Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Author Welcome

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
We wanted to take the time to make the authors of interracial romance feel welcome. Others have helped me to realize that we haven't made this a very warm environment for authors (to my shame), and that's a goal of mine to change. Please know, you are an essential part of the group.

I have mad respect for those of us interracial romance fans who have taken our love and made a career out of it. It is not easy. We are so thankful that you decided to participate in this group.

We have a promotions folder where you can feel free to talk about your books. Free publicity is great, and we're more than willing to offer you those opportunities. But, we also want to show respect for the readers. Please make use of the promotion and pertinent threads to advertise your work. If the discussion doesn't not relate to your story, we ask that you not post a blurb or advertisement for your book in that thread. Believe me, that is a turn off to a lot of prospective readers. And we want all the author-reader interactions to be positive here!

As for other opportunities, you are more than welcome to participate in any threads you want as a reader. If the thread relates to your book, feel free to bring it up. We will also be starting an Author Q&A series. Definitely sign up.

Again, I just wanted to let you guys know...you are more than welcome. If there are any ways we can help you, let us know.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6606 comments Mod
Hello to all the authors. Welcome. I am not an author, but I am a writer and I like to converse with other authors/writers too.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Williams | 128 comments I am an author. I have several books with RED ROSE Publishing. working on some new stuff and just submitted something, so cross your fingers.

Sometime this weekened I will post by books.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (Joycee) | 103 comments I'm a writer, not an author yet. I've completed an 80,000 words novel (IR woman's fiction.) A novelette, and I'm currently working on a second novel. I would love to hear from other on what they did next

message 5: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Sending lots of positive acceptance vibes your way, Stephanie!

Congrats on finishing your novel, Dee! Best wishes on your second novel. :-)

I'm an author dabbling in different genres. I love the speculative, SF, Fantasy as well suspense and a teensy bit of contemporary. Feel free to check out my author book shelf (here's my author prof) and my reader bookshelf has some of my favorite books, current reads and what books I plan on attacking soon lol.

message 6: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle Gregory (nichellegregory) | 6 comments Hey, guys!
I wanted to introduce myself to the group! I'm a published author of IR erotic romances. Find out more here: www.nichellegregory.com and http://www.simplysexystories.blogspot...

I love meeting readers and authors and I look forward to participating more in this group. (I've been a bit of a lurker) :)

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome to the group, Nichelle.

message 8: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Welcome, Nichelle! :D

message 9: by Chaeya (last edited Aug 23, 2010 12:47PM) (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments I'm a soon-to-be first time published author on September 22, 2010. You can find my book and read an excerpt from my website: http://www.electricgentlemen.com

I've never felt this place was hostile to other authors. Just my two cents.

message 10: by Trenice (new)

Trenice Welcome, Chaeya! :)

message 11: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle Gregory (nichellegregory) | 6 comments Thanks, Lady Danielle! :)

message 12: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle Gregory (nichellegregory) | 6 comments Hey, Trenice, thank you! :)

message 13: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments Thanks, Trenice.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Tara!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tara, and I think I introduced myself to many of you, but I am Nevea Lane and I am in several places. Most recently published by Beautiful Trouble Publishing for my Montana Men series... working on Book 3 now...

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Nevea!

message 17: by Arch , Mod (new)

Welcome Tara and Nevea.

message 18: by James (new)

James Lewis (jameswlewis) | 19 comments Hello all! My name is James W. Lewis and I am the author of SELLOUT, a novel about a black woman, black man, and white woman dealing with the consequences of interracial dating. As a new author feedback is especially important, I would love to hear from you guys about your thoughts on my book. I look forward to robust discussions and further interactions with you all! Sellout by James W. Lewis

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi James!

message 20: by James (new)

James Lewis (jameswlewis) | 19 comments Hello! How are you?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Great...trying to write 4K this week and that is sooooo not happening... I went to the state fair and ate way too much and I have spent all week trying to work it off!

How are things with you? Be sure to post up your blog/website so we all can get a feel for who you be!

message 22: by James (new)

James Lewis (jameswlewis) | 19 comments 4K a week? Man, maybe I'll get to that point one day. LOL I actually already have my blog and website posted under my author profie.

message 23: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Hunt (delilah_hunt) | 40 comments Hi everyone. I'm Delilah Hunt. I write erotic paranormal and contemporary I/R. I'm published with Changeling Press and Evernight Publishing. My title out is called The Vampire's Pet and I have a contemporary, Tempting Mr. Parker to be released soon. I have first chapters and excerpts on my page for anyone who wants to get a feel for my writing style. I can't wait to get to know all of you. Thanks.

message 24: by Delaney (last edited Dec 23, 2010 07:31AM) (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Congratulations on both your novels!

I checked out your website. The Monday hottie was definitely nice. I clearly need to start watching rugby.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome Delilah!

message 26: by Delilah (last edited Dec 23, 2010 08:04AM) (new)

Delilah Hunt (delilah_hunt) | 40 comments LoL@ Delaney. Yeah I love that guy. *Shh* Can't let hubby know ;-) Thanks for checking out my site!

message 27: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Delilah welcome!!!!
I met you earlier when you helped someone figure a book out!

message 28: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Hunt (delilah_hunt) | 40 comments Hi Sharon. Thanks :-)

message 29: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillbrock) | 7 comments Hi everyone,

I'm Jill Brock, author of the Maggie and Odessa mysteries, Pennywise, Drop Dead Delicious and my new book, Semisweet. As an author I love feedback and excerpts of my books can be found on my websites, jillbrock.net.
I'm also an avid reader as well and this is a great place to find new authors. I'm especially interested in e-books.

message 30: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Welcome to the group, Jill! I'm glad you broke down and did a trailer. The trailer for Semisweet is very well done! Did you do it yourself?

message 31: by Jill (last edited Jan 02, 2011 08:45PM) (new)

Jill (jillbrock) | 7 comments Thanks Delancy,

I'm not a fan of trailers, because I normally end up doing them myself. They take a lot of time and effort. But once it's done, I stop complaining. Thanks again.

Jill

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Jill. Here's an official welcome!

message 33: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Welcome Jill!!!

message 34: by Arch , Mod (new)

Welcome Jill.

message 35: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Hunt (delilah_hunt) | 40 comments Hi Jill :-)

message 36: by Ms. (new)

Ms. (msjamazonia) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Jeanette aka Ms. J, the author of "Snap Shot."

To all the IR lovers, I do say thanks. It's a hard hustle for a self-pub like me. I hope to roll out more works lncluding the sequel to Snap Shot, Focus, asap as well as other projects.

I appreciate reviews, truthful ones good or bad. Trust me, my critique groups break my ego down enough :). So if anyone of you get a chance to comment on Snap Shot on Amazon, facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc, please do. Your comments can only help.

Again, thank you and happy reading.

God bless.

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome, Jeanette!

message 38: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Jeanette, if you're looking for some publicity,I may be able to help. I have a new column with Night Owl Reviews magazine and I've planned an article around self-pubbed authors who write interracial or multicultural romance.

Here's the link to the details: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Welcome to the group!
http://delaneydiamond.com

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I am an author who recently self-published a book. This forum seems right for me, since the female protagonist is mixed race, and the male is white-ish. Feel free to check it out here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 40: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Welcome to the group, Mell, and congratulations on getting your work out there. That's a really good deal, too--$1.00 for a novel-length book!

I have one self-pubbed book, but I haven't used Smashwords. I chose Amazon, Nook, and ARe. Was it difficult to self-pub on Smashwords? I've heard the formatting is a nightmare.

message 41: by Arch , Mod (new)

Welcome Mell

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome, Mell. Congratulations.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Welcome, Mell. Congratulations."

Thanks for the welcome message.

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 15, 2011 05:33PM) (new)

Delaney wrote: "Welcome to the group, Mell, and congratulations on getting your work out there. That's a really good deal, too--$1.00 for a novel-length book!

I have one self-pubbed book, but I haven't used Smas..."

Smashwords require basic formatting which can be a nightmare. The good thing is that smashwords distributes to all the e-book vendors, including nook, BN, Kindle, etc.

message 45: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) I wrote a mystery set in 1963 French Quarter about a white detective falling in love with a black suspect/victim. After submitting to an agent who replied with a rejection saying she found the story distasteful, I asked if the reason was the erotic element. She couldn't put her finger on the reason. Okay....

I decided to indie-pub.

www.mebbryant.com

message 46: by Kiru (new)

Kiru Taye (kirutaye) | 8 comments Hi Meb, welcome. Now, I'm curious and want to know why an agent will say that. I'll have to check out your book for myself.

I'm a new author and write multicultural romance. My first book His Treasure is out 2 December 2011 published by Breathless Press.

His Treasure (Men of Valor, #1) by Kiru Taye

message 47: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) Kiru,
Thank you for the response. I'm not sure why she found my couple distasteful. They never kissed nor exchanged sexual intimacies. They were two damaged souls finding an emotional bonding.

Who knows the mind of another?

Congratulations on your first book, His Treasure. I know you are over the moon with excitement. Practice your autograph. lol I remember when my tennis partner wanted me to sign my autograph in my printed book. It seemed surreal.

message 48: by Kiru (new)

Kiru Taye (kirutaye) | 8 comments Yes, Meb. I'm so excited. I can't wait. It's about 32 days to release. lol.

message 49: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Meb. Welcome. Welcome, Kiru.

message 50: by Kiru (new)

Kiru Taye (kirutaye) | 8 comments Thank you, Lady Danielle. :)

« previous 1