What's Cookin' discussion

Archives > Banana Butterscotch Muffins

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie This is a recipe that I just made today. It's a great one to make with kids, because it's so simple that they can do almost the entire thing on their own, and the resulting muffins are great. It's from Nigella Express.

Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.

2. Measure the oil into a large glass measuring cup and beat in the eggs.

3. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda into a large bowl and mix in the liquid ingredients, followed by the mashed bananas.

4. Fold in the butterscotch chips, the divide equal quantities into the muffin pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.

Makes 12

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (pinkprincessmommy) These sound awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Heather

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Hey Val~ I did not notice that you had this recipe on here until I'd already posted the banana muffin recipe that I've been using (no butterscotch chips in them though). I didn't mean to give your muffins any competition. Coincidental that we both discovered the banana muffin.

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Yours sound good, too, Carol. I have to admit that this recipe (with the butterscotch chips) makes them pretty sweet - almost more like a cupcake - so I guess it kind of depends what you're in the mood for (in terms of the competition :)

Do you (or anyone) have any other good muffin recipes?

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Yours sound good, too, Carol. I have to admit that this recipe (with the butterscotch chips) makes them pretty sweet - almost more like a cupcake - so I guess it kind of depends what you're in the mood for (in terms of the competition :)

Do you (or anyone) have any other good muffin recipes?