Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Haven

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I ended up watching Haven last night b/c my mom turned it there during dinner. It was very good. I hope to catch up on it watch the earlier episodes. I'm a sucker for a good supernatural series.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Yes we watched an episode last night.
I like it

message 3: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Yes, I have been watching it every Friday night after Eureka. I really like it.

message 4: by new_user (last edited Aug 07, 2010 10:12AM) (new)

new_user I love a good supernatural series too! I'm watching The Gates right now. I was planning on checking out this show at some point.

message 5: by Trenice (new)

Trenice The Gates is on Sunday @ 10 pm here. My lineup is Leverage, The Gates, and then, The Glades on A&E, which puts me in bed @ midnight...lol

message 6: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, how are The Glades? I was curious about that one.

message 7: by Trenice (new)

Trenice The Glades are great! The only problem for some would be that it comes on the same time as "THe Gates". I rememdied that situation by watching the re-run episode of The Glades (encore shows one hour late) You know the commercial when it says move over CSI:Miami - CSI:Miami really should...lol

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6611 comments Mod
Off Topic: I miss my baby Speed from CSI Miami.

Sorry for the interruption. You ladies go back to talking about Haven, etc.

message 9: by new_user (new)

new_user Same time? Nooo! Nothing can oust my Gates! LOL.

message 10: by Trenice (new)

Trenice new_user wrote: "Same time? Nooo! Nothing can oust my Gates! LOL."

No, you can see it at 11 pm - the last show b4 you go to sleep.

message 11: by Trenice (last edited Aug 07, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Trenice Leverage @ 9 pm, The Gates @ 10 pm, and The Glades @ 11 pm - perfect Sunday night :D

message 12: by Trenice (last edited Aug 07, 2010 10:42AM) (new)

Trenice Haven puts me in the mind of Supernatural, another I show I like, with the dark themes. Is that strange? An odd combination, romance and paranormal...lol

message 13: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I like this show. I find it interesting that this type of paranormal is always a double edge sword. I am really interested in finding out what is Nathan's ability.

message 14: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Jo wrote: "I like this show. I find it interesting that this type of paranormal is always a double edge sword. I am really interested in finding out what is Nathan's ability."

I know! They just say "the change" all ominious and stuff...lol What the heck is it already...lol

message 15: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) They are keeping it vague, the change, the troubles etc. I wonder if Nathan goes through the change will he feel something.

message 16: by Trenice (new)

Trenice What? Like fallin in love with his partner?

message 17: by new_user (new)

new_user Argh, I want to see this, LOL.

message 18: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Friday nights @ 10 on Syfy. Check it out :)

message 19: by new_user (new)

new_user Thanks, Trenice. :)

message 20: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Me don't like

message 21: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Justine wrote: "Me don't like"

Ahhh, thats too bad. What didn't you like about it?

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments new_user wrote: "I love a good supernatural series too! I'm watching The Gates right now. I was planning on checking out this show at some point."

The Gates, Haven, Warehouse 13, Eureka...Kevin and I enjoy these shows

message 23: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, you're watching it too, Sharon! How are you liking the twists on The Gates. I really like the thing Dylan and Nick have going.

message 24: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) new_user wrote: "Oh, you're watching it too, Sharon! How are you liking the twists on The Gates. I really like the thing Dylan and Nick have going."

Dang I have to catch up on the Gates. Sometimes it got too melodramatic for me. I think the vampires are whiners. LOL

message 25: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments new_user wrote: "Oh, you're watching it too, Sharon! How are you liking the twists on The Gates. I really like the thing Dylan and Nick have going."

Hey N_U!!

I am liking The Gates...makes me wish I was a part of it lol
now Haven can be a tad confusing..

message 26: by Trenice (new)

Trenice NU - I hear a calling for a "THE GATES" chatroom. What do you think?

message 27: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Trenice wrote: "NU - I hear a calling for a "THE GATES" chatroom. What do you think?"

ohh oohh
I want to go to the Gates room!

message 28: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments eeek it's almost 1:30 I am soon heading to bed lol

message 29: by new_user (new)

new_user Splendid idea, Trenice. Tada!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 30: by new_user (last edited Aug 07, 2010 10:50PM) (new)

new_user Jo wrote: "new_user wrote: "Oh, you're watching it too, Sharon! How are you liking the twists on The Gates. I really like the thing Dylan and Nick have going."

Dang I have to catch up on the Gates. Sometime..."

LOL. It's seems actually understated to me compared to a lot of really melodramatic shows I've come across lately, especially anything to do with "unusual." *coughTrueBloodcough* The vampires are a little whiny, but they make good drama. I like Dylan, he's more levelheaded.

message 31: by Trenice (new)

Trenice new_user wrote: "Jo wrote: "new_user wrote: "Oh, you're watching it too, Sharon! How are you liking the twists on The Gates. I really like the thing Dylan and Nick have going."

Dang I have to catch up on the Gates..."

LOL - no plugging, NU!

message 32: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
I keep wishing they cast Kandyse McClure as the lead in Haven. I know it's wishful thinking but homegirl has some credits on BSG and she can rock the acting when she needs. I would love to see her in another paranormal/sci-fi series as the lead.

message 33: by new_user (new)

new_user I think she might be one of the leads in an upcoming fantasy film, Rae. It's called The Last Jinn.

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I wish the casting was more multi-cultural across the board. I don't like the main cast for Warehouse 13 too much, so that's why I haven't watch it more.

message 35: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

new_user wrote: "I think she might be one of the leads in an upcoming fantasy film, Rae. It's called The Last Jinn."

Srsly?! WOO Hoo! I'll have to look into that. I'm such a huge Kandyse fan and would love to see her back in SFF. :-D

message 36: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I wish the casting was more multi-cultural across the board. I don't like the main cast for Warehouse 13 too much, so that's why I haven't watch it more."

I agree, Danielle. A few recent shows of late have turned me off because of that. I heard there were some BW in the supporting cast of W13 but I haven't watched the show as of yet. I may check it out because some of my colleagues have been reccing it to me.

message 37: by Tina (new)

Tina | 19 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I wish the casting was more multi-cultural across the board. I don't like the main cast for Warehouse 13 too much, so that's why I haven't watch it more."

Can I get an amen! Lol. But seriusly, this is one of the reasons why I am really enjoying True Blood -- well that and Alan Ball is just going there!

In the books, Tara was white and Lafayette was killed in the very first book. But he made Tara black in the series, kept Laf alive, have given them family and made them an integral part of the series. Tara's mother is a great construct and Alfre Woodard has just shown up as Lafayette's mother. And really, Lafayette is a break out character in the series, he is completely different from in the books. Even people who read the books were getting upset that he'd actually be killed in the series.

Honestly I couldn't make it past the first book, but I am riveted by the series. I save them up and watch them in batches.

Now if he'll just put Tara and Sam back together, I'll be a verrry happy girl.

message 38: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I agree with that Tara and Sam were a good couple if they could have gotten over they hang ups.

As for the casting, it is a hollywood thing. Black women are hardly ever used and usually just support.
In Warehouse 13, Artie's boss is a black woman and the manager of the place where they live is a black woman too.

message 39: by Trenice (new)

Trenice I'm sorry, but who is Kandyse McClure?

message 40: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Iwas thinking the same thing. I planned to Google her Later.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Aug 10, 2010 10:41AM) (new)

I wish more of the shows had main characters of different races, instead of just in supporting roles. That's one of the reasons I love Leverage. Alec Hardison is the smartest guy on the show. He's an integral part of the team. They could have cast a white actor, but they didn't, and I'm glad.

I agree with you about True Blood, Tina. Tara (although annoying) and Lafayette are two of the most interesting characters on the show, although I love both Bill and Eric, and Alcide.

message 42: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I wish more of the shows had main characters of different races, instead of just in supporting roles. That's one of the reasons I love Leverage. Alec Hardison is the smartest guy on the show. He..."

Ditto :)

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Kandyse McClure is a black Canadian actress.

Here is a link to her imdb page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565973/

message 44: by Trenice (last edited Aug 10, 2010 10:43AM) (new)

Trenice OMG! she's the tat, prison, woman in "Person Unknown on NBC - Saturday @ 8pm. I had no idea...hahaha

message 45: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Kandyse is also the chica in my profile pic. :-)

message 46: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I wish more of the shows had main characters of different races, instead of just in supporting roles. That's one of the reasons I love Leverage. Alec Hardison is the smartest guy on the show. He..."

Same here, Danielle. IMO, Leverage is the best thing on tv at the moment for me. I love the casting there and Aldiss Hodge plays one of my fave characters. :-)

I'm not happy with how rough they got with Tara this season in TB and how they made her 'masculine' when handling Bill but I thought it was interesting how they changed the races of the characters from the books to show.

Plus, you're not missing much in the books, Danielle! The show was better in that aspect.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I read the first one, and I wasn't that impressed. Sorry to any fans.

message 48: by Trenice (new)

Trenice I really like this show, but I don't like that relationship he is getting into. I also like the fact the they are teaming up with the morgue lady to sort through all of the mysterious cases. :D

message 49: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Are you talking about Nathan? I don't like that Canadian either. I say nothing says love like drawing your gun on each other.

message 50: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Kandyse McClure is a black Canadian actress.

Here is a link to her imdb page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565973/"

I know her, she was on Jeremiah and Battlestar Galatica.

« previous 1