Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Posting Stories, Excerpts

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 7272 comments Mod
If you are a writer of IR fiction, feel free to post your stories. Here are a few guidelines:

1.Please mark your story for content. For example: if it contains very descriptive, erotic sex, please note that, violence, offensive language, very clearly at the top of the story. Create a separate thread for each story. If you will post more than one story, create a folder and name it: "Danielle's Stories", for example.

2. If you want feedback, please post a statement to that effect. You reserve the right to delete any comments that you find offensive and non-constructive. If you feel that has occurred, please bring it to the attention of one of the moderators. That conduct is not allowed on this group.

3. If you are a published author, post your story under the following folder: Published Author, Upcoming Book Excerpts, creating a new thread for your story.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 7272 comments Mod
Just a reminder to readers, the authors are kindly sharing their stories with us. The stories are their intellectual property, and should not be copied in full or in part without their express permission.

Any comments that are made on the stories should be respectful.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

There will be a folder for Clean stories (G-PG-13) and Explicit stories (Above PG-13). If your story has explicit content, it should go in the Above PG-13 folder. Keep in mind that minors are able to use Goodreads, and this is a public group. As stated above, please mark your story clearly for content.

message 4: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Bekah (Bekah317) | 113 comments Mod
So I have been thinking about writing a lot lately. And I thought maybe I should start with a short story. How many words are in a short story usually? Or is there a wide range?

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

On Wikipedia, they say that a short story is defined as longer than 1,000 words and shorter than 20,0000 words. Less than 1,000 words is considered flash fiction.

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6407 comments Mod
I'm not a short story writer.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm trying to get better at writing short stories, because I enjoy that format. But I'm more of a novel-length writer, myself.

message 8: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Bekah (Bekah317) | 113 comments Mod
well a novel is the ultimate goal, but I think I just may try to tackle a short story first and then move on from there.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

All novels start with the first words. You can do it, Bekah!

message 10: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) I'll post an excerpt when I can. It'll be awhile because the final version is still being worked on by the pub. By January we should be ready to send out review copies so I should have samples and excerpts for "Giving up the Ghost" to share then.

Best Wishes!

message 11: by Randy (new)

Randy Smith (Noirree) | 29 comments Ok for finally clarification, am I suppose to post the story in this box or someplace else?

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Start a thread for your story in this folder, Randy.

message 13: by Lilith (new)

Lilith Darville (lilithdarville) | 21 comments Is a thread the same as a comment? Please forgive the newbie questions while I learn the lingo!

message 14: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6407 comments Mod
Lilith wrote: "Is a thread the same as a comment? Please forgive the newbie questions while I learn the lingo!"

Hi Lilith that's a good question. No, a thread is not the same as a comment, although a person has to use a comment box, when they start a new thread. When a person wants to start a new thread, they have to click on new and their message will be number 1. All other messages under that thread will be comments. Your message 13 is a comment. Danielle's message 1 is the thread.

unread topics | mark unread