Chirenjenzie discussion

TV Topics > Buffy and True Blood!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

There seems to be more than a few of our members discussing, and rightly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Here's a thread not only for the Duchess of Buffonia, but also for any other books, music, TV, movies, etc., that make your writerly world go 'round. Have at it!

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Hooray! now we don't have to feel like we're spamming the other thread :D

message 3: by Anja (new)

Anja Yaay! Thanks Regan...and bahahhah I love the Duchess of Buffonia..loved that episode:D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Anja wrote: "Yaay! Thanks Regan...and bahahhah I love the Duchess of Buffonia..loved that episode:D"

No problem and yes, me too! Def a classic episode. Now...do any of you groupies happen to like True Blood and/or the Charlaine Harris series?

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Anja wrote: "Yaay! Thanks Regan...and bahahhah I love the Duchess of Buffonia..loved that episode:D"

Hahaha! That is a GREAT episode. Speaking of...favorite eps? Mine has to be the musical one "Once More With Feeling" :D

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Regan wrote: "Anja wrote: "Yaay! Thanks Regan...and bahahhah I love the Duchess of Buffonia..loved that episode:D"

No problem and yes, me too! Def a classic episode. Now...do any of you groupies happen to like ..."

I like TB, but honestly I stopped watching b/c it was way too gory for me lol. I love the books though. I am currently reading #8

message 7: by Anja (new)

Anja I like True Blood..though sometimes it's weird..I haven't read the books yet..I just want sookie and Eric to hook up already :D

Ooh Catherine LOVE the musical episode..one of my faves is also 'End of Days' the one before the last in season 7. I just love the moments between Buffy and Spike there :)

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Anja wrote: "I like True Blood..though sometimes it's weird..I haven't read the books yet..I just want sookie and Eric to hook up already :D

Ooh Catherine LOVE the musical episode..one of my faves is also 'End..."

LOVE S/E! Hoping they'll hook up again my books hehe.

I love those S7 moments between Spike and Buffy--those are some of the best moments in the show. *sighs*

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine wrote: "Regan wrote: "Anja wrote: "Yaay! Thanks Regan...and bahahhah I love the Duchess of Buffonia..loved that episode:D"

I def see your point Catherine, and we've sort of talked about this before. I also love the books. I kind of view them as separate entities. I've read them all, and I think they improve as they go along.

This might need to go into the content section, but Sookie's clothes are so out of fashion in the first few books! Finally in the latest one she's wearing an Old Navy shirt. I don't know if she's supposed to be backwoods or if Harris just isn't up with what the 25-year-olds wear these days. As a 25-year-old myself, I can say that gold ball earrings are not it!

Does anyone else notice clothes in novels, or is it just my love of fashion?

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Regan wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Regan wrote: "Anja wrote: "Yaay! Thanks Regan...and bahahhah I love the Duchess of Buffonia..loved that episode:D"

I def see your point Catherine, and we've sort of talked about ..."

Re True Blood: yeah, we've talked about this before, I know. Was just replying :)

Re: fashion in the books. YES. I feel like Sookie is always dressed like it's 1985 or something. I don't know if she's just supposed to backwoods/out of it or if Harris is just clueless. I wonder the same thing!

message 11: by Anja (new)

Anja Seriously..Bill is just...bleh! lol

Yes they really were some of the best moments! :D
And gosh I just LOVE Xander..he is soo funny! One especially funny moment I always think about it the first episode of season 2 when Buffy was acting all weird because she was so traumatized because of the master Willo is all like: "She must be posessed! I mean why else woul she act like such a b-i-t-c-h (she spelled the word:D) And Giles is like: "Willow..don't you think we're a little too old for spelling words like that?" And then Xander is like: "A bitca?"
Goodness I always laugh soo hard at that part :D:D:D he is amazing:D

Regan I notice clothes too..I pay a lot of attention to what heroines of a certain book I'm reading wear etc.. :) but I haven't read Charalaine Harris' books yet..only seen the show

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments hahha Bill is LAME.

I love Xander too--so adorable and funny! That's a great moment when he's like "bitca?" LOL. I also love the moment in one season 2 ep where he has to go get buffy a stake out of her purse and he is pulling stuff out of it and finds a tampon and throws it aside. So funny and typical guy! what a great show!! :D :D

message 13: by Anja (new)

Anja :D:D:D yees that moment! LOVE it..or when Buffy and Angel are all about they wanna go on a date and then Buffy, Willow and Xander sit on a table at the Bronze and Angel comes..and Xander is talking something about 'Angel that freak:D' and then Angel is like: "Buffy."
Buffy: "Angel."...Xander: "Xander" :D:D gosh now you make me wanna watch it again and I was just about to catch up on true Blood :D

message 14: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments LOL. so many good moments!

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Isaacs (eisaacs) | 339 comments Mod
The only thing I've watched for the past two years is "So You Think You Can Dance" and "American Idol". I guess that puts me in the lame category :-)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Not necessarily - we're talking about a show that went off the air in 2002! : )

message 17: by Anja (new)

Anja Beth you have to watch Buffy! You just have too it's soo awesome! :)

message 18: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments yes, Buffy has some of the best writers/writing out there. i find it inspiring sometimes even!

message 19: by Anja (new)

Anja Catherine you really made me wanna watch it again! And you know where I'll start? Season 4 :D don't know why but I have the urge to watch the best episodes of that season again lol

message 20: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments hahaha! i've been watching season 2 recently. love those hs day eps! i actually have a top 10 list of favorite episodes lol. sad but true.

message 21: by Anja (new)

Anja =D hahah I think that's great! I love the high school eps too! I missed high school soo much when season 3 was over :(

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments thanks :) yeah, the list has been revised a lot lol. but it's fun. i love those early seasons--they are my favorite (not that that later, post-hs seasons don't have merit). with angel, i loved the first two seasons--3 was ok, 4 i hated (except for a couple of eps) and 5 was pretty good. overall, i like Buffy better as a show though.

message 23: by Anja (new)

Anja Yeah those early seasons were awesome! Which reminds me..it's been a while since I've watched the first season lol. Oh yes I loved the seasons with Angel..especially 2..soo sad! I cried at the end of 5 too :D ugh I just love that show:D

message 24: by Gene (new)

Gene Doucette (genedoucette) | 39 comments The only Buffy season I truly didn't like was 7. The ratio of bad/good episodes got more imbalanced every year. Season 3 was brilliant, season 5 was largely brilliant, season 4 had some dreadful eps but also some incredibly good ones. Season 7 just stunk.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Gene wrote: "The only Buffy season I truly didn't like was 7. The ratio of bad/good episodes got more imbalanced every year. Season 3 was brilliant, season 5 was largely brilliant, season 4 had some dreadful ..."

Gene, I will have to respectfully disagree with you. Season 7's only fault is that it's the (*tear*) final season of Buffy.

Also, Season 7 found Buffy coming into her own and getting her slayer mojo back (after the adverse effects of her resurrection) in a kick-ass kind of way.

And while the potential slayers could at times be annoying, mostly due to their doubt of Buffy, I found the potentials and the "First" plot lines to be super interesting.

But all's fair in love, life and Buffy.

message 26: by Anja (new)

Anja I'll have to disagree with you too Gene..sorry :D

I LOVED season 7! And like Regan says..while the potential(especially Kennedy!ugh) could be very annoying the plot was really interesting and it was just awesome! :)

I'm currently watching season 5 again :P

message 27: by Gene (new)

Gene Doucette (genedoucette) | 39 comments Ugh. What they did to Spike's character alone was worth complaining about. They also made the mistake of introducing The Ultimate Evil. Never ever introduce the Ultimate Evil, because if they are Ultimate, they by definition can't be beaten, which makes their defeat somehow less probable.

Stephen King had the same sort of problem in one of my favorite books, It. The build-up simply didn't match up with the payoff.

And I can name only one episode, maybe, that I unequivocally enjoyed. It was a season the show sort of had to have, but other than Adam from season four it was maybe the most disappointing.

Now season six! "It was Xander. Xander saved us all." That was beautiful story-telling.

message 28: by Layla (new)

Layla (layla_messner) | 34 comments Regan Wrote "Gene, I will have to respectfully disagree with you. Season 7's only fault is that it's the (*tear*) final season of Buffy."

I loved season 7.

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Season 7 of Buffy was OK. It's not my favorite, but it was ok. I like it better than season 4--there are more eps I like altogether in 7 than in 4 I think. I was not a huge fan of the potential slayers though...and the ultimate evil thing--yeah i can see Gene's point with that one--how do you defeat it? you can't really. so that was a weak point. i did think Buffy had a better ending than Angel did.

seasons 2 and 3 were absolutely brilliant though. and 6 was good in it's own way--nothing tops the musical episode IMO. :D

message 30: by Anja (new)

Anja ay Gene I agree with you on that one..with the Ultimate Evil I mean lol...but other than that I absolutely loved it! And I thought it was sad what happened to Spike..I wish he could've been with Buffy..but I loved that he showed up in season 5 of Angel..god he made that season so much better lol
Bhahah yeah Xander saved us all..he really deserved to be the hero once :D

OMG Catherine..don't even get me started on the end of Angel! I was so pissed that it ended like that! I mean what does that mean? That they're all dead now? And omg I cried soo hard when Fred died..though Illyria was cool:D and then We died too :( All the awesome characters died :(

message 31: by Gene (new)

Gene Doucette (genedoucette) | 39 comments Angel: waaaay darker, very interesting for it. Nobody liked the way it ended, but I could live with it. I thought the Angelus plot in Angel was better than 3/4 of the storylines in Angel.

And I'm still crying over Firefly.

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

You all make me want to start watching TV again. :-)

message 33: by Anja (new)

Anja Yeahb I liked the Angelus plot too! But that's because Angelus is freakin awesome and way funnier than Angel :D

Firefly?:D

Beth..yeah you should try it sometimes..it's great! Maybe a little variation to the writing..and it can be really inspiring! :D

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

So you'd rather me watch TV than finish The Secret of the Keepers? :-)

message 35: by Anja (new)

Anja Aaw that's not fair!! :D Okay..no tv for you Beth!

<3

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments LOL guys!

Yeah, no one liked the ending of Angel, true. I wrote my own happy ending in my mind :-P

In terms of Buffy S7--minus the potentials and the pseudo lame ult. evil, i thought was good. "Conversations With Dead People" is one of my all-time favorites, as is "Showtime" :D

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE Showtime. Love love love love it. Buffy is a flipping bad ass in that one.

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Yes she is! That's always a good motivational episode for me :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine, we should create a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Motivations for Your Life" program and take it on the road.

message 40: by Gene (new)

Gene Doucette (genedoucette) | 39 comments but once you get past "he's not that into you; he's just cursed by gypsies"...

message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Regan--LOL that would be amazing! I need the $ anyway...haha.

message 42: by Anja (new)

Anja hat are some other shows or what are some of your favorite movies? :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Are we Buffy'd out? My favorites right now are Vampire Dairies, Glee and Mad Men. Yay Damon Salvatore!!!

message 44: by Gene (new)

Gene Doucette (genedoucette) | 39 comments Mad Men is easily the best show on television right now. Other good shows currently airing: True Blood; Dexter; Eureka... For all-time, As much as I love me some Joss Whedon, The Wire is without question the best.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

When I feel a little sad, I listen to Glee's version of "Funny Girl."

message 46: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 13, 2010 02:05PM) (new)

I love Glee's version of "lean on me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDpkl...

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Ok, other favorite tv shows: leverage, firefly, glee, desperate housewives, castle, covert affairs, battlestar galactica, big bang theory...

movies--oh goodness, don't get me started....pretty much chick flicks, action movies, period pieces lol.

message 48: by Elizabeth (new)

Kate's got me hooked on reruns of Gilmore Girls...all time favorite movie would be P.S. I Love you ... That movie absolutely tore me up!

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments I love Gilmore Girls! Need to watch season 7 lol. Ps. I Love You is SO sad! I think my favorite movie is probably When Harry Met Sally or Phantom of the Opera lol.

message 50: by Anja (new)

Anja Yeah Gilmore Girls is awesome! :)
PS. I love You is soo sad! I watched it with my mom and we both cried hahah

« previous 1