The Feature Presentation discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
We welcome you to this group and hope you will enjoy it to the fullest. We're glad to have you membership!Please post to let us know that you're here!

message 2: by Vina (new)

Vina hi

message 3: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Hola! Thanks for joining even though the group isn't fully underway yet!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (MeLiLuvsBooks) | 3 comments hEY :D

message 5: by Gorfo (last edited Aug 04, 2010 05:50PM) (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Hola! Nice to have you! A warm welcome to The Feature Presentation!

message 6: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 65 comments Mod
And remember guys, invite all your buddies! (and like Gorfo said, sorry for the lack of content, we're working on it!! If you have any ideas for what else we can discuss or vote on, feel free to contribute ideas or make your own poll!)

message 7: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Hey, thanks Gorfo for inviting me. :)

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (MeLiLuvsBooks) | 3 comments Thnx Glad I joined :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

hallo!!!!! lol yet another awesome group to join. :)

message 10: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) Hi everyone, nice to be here.

message 11: by Caitlin (new)

And nice to have you!

message 12: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Ditto!

message 13: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 10 comments Hey People

message 14: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Oye!!!

message 15: by Caitlin (new)

Bienvenue!

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hi I'm Lauren :)

message 17: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Hola! Glad you joined! And I hope you'll have fun here!

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I'm sure I will :)

message 19: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) Hello Im Jeannie and I love movies soo much... I also love books..

message 20: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Hey Jeannie, what's your favorite movie?

message 21: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) hmm you will not believe how difficult that is for me to answer!!! I will definately have to say the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy would be near the top.. And Moulin Rouge... and STAR TREK... But if i spend long enough I could give you are really long list... I also really love Serentiy...

message 22: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Oh, big Sci-fy fan. I've seen every single STAR TREK series and movies and I've also seen all the LOTR movies, never read the books though.
Moulin Rouge was wonderful. My daughter can do the duet medley from the movie, you know, the one that's between Nicole and Ewan that lasts like four minutes. She can sing her part and his, switching from high voice to low. It's impressive. I wish there was some way I could tape it and get it on youtube or something.
As far as the movie Serenity, I absolutely love Nathan Fillian. The first time I saw him was on "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". He was creepy but cute. Did you see him on "Slither"? Very funny, but gross. lol

My favorite movie of all time is "The Color Purple". It's the only movie to ever elicit such strong feelings. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. I encourage everyone, black, white, whatever to watch this masterpiece by Stephen Speilburg. IT ROCKS!!

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Isn't The Color Purple a book also, PQ? I remember seeing it in the library

message 24: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments OH, yeah, it is. I didn't read the book. They say that the book is always better than the movie. If that's the case here, it must be the best book ever written. :)

Have you seen the movie?

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren No I havent

message 26: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
The color purple movie with Whoopi Goldberg? I haven't read the book either, or seen the movie. I'll get around to it some day.

Gosh I really don't like sci-fi, I have not seen a single star-trek or Lord of the Rings movie.
Guilty confessions

message 27: by Caitlin (new)

i read the color purple, havent seen the movie though. Its really depressing...

message 28: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
no spoilers

message 29: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments I don't know about the book, but the movie had so many subplots, each one just as emotional as the next, all interwoven to create a beautiful tapestry of the human condition.

message 30: by Caitlin (new)

yup thats pretty much the book too

message 31: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments So Caitlin, eventhough the book was depressing, did you like it, I mean as a whole?

message 32: by Caitlin (new)

Yeah I thought it was really well written...
it moved a little slow at parts, but it wasnt really my type of book so it could have just been me.

message 33: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Do you know if the book came out before or after the movie? I have a feeling it was a book, probably on Oprah's book club. :)

message 34: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
It was a book way before it was a movie. The movie didn't come out till the 2000's I think.

message 35: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments I thought as much. Thanks Gorfo! :)

message 36: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) P.Q. wrote: "Oh, big Sci-fy fan. I've seen every single STAR TREK series and movies and I've also seen all the LOTR movies, never read the books though.
Moulin Rouge was wonderful. My daughter can do the duet ..."
I love Moulin Rouge... I never bothered to read the LOTRs books either I mean I tried but they were to slow for me....
hmm I love Nathen Fillion have you seen firefly?? I love it soo much... I think I will have to watch buffy the vampire slayer now... just to see nathen fillion...

message 37: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Jeannie wrote: "P.Q. wrote: "Oh, big Sci-fy fan. I've seen every single STAR TREK series and movies and I've also seen all the LOTR movies, never read the books though.
Moulin Rouge was wonderful. My daughter can..."

I have seen Firefly. It was created by the same man, Joss Whedon, as Buffy. Nathan comes into the picture, I believe, in the last season, the seventh season. I have all seven seasons and sometimes my daughter and I will put aside a day or two and have Buffy Marathons. My very favorite but scariest episode is "The Gentlemen", when everyone's voices are taken away so they can come to the dorms and cut out people's hearts and nobody can hear them scream. (shivers) That one has to be the scariest ever!

message 38: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) ohhhh i so want to watch it now!!! i will have to borrow it from my friend!!!

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) | 54 comments I love Buffy it was so sad when it finished. my favorite episode would have to be "Once more with feeling" I also loved the episodes when Willow went evil.

message 40: by Caitlin (new)

Isnt the girl who plays Buffy in How I Met Your Mother?

message 41: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Allison Hannigan (not sure I spelled that right) Did you know she's pregnant in real life? Also, that she is married to the actor who played Wesley the watcher? They met while doing the show and fell in love. They've been together for years!!!
I know, I'm a Buffy Freak.
\
There really isn't any episode of Buffy or Angel that I don't love. Dawn's character was a bit annoying. Very whiney, all "Oooh, poor pitiful me! I'm not human, just some stupid ole key that's gonna open the gateway to a hell dimension." Whe, whe whe!

message 42: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments Jeannie wrote: "ohhhh i so want to watch it now!!! i will have to borrow it from my friend!!!"

Does that mean you haven't seen it, or you want to see it again? :)

message 43: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) Alyson Hannigan played Willow in Buffy, and I believe she had her baby last year.

message 44: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
I never got into Buffy, I just never quite understood teh show...no wait...that was charmed. I never watched buffy

message 45: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments WOW! time flies doesn't it? What did she have?

Oh Gorfo, you so funny! You really need to watch Buffy. I did watch Charmed but I wasn't a great fan.

message 46: by A.F. (last edited Aug 26, 2010 01:13PM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) P.Q. wrote: "WOW! time flies doesn't it? What did she have?

Oh Gorfo, you so funny! You really need to watch Buffy. I did watch Charmed but I wasn't a great fan."

She had a daughter, Satyana, born March 24, 2009, according to the IMDb.

message 47: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 13 comments What a beautiful name!

message 48: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Hey Buffy and Charmed were before my time!

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) | 54 comments Same! I just recently started watching the first season of Charmed and I love it :)

message 50: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Maybe I will too if I ever actually watch it

« previous 1