Building a SciFi/Fantasy Library discussion

discussions > Tanya Huff

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) I just finished Tanya Huff's "Blood Books" series, and LOVED it! So now I plan to start reading her other urban fantasy series: the "Smoke" series and the "Keeper" series.

Any other fans of Tanya Huff out there?

message 2: by Rindis (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:25PM) (new)

Rindis | 80 comments I don't think I've read anything by her, despite the fact that I've been meaning to read Sing the Four Quarters for over a decade now.

I really should do something about that.

message 3: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) Actually, I was warned not to read the "Quarters" novels, by someone who didn't think they were all that great. So I have no idea if they are good or not. My main thing is to read all her urban fantasy series. And like I said, this morning I bought all of her "Summoning" series, plus "Gate of Darkness, Circle of Light," which was also recommended to me as good urban fantasy. I'm looking forward to all of it!

Right now I am about halfway through "Poltergist" by Kat Richardson and enjoying that. It is the second novel in the "Greywalker" series.

message 4: by Tani (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

Tani | 8 comments I really like Tanya Huff. She's one of those authors who can always make me laugh. Her Smoke series has been one of my favorite recent series.

message 5: by Flitterkit (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

Flitterkit | 9 comments I'd say that the quarters series is a different feel, but if you like one, you'll probably like the rest of them.

Don't forget the serrated edge series, you'll like those too. :)

message 6: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:28PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) ((Tani))
Thanks! I am really looking forward to starting the "Smoke" series.

((Flitterkit))
What is the "Serrated Edge Series"?? I have never heard of that one. Is it urban fantasy?

message 7: by Carla (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Carla I'm about halfway through the Blood series now and I'm enjoying it also. I'm not sure how I can explain the link my brain has created between these books and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro but it has. If you've liked the Huff series, check out Yarboro's Saint-Germain series.

message 8: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) Thanks, Carla!

I have never read Yarboro. I'm putting her on my TBR list right now! :)

I just found Yarboro on my list. Someone else recommended her "Sisters of the Night: The Angry Angel." Is that the Saint-Germain series, or another series?

message 9: by Flitterkit (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Flitterkit | 9 comments Sorry, wrong author, that's what I get for posting when I am too tired to think straight

take a look see through my "read" books by Mercedes Lackey and you'll find some of them. Probably better able to get them in used books, I don't know. I have most of them in boxes. :)
Yes, they are urban fantasy. Race cars and elves. Loads of fun.
Chrome Circle
Wheels of Fire
Born to Run

message 10: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) ((Flitterkit))

Ah...gotcha! I know Mercedes Lackey. I hear wonderful things about her novels, and she is already on my TBR list. Thanks!

message 11: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 121 comments The Blood books are good, but her Confederation of Valor books are stunning. Summon the Keeper far outshines its sequels, which are quite good themselves.