Ballet/Dance Roleplay discussion

Splits?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
Can you guys do your splits? I can do my left splits!!!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 25 comments I can do my right splits! I'm your opposite anyway... jk!

message 3: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
yikes!

message 4: by Runningstar (new)

Runningstar | 4 comments I can't do the splits yet. :(

message 5: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
:(

message 6: by Meghan (new)

Meghan i can!

message 7: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
cool! id better pratice splits right now... one moment..

message 8: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
ok! r u guys on?

message 9: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 21 comments I can barely do one now! but at least I can do one!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

i can't doo it......

♫♥ashylynlyn♥♫ (goodreadscomprofileashlyne) | 8 comments i can do my left and sometimes my right!

message 12: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 1 comments I can do both left and right but have trouble with the side split. Some of the girls in my class are outrageous...they can leap in a split.

My 8 year old sister is amazing. She can do past a split standing up!

message 13: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
well, keep working, people, you'll do it someday!!! :-) i can only do left

message 14: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 93 comments i can't do any either of my splits. when i was little i was determened to get my splits and then my dance teacher was talking to someone and she said"some people are lucky and are born with both splits some people like me have one split and have to work for their other side and then some people,like lilly(me),will never get their splits." and after i heard that i just gave up. and this year i finally decided to go for it and that i would prove that old lady wrong. so i haven't gotten them yet but im defantally trying my hardest!

message 15: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Thats great! Ya, it definatly takes motivation and practice...i had to work on it all year in jazz last year and i finally have it now! You will get it! keep trying!

message 16: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Sure! Eventually, your muscules will start to lossen up and you feel yourself becoming more and more flexible and then sooner or later you will get it!

message 17: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Ya, are you in my group dance lovers yet??

message 18: by Meghan (new)

Meghan You can! I am looking for more people to join it...

message 19: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Cool, thanks!

message 20: by Meghan (new)

Meghan ok

message 21: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 93 comments ill join to if you want me to. but i don't really know anyone to invite. sorry!

message 22: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto i can kind of do my right split but i cant do my left. im trying though

message 23: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 93 comments well keep trying im sure you'll get it. im still trying for both so your lucky.

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate | 25 comments ergg... i lost my splits!!!!!!! I'm mad. I'm still close in both........

message 25: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
yay! I <3 BALLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) ballet's hard 2 learn though...even if ur flexible, which i was lucky enough 2 b born flexi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

message 27: by Meghan (new)

Meghan I can do the splits on both side...but all last year in jazz class I had too work on it!

message 28: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 45 comments i can do my left but not my rights

message 29: by evie (new)

evie i can't do anything!

message 30: by evie (new)

evie and when i went to nutcracker auditions and we were stretching EVERYONE except the little tiny dancers were doing the splits. i was so embarrassed because i couldn't do it!

message 31: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 45 comments it took me a summer of practicing in conditioning classes

message 32: by evie (new)

evie there wasn't alot of dancers at the audition, so everyone got a part. now i'm a mouse in the first act and an angel in the second act.

message 33: by evie (new)

evie the dance teacher told us at the last rehearsal that we're only getting one time on the real stage with the Moscow ballet. and that they're not even gonna be moving since they have to save all their energy(its gonna be a few hours before the actual show). so we have to pay extra attention since the angels are supposed to be running around one guy doing all these fouettés in the middle.

message 34: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 45 comments Cool! U do it w/ the Moscow ballet! I did it w/the Oakville Ballet Company and I was Chinese, Courtier, and understudy Russian

message 35: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 93 comments my friend does the nutcracker every year and this year shes a cook AGAIN, but i don't do it. the weird thing is that shes at her performance RIGHT now.

message 36: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 45 comments cool

message 37: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) OMG I love the nutcracker!! My school does it every year 2. It stinks when u get the same parts.
And, yes I can!

message 38: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 45 comments u can what???
I like the nutcracker, its the best performance we do

message 39: by •Clara• (new)

•Clara• T | 16 comments i do the nutcracker every year and i never repeat my parts. last year i was lead angle (the biggest part for my age group besides clara and the sugar plum fairy) and i loved it! i was also a big mouse, a chinese, and a runner!

message 40: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 45 comments awesome! My first year I was a mouse and a skater, then just a mouse, then Fritz (Clara's brother) and this year I was Chinese, Courtier and Understudy Russian.

message 41: by •Clara• (new)

•Clara• T | 16 comments congratz! wishing everyone luck next year 2!

message 42: by Allie (last edited Feb 18, 2009 04:46PM) (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) u can what???
I can do the splits, all directions.
I've been little party scene girl, soldier, mother ginger child, angel, chinese, big mouse, mint, striped candy, sr. snow, jr. snow, jr. flower, old party scene girl.

message 43: by •Clara• (new)

•Clara• T | 16 comments i've been jr. soilder, harliquin solo, dew drop doll, dream fairy, pollichenelle, crown bearer, harliquin duet, jr. snow, arabian duet, arabian solo, sr. soilder, sr. mouse, lead angel, chinese, and a runner! lots, i know. haha. i can also do a split in all directions.

message 44: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
Cool! that's awesome. THe nutcracker is so cool! my studio has a different holiday production we always do. :-)

message 45: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 93 comments i've been jr. soilder, harliquin solo, dew drop doll, dream fairy, pollichenelle, crown bearer, harliquin duet, jr. snow, arabian duet, arabian solo, sr. soilder, sr. mouse, lead angel, chinese, and a runner

GOsh! you've been A LOT! ive never been in it but i think im gonna try out this year!

message 46: by Kira, I am the moderator and creator of this group... I LOVE BALLET! (new)

Kira | 159 comments Mod
cool

message 47: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (Calbaldancer4life) | 6 comments yes, left and right. not middle. i am still working on that

message 48: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 93 comments well i still cant do left and right but i just recently got my middle!!! i find it so much easier than trying to get you lefts and rights but to tell u the truth im getting pretty darn close with my right side!!

message 49: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (Calbaldancer4life) | 6 comments Lilly wrote: "well i still cant do left and right but i just recently got my middle!!! i find it so much easier than trying to get you lefts and rights but to tell u the truth im getting pretty darn close with m..."

Yay for u!!!!

message 50: by Catya (new)

Catya | 3 comments i can do my right and i'm close to getting my left/ I'm so happy!!! (not bragging or anything i'm just really excited cause i'm not flexible at all)

« previous 1