The Elizabeth Peters Fan Club discussion

Have you seen Joan Hess's Mummy Dearest?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 24 comments You guys Have to Read this book! Actually, you should read a couple of the Claire Malloy series by Joan Hess first (preferably All of Them)and then read this one!
Hess Actually Went to Egypt with Mertz!!!! Can you think of anything more fun and exciting???
Trust me, this book is wonderful.

My favorite of Joan Hess is the Maggoty series...it is HILARIOUS, especially if you have any experience with a small town, but this last Malloy is Incredible.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 17 comments Hi Mary,

Thank you for the reccommendation, I have reread an listened to the Amelia Peabody series until I a almost have each book memorized. I will pick up a few of Ms. Hess's books.

If any fan has not listened to the series as read by Barbra Rosenblatt, I highley reccomend you do this, listening to her narration is a whole new experience.

Kathy

message 3: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 24 comments I am a real Rosenblatt FAN! Sometimes I search for any book read by her, not caring who wrote it!

Let me know about the new Peabody book. I want it on tape, because I feel In don't read nearly as well as Barbara speaks! And I am a trained actor.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 17 comments Yes, I do that too. I listened to a couple of Lisa Scottolini (SP?) by her as well. I picked up a Joan Hess book and read about 1/2 on a flight last night. Very entertaining!

message 5: by Judi Dietz (new)

Judi Dietz | 1 comments Joan Hess is wonderful. I have read most everything by her. She makes me laugh so hard. I love Arley and Claire. You characters are a work of art. Don't ever stop writing for us. With Caryn going to college and Peter with lots of money what they should do is take a long vacation together and solve crimes around the world. Peter is such a citizen he must have a quirk somewhere Claire can find and loosen him up. They will be so funny together. They need to expand their horizons. Egypt?? Alaska?? Ireland??
Joan finished Miss Peters last book and it is perfect. It took her a few years to do, but every word is perfect. All of your research and digging was always what she would have done for us. Thank you Joan for giving us her last book. We know it was a work of love. Amelia and family are pure entertainment with history and intelligence and a dozen lessons brought into every story. Each book is at least 5 stories interwoven. I have learned so much from Amelia and family. I feel like they are mine.
Please know whatever you would like to write I would like to read. Me and millions of others. Thank you Thank you.