Babblers Who Read discussion

1 view
Setting Goals

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saintfranny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Saintfranny | 2 comments I'm so glad to have discovered this group. I literally have a LIBRARY in my basement - shelves and shelves and shelves of books. I've wanted to catalog them for awhile now, to just see in print what all I have, and see what I still need to read - which is a lot. I'm a bookstore junkie, esp. the sale tables. So, my goal is to list ALL my books, and then READ the unread ones. :)

message 2: by Scrabbler (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Scrabbler | 10 comments Do you mean realistic or ridiculous goals?

I currently have 63 books on my wish list on Amazon.com. In the 3 days since I have joined Goodreads I have learned of numerous interesting books and authors. I also recognize that new books are being published everyday. So, how will I "catch up?" And, there are some books that I would like to re-read.

KnightTime can probably create some statistical system that will tell me how many books I need to read each day in order to keep up.

My solution, again not realistic, is to win the lottery or to find a large amount of cash, then I can retire and spend my time reading to my heart's content.

message 3: by renny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:25PM) (new)

renny feld | 4 comments i have over 5ooo books in my house - i have no goal other than to survive should the books decide they want to go for a walk... all at once.