What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > (Possibly YA) Sci-fi trilogy - aliens enslave humans

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all!

My memory is very vague, but I hope my description can ring someone's bell out there!

Target audience: Possibly Young Adult, but probably Adult

Published: pre-2000

Cover: There is a crouching man with a bow (I think the main character) on one of the covers. I think he had shoulder-length blond hair.

The trilogy involves aliens enslaving humans. I can't remember if it's set on Earth or their home planet. I think the story revolved around a small group of human resistance fighters who are trying to free themselves. They also have a few aliens helping them, one of whom is female.

Any educated guesses are MUCH appreciated!

(See below for a minor spoiler that might be of some help.)

(VERY MINOR) SPOILER WARNING!
The second or third book opens with the main character (briefly) practising his fighting technique in a simulated environment, and he is killed. I remember this clearly because I accidentally started the trilogy with the wrong book.

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Dec 23, 2012 11:21AM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments This series has someone in a simulated environment and a group of humans and aliens travelling together. They're not exactly resistance fighters, but they aren't quite a part of the alien domination either.

Dawn Adulthood Rites Imago by Octavia Butler

message 3: by Bryan457 (new)

Bryan457 | 284 comments The only thing I can think of is
Vampire Earth series, #1 Way of the Wolf Way of the Wolf by E.E. Knight

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Maybe The Tripods Trilogy possibly?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1779 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Maybe The Tripods

I'm guessing not - even with, say a Star Man Son cover mixup. No alien help (even transposing the capped French girl - she never really helped 'em), no sims / protag death.

But yeah, sounds interesting.

message 6: by Dirk (last edited Dec 27, 2012 04:06AM) (new)

Dirk Grobbelaar (dirkg) | 9 comments This sounds like The Huntsman Trilogy by Douglas Hill. Information on Goodreads is scarce for this, but the cover you are describing sounds a bit like book 2, Warriors of the Wasteland.

They are:
1. The Huntsman
2. Warriors of the Wasteland
3. Alien Citadel (whose cover could also be the one you are referring to)

Try Google images - the particular covers / editions I am referring to aren't on Goodreads (yet). The ones featured on Goodreads are different.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39582 comments Mod
Stefanie, are you still looking for this? Was it anything suggested?

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments Hope you find it! Sounds interesting.