From Prog To Punk discussion

Runaways movie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca7) | 14 comments I never read Neon Angels on the Road to Ruin. I don't think the Runaways are punk rock, they seemed more glam than punk. Did anyone see the movie?

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 6 comments I saw it. I'm pretty sick of how formulaic these music bio pics have become. Especially the tedium of the 'descent into drugs' section that all these type of films contain. Also, where was Lita Ford?? She didn't even rate as a character in the film.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca7) | 14 comments I have to agree. Also it full filled all the stereotypes of what girls in bands do. Drugs and make out with each other...
I don't think so.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy (andys) | 9 comments Mod
Ironically I thought it was a better Kim Fowley film than one on The Runaways, who displayed very little personality. Fowley came off as the only three-dimensional character in the movie.

message 5: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 6 comments Indeed! And speaking of Kim Fowley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBP22...#!

message 6: by Andy (last edited Aug 07, 2010 10:05AM) (new)

I also thought the ending fell flat. When Joan Jett and Cherie Currie meet up again via telephone on "Rodney On The Roq" there is no connection, no camaraderie, no conclusion at all. The scene falls flat because there's no point to it. The worst ending to a film I've ever seen.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca7) | 14 comments I started to lose interest when the band was in Japan.

I did like the music.

message 8: by Andy (new)

To keep returning to the band reherasing in their cramped trailer over and over again was the most Ed Wood-move to a film I've seen in a long time.

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca7) | 14 comments Yeah that was funny, I like it when the band had turds and cans whipped at them. That was punk rock hahaha

message 10: by Hayden (last edited May 08, 2011 10:27PM) (new)

Hayden (CigarettesAndRedVines) | 1 comments I thought it was a pretty forgetable film overall, but I really liked the ending, I guess because it felt true to life, if that makes sense.