Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Interracial Categories > White Woman/Asian Man

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss books/movies/tv that feature the combination of a White woman and an Asian man. Please post link to the book or cover to the book you are discussing.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead has a love interest who is half-Japanese and half-Latino. He's super-duper sexy!

Some others:

Words of the Pitcher (Red Slipper Romance) by Kei Swanson Season of Sanematsu by Kei Swanson The Seabird of Sanematsu by Kei Swanson

message 3: by Pygmy (last edited Oct 26, 2010 12:39PM) (new)

Pygmy The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
I can't recommend this book enough. Beautiful prose, beautiful story, and AMAZING descriptions of food. Keep a napkin handy because you might drool on the pages. :P

Also:
Lost in Translation
Love in Translation: A Novel
If You Follow Me

message 4: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Lifetime will air a movie called "Marry Me" on Dec. 12th. It's a romantic comedy starring Lucy Liu. Looks interesting.

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/marr...

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm looking forward to Marry Me. Enrique Murciano is playing one of her love interests, hopefully the one she ends up with. He is so cute!

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6611 comments Mod
Is Marry Me a triangle story?

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm not sure, but there are a few different guys on the commercial. I hope that it turns out it's mainly Enrique.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Oh it's more than one guy. I don't care for triangle stories.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Dutch. Welcome. I'm a big romance fan, so I'm not sure I could make any recommendations for you that aren't romance novels. I think you might like The Russian Concubine, although I haven't read it.

message 10: by Pygmy (last edited Mar 02, 2011 01:10PM) (new)

Pygmy Hi Dutch, I too have some issues with outright romances! Some books I've read that you might like are:

Life-in-Asia type books
If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous Love in Translation A Novel by Wendy Tokunaga

YA book North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

Action-thriller Rain Fall (John Rain, #1) by Barry Eisler
I found this first book pretty okay, but all the rest of the books in the series built up even more wonderfully. The white female love interest doesn't show up until a couple books into the series.

message 11: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Hi Dutch,

I write romance novels. I'm not offended by what you said, but I have to tell you, you're missing out if you think romance novels are "cookie-cutter." There are so many different genres and I've learned about history and other cultures from reading them. Entertainment and education--the best of both worlds.

Since you're looking for fiction with romantic elements, you might like
A Ship Made of Paper: A Novel. I felt drained after I read it. It's not a WW/AM story, but you might like it nonetheless.

Here's my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Delaney Diamond

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

As a writer and reader of romance stories, I don't find them to be cookier cutters. Everyone has different reading taste and I respect that. I hope you find what you are looking for Dutch.

message 13: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 10 comments It might be old but here's some atypical Asian male and white female novels that I know of:

Till Morning Comes by Suyin Han

The Foreign Student A Novel by Susan Choi

The Lover by Marguerite Duras (haven't read it yet)

The North China Lover by Marguerite Duras

Hiroshima Mon Amour by Marguerite Duras (haven't read it yet)

Hope that helps :)

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Thanks, Aurora!

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I found Sophie and the Rising Sun free on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Sophie-Rising-S...

Set during WW2.

Courtney Alyssa aka, Redwithabook  | 3 comments I know some of Jade Lee's books have this pairing in her Tigress series, I can't remember which ones in the series though.

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments Never Love a Bad Boy is about the Japanese gang lifestyle.

message 18: by Melody (new)

Melody (mel_expo) | 5 comments Hello! I'm new here. I see that Aurora has already metioned about about French author, Marguerite Duras.

The Lover by Marguerite Duras

I have read L'Amant (The Lover) many times before and will have to say I enjoyed it very much. The Lover is an mini-autobiograhy of her life, when she was younger while having an affair with an Chinese man, while living in Vietnam. The book got turnt into a movie back in 1992 staring the young Jane March and Tony Leung Ka-Fai.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome, Melody! I have seen the movie, and wow, Tony was gorgeous in it!

message 20: by Melody (new)

Melody (mel_expo) | 5 comments Thank You! Yes, he was girl. *fans*

message 21: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I'm starting The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall .

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm looking forward to reading that, Michelle.

message 23: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading that, Michelle."

I love books from this time period!

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Is that WWII, early 20th century? Me too!

message 25: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Is that WWII, early 20th century? Me too!"

I believe it's early 20th century. Either way, I'm sure I'm in for some romance, danger, and a history lesson while reading this one.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I can't wait to see what you think of it, Michelle.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Apr 13, 2013 07:59PM) (new)

Here is a link to the book on Goodreads.

The Thread of a Thousand Miles

message 28: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) Japanese man/White woman:
Mergers & Matrimony  by Allison Leigh

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I have that book, Asterope. :)

message 30: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy Recently finished a good YA interracial romance--> Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Oh great. Thanks, Pygmy!

message 32: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments This looks to be an White Woman/Asian Man romance

Red Shoes for Lab Blues

http://lyricalpress.com/2013/06/04/ne...

Just downloaded a sample, but haven't read it yet.

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Allan. I checked out your link to your blog, and it's okay, but please post a description for it and why you posted it with the name of the book you recommend and ideally a link on Goodreds. I almost deleted it because I thought it would be spam. Thank you!

message 34: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments Greta Van Der Rol
White Tiger

PNR
I think there is a excerpt up at her site. Haven't yet read, on my TBR.

message 35: by Alan (new)

Alan Yang | 6 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "Hi Allan. I checked out your link to your blog, and it's okay, but please post a description for it and why you posted it with the name of the book you recommend and ideally a link on Goodreds. I a..."

Not sure what the rules are for authors when it comes to posting descriptions or making comments. Perhaps that's why I didn't write anything. Sorry it's been a while since I last checked this thread and didn't respond earlier.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

No problem, Allan.

message 37: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 10 comments mrsbookmark

I checked the author and I didn't see White Tiger. Instead she has published a book titled Black Tiger?

message 38: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments Aurora wrote: "mrsbookmark

I checked the author and I didn't see White Tiger. Instead she has published a book titled Black Tiger?"

You're correct. My mistake.

Black Tiger by Greta van der Rol

message 39: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 01, 2015 02:49PM) (new)

Jennifer Hallock | 5 comments Under the Sugar Sun (Sugar Sun Series Book 1) by Jennifer Hallock Hello, folks. I'd like to add my new WW/AM book to this thread for your consideration. It is a historical romance about a Filipino male and white woman, set in the American colonial period in the Philippines (early 1900s). It is available now on Kindle Unlimited. Under the Sugar Sun

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Nov 07, 2015 06:33PM) (new)

I read The Jade Lioness, and I enjoyed it. 17th Century Japan. English heroine/Japanese heroine.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I was at Walmart and saw this on the shelf. Asian hero. I had to buy it.

Pregnant by the Rival CEO by Karen Booth

message 42: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) Thought I might add to this list. I recently read Pearl S. Buck's Letter from Peking. The love story is definitely there, but much of the couple's interaction are from the protagonist's memories.

Also, I'm currently reading Gai-Jin from James Clavell. Not a love story - the novel is an epic story of the birth of modern Japan. A Japanese man becomes obsessed with a white (French) woman. It's not the focus of the story, but it's part of it from a main character (her) and a secondary character (him).

Gai-Jin (Asian Saga, #6) by James Clavell
Letter from Peking by Pearl S. Buck

message 43: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout

Just recently finished this cute romance in one day! It seems Kpop is inspiring quite a few stories nowadays. :D The main girl starts off ethnocentric and rather frustrating, and the main dude is a rude turd in the beginning as well, but eventually the butting-of-heads turns sweet and they each reconcile try to face down some of the demons they have.

message 44: by Leena-Maaretta (new)

Leena-Maaretta Dixon | 4 comments Hey friends!
Wondering if there are any now romances with this pairing to check out?
So far I've only been able to find
"The Perfect Escape" by Suzanne Park
and the K-pop poly book "Onyx: Truth" by J. S. Lee

message 45: by Jmelfi (new)

Jmelfi | 75 comments Under the Sugar Sun by Jennifer Hallock
In Service of Love by Laurel Greer
His New York Bride by Andrea Bolter
Not That Kind of Guy by Andie J. Christopher

message 46: by Leena-Maaretta (new)

Leena-Maaretta Dixon | 4 comments Awesome! I'll check those out!

message 47: by Leena-Maaretta (new)

Leena-Maaretta Dixon | 4 comments Some new AMWF/WWAM books I've seen:

"Hold me" by Courtney Milan (Trans white woman/Filipino American man) (Courtney Milan writes lots of diverse romance, but think this is her only white woman/ Asian man romance)

"A fake girlfriend for Chinese New Year" by Jackie Lau (came across this in the challenge discussion)

"The Ex Talk" by Rachel Lynn Solomon (Jewish white woman and Korean American man)

message 48: by peachrings (new)

peachrings | 4 comments An older one, Highland Jade by Stephanie Bartlett. As far as I've been able to find, this is the only historical romance with a Korean hero/white heroine. Set in the 17th century, a young Scottish woman shipwrecks onto the shores of Korea. I liked it quite a bit!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 49: by kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude (last edited Apr 16, 2021 07:20AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 124 comments This is a hard one as there seems to be tons more AWWM and BWWM, but here are some that I've read

The Best Laid Plans by Lauren Gallagher this triad includes a WW/AM
Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn this series has a triad with a WW/AM
The Question by Zena Wynn this kind of has a WW/AM
The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang WW, biracial man (Swedish-American/Korean-American)
A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3) by Jackie Lau WW, biracial man (White-Canadian/Chinese-Canadian)
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren Grit (7th and Main, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter Revealing Annie (Police and Fire Operation Alpha) (On Call Book 5) by Freya Barker In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2) by Shelly Laurenston

message 50: by K. (new)

K. Pigeon (thekingsquill) | 1 comments The book I just wrote fits close! It is a fantasy/paranormal romance. I will post the summary here and you can check out the reviews to see if it is your taste:

The Language of the Flowers (The Language of the Flowers #1) by K. Pigeon White female (sorta!) and Chinese male.

After plunging into a lake, Lan wakes up in the body of a girl thousands of years in the future. Yet, she never forgot her promise to him.

Across space-time, “he” has the same appearance as “him”, but “he” is no longer human, and “he”… is no longer “him”.

They say love in this lifetime is a repaying of debt from the previous one.

When the rain falls and the meadows burgeon with blossoms blue as the sky, who still remembers the language of the flower, and who cannot let go?

« previous 1