DEBATE! (not forensics!) discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 262 (262 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga What do you think????

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments You already know how I feel about this topic. :P

message 3: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga Yeah.....I don't know why though. ;-)

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments I'm an atheist because there's no proof for a god's existence. That's why.

~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~  (jessicatheawsomeone) and theres no proof of not being a god either.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

honestly i dont have a religion so its hard for me to even think where to start. i'm not really atheist but i'm not religious either.

message 7: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga Air wrote: "I'm an atheist because there's no proof for a god's existence. That's why."

Proof for God is subjective and personal not empirical.

message 8: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga ~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awsome ♥ ! ~ wrote: "and theres no proof of not being a god either."

You have to prove something not disprove it.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments ~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awsome ♥ ! ~ wrote: "and theres no proof of not being a god either."

That doesn't matter either. I'm not going to say somethings real just because a book says so. I don't think Harry Potter's real, unfortunately...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I personally just need hard evidence of something before I'll believe in it.

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments So, you're kind of an agnostic?

message 12: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga what would "hard evidence" be????

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

In this case, I don't know. I just never believed in a God and I don't think I ever will...

message 14: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga okay....i guess

~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~  (jessicatheawsomeone) Harry potter's a fictional book -_-

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "what would "hard evidence" be????"

Something you could see, touch, or hear.

message 17: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga what about an emotion experience????

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Doesn't count.

message 19: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga why????

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Just because you "felt" something doesn't mean anything actually happened. Sometimes I think bugs are crawling all over my skin, but nothings actually there. Emotions and feelings can be toyed with. They don't show hard evidence for anything. Plus http://science.discovery.com/videos/t...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

why not air? i think thats how many people 'find' god or jesus.

message 22: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga Air wrote: "Just because you "felt" something doesn't mean anything actually happened. Sometimes I think bugs are crawling all over my skin, but nothings actually there. Emotions and feelings can be toyed with..."

I mean an unexplainable event that would absolutely point you to God???

~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~  (jessicatheawsomeone) Can you provide an example?

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Hannah wrote: "why not air? i think thats how many people 'find' god or jesus."

Look above. -_____-

message 25: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga you mean my experiences???

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "Air wrote: "Just because you "felt" something doesn't mean anything actually happened. Sometimes I think bugs are crawling all over my skin, but nothings actually there. Emotions and feelings can ..."

Nope. If my pen started floating, I'd call my shrink. :P

message 27: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga what???

~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~  (jessicatheawsomeone) Girl4beluga wrote: "you mean my experiences???"

this is what I was talking about... I meant can you give me an example of 'an unexplainable event that would absolutely point you to God '

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "what???"

An unexplainable event.

message 30: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga O well...it's hard to explain...but....my grandmother died for a second on my birthday and then when she woke up told everyone what would happen tomorrow when she died.....and everything that she said happened.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

thats.....crazy?....amazing?

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments :O Clairvoyance!

Soph - Lock&Key | 9 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "O well...it's hard to explain...but....my grandmother died for a second on my birthday and then when she woke up told everyone what would happen tomorrow when she died.....and everything that she s..."

wow thats amazing!!!!!!!! Gah but kinda freaky

message 34: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga Air wrote: ":O Clairvoyance!"

what???

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

like clarvoyancy when someone sees the future.

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Yup.

message 37: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 107 comments Well, I believe that God exhists..... (Hey, you already know my opinion on this matter)

message 39: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 107 comments Well you don't. I meant that Girl4beluga and Air knows.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Okay, I do and don't belive in God...I mean, he creats the seasons?? We have science, we can prove what causes seasons, day and night, and evolution. The ONE true god? What about all the other religions? They have a right to worship their own beliefs.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 17 comments I believe in God, and I believe that God communicates with us directly, meaning that we don't have to rely on outside sources such as priest or the Bible.

message 42: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga Sarah wrote: "Okay, I do and don't belive in God...I mean, he creats the seasons?? We have science, we can prove what causes seasons, day and night, and evolution. The ONE true god? What about all the other reli..."

You seem to be confused between the concept of God and what some people say about him.

message 43: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga okay

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

like i said i dont know, but why not? i am very curious to hear both sides.

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Lindsay wrote: "This is where I see God in the world, there was once a woman who was so poor she couldn't afford milk to feed her family of six with no husband. They lived on the streets and didn't have anywhere t..."

Luck. What about all the people dying of starvation everywhere else? Luck.

message 46: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments Yup. ^^

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

dont we already have a topic on god?

message 48: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments I do not believe in tiny green leprechauns.

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily | 611 comments I just mean, it happened for no reason, it was just "luck."

message 50: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga yeah it does

« previous 1 3 4 5 6