. Sure enough, it did. It caused me to knock off one star from the book's rating, and I have seriously considered going back and knocking off another one the more I think about it.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (pinkprincessmommy) | 2 comments I am looking forward to this one; I will prepare myself for all the concerns expressed. Hopefully it won't totally ruin it for me.

message 7: by Marielle (new)

Marielle | 2 comments I just purchased Second Chance and want to read that first. So The Beach House will have to wait a little. Looking forward to it though. Ashley, did you like the book?

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Marielle,
I did enjoy the book. Jane Green writes awesome books. I liked the characters and how she weaved the story.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela Avery | 7 comments I just finished this book for a book club a few weeks ago. I had never read anything by Jane Green before, and now I find myself wanting to get all of her books. I really enjoyed The Beach House. It was a fun, light, beachy read for summer time. I found myself wanting to continue reading it even after hours of sitting in one place reading. When I finished the book, I found myself wondering what would be next for the characters. I love when books leave me like that! The only problem I had with this book was that there are SO many characters. I could not keep them straight!