What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Ghost wants to attend elementary school

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Seth | 7 comments This was a fun kids book. Family moves into a house, meets some ghosts, none are highly treatening or anything but one is quite friendly and a kid. He has so much fun playing with the kids in the family that he decides to go to school.

No, the book has absolutely no tension in it. Well, they do try to keep the teacher from knowing, but eventually she finds out and treats him like any other student. And there is the horrible question of whether he'll get a christmas present.

But I liked it. I figured I'd want to keep going to school should I die.

message 2: by Heron (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Heron | 52 comments The only thing I can find is a book called "Gus goes to school", originally titled "Gus was a Real Dumb Ghost", by Jane Thayer. It's part of series about a friendly ghost named Gus.

message 3: by Seth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Seth | 7 comments I'll check it out. Gus sounds right enough. Thanks!

Gotta love that name... high self-esteem generator there for the kids who identify with him.

message 4: by Sharon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:25PM) (new)

Sharon | 1 comments Could it be "Ghosts Who Went to School" by Judith Spearing? There is a whole ghost family, and the two kid ghosts (Mortimer and Wilbur) end up going to school because they're bored hanging around the house. This was one of my favorite books as a kid.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 28562 comments Mod
Gus Goes To School for the link. Seth, did that turn out to be your book?