What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA- Young girl who has a father dealing with AIDS [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara (new)

Cara | 23 comments I have a feeling the book was published in the 80s but I could be totally off the mark with that guess. What I do remember is that the girl was young maybe 12 or 13 and she lives with two men, one her father and the other one his partner. No where in the story do I remember it actually stating the fact that they were a couple, but it was understood somehow.
I think it was her father who has AIDS (I'm pretty sure it was AIDS but it could have been some other disease) but it could be his partner. I'm leaning more towards the father though.
She did a project but I have no inkling what exactly it was and it she seemed to be she was somewhat artistic.
The cover was yellow I think and I'm sure the title had words like sun, shine, or rainbow? The title really fit the book and the phrase is used in the book and had some significance to the story as a whole.
I'm sorry I can't remember much else. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

message 2: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments Google says Earthshine?

I also found this list: http://www.pinkbooks.com/Gay-Teen-Boo... but none of them stood out to me.

message 3: by Cara (new)

Cara | 23 comments That's it!!!! Thanks so much Kaion:)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Earthshine (other topics)