Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Let's Get Specific! > Robin D. Owens

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jadetyger (new)

Jadetyger Sevea | 56 comments Hello, All--

I've been wondering: Is Robin D. Owens' Heart series considered Romantic Fantasy or SFR? It's implied that Celta is a colony world, but it seems to have more of a fantasy world building feel, if that makes sense.

Thoughts?

message 2: by new_user (last edited Aug 02, 2010 07:45PM) (new)

new_user | 755 comments I read a good portion of the first book. I didn't care for it, but it definitely read a lot more like a fantasy romance than SFR. I was kind of surprised to hear some people class it as SFR, as it's basically absent all of the trademarks of the genre.

message 3: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 154 comments I call this one fantasy romance. Yes they got there by space ship hundreds of years ago but now there's magic and there is basically no science or at least very little. Sort of like Dragonriders of Pern is the same sort of cross but I still basically consider it fantasy.

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Oops! I edited my last post. I meant that it's missing all of the trademarks of SFR. LOL!

message 5: by Jadetyger (new)

Jadetyger Sevea | 56 comments ::nods:: That's why I was wondering. I've seen it billed as SFR, too, and it didn't seem to fit. I like the books, but for different reasons than I enjoy SFR. Moira J. Moore's 'Heroes' series has the same fantasy feel, as well.

namericanwordcat | 156 comments Her Luna books are much more close to Moore books. They are good but not Sci Fi.