Kingdom Come: How Jesus Wants to Change the World Kingdom Come discussion

1 view
Kingdom Come

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa This book is the one I was reading when everything just clicked for me theologically. I woke up in the middle of the night after having a vivid dream and it made sense. Jesus told us that the church was His body and He was leaving us with the Holy Spirit to do His work. We are the ones who are charged with ringing in the kingdom of God. "Kingdom Come" will happen when we lay down our materialsim, racism and violence and embarce the fact that our only charge as followers of Christ is to take care of the "least of these." (Matthew 25).
Read this book and hopefully you will come to the same kind of clarity and join the cause!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 10, 2007 06:00AM) (new)

I like my religion and belief system a lot better than yours, so I won't be joining your cause anytime soon.

Best wishes on your newfound quest!

message 3: by Dave (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:34PM) (new)

Dave I had the same epiphany when I read Carl Sagan's "Demon Haunted World" and came to embrace the fact that only when we rid the world of superstitious mumbo jumbo will we be able to rid the world of racism and violence. I recommend you check that book out and hopefully you will come to the same kind of clarity and shake off the distorting cowl of religion.