Welcome To Larissa's Bookish Life! Where The Paranormal is Normal! {ONLINE BookClub} discussion

Book & Theme Recommendations > Recommendations for August's Pick - Theme: Kick-Ass Heroines!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (lalabristow) | 27 comments Mod
Hey Guys!

Let's start this thing, shall we? =)

Please leave in this topic your recommendations for the book we will be reading in August!

Have fun! =D

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (savitar) | 2 comments Jealousy by Lili St crow I just finished reading it was a great book.

message 3: by Larissa (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Jealousy by Lili St crow I just finished reading it was a great book."

Great Rec =)

I really like this series and I have that one here just waiting to be read =D

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (savitar) | 2 comments You'll love it trust me.

message 5: by Larissa (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "You'll love it trust me."

Cool! Thanks =D

message 6: by Estereta (new)

Estereta | 2 comments Any book of the Mercedes Thompson Saga by Patricia Briggs. I've read the first two and I loved them.

message 7: by Corrina (new)

Corrina  F | 3 comments The Path to Freedom by Lisa Pietsch has a very very kick-ass heroine in it. The whole series is about the kick ass heroine in it. :)

message 8: by E.J. (new)

E.J. Stevens | 1 comments Rachel Morgan in The Hollows books by Kim Harrison is one of my favorite kick-ass heroines. Dead Witch Walking is the first book in the series.

I'd also recommend the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead (Rose Hathaway kicks some major Strigoi butt in this series) and Rosemary & Rue by Seanan McGuire (October Daye is another great heroine).

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Makepeace (makepeace) One of my favorite heroines is Elena from Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series, specifically Bitten, Stolen, Broken, and Frostbitten (I have yet to read). I wouldn't mind reading these again.

As a side note: It would be helpful not to pick something just released. Unless I already have the book, I'll be checking my copy out from the library.

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait045) | 2 comments Everyones recommendations are awesome I love all those series

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (minnchica) Any of the Kate Daniels books. She kicks major ass!

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine Schulze | 1 comments Sunshine by Robin McKinley is good. To be bold, I also suggest one of my own books, The Prism of Ashlei.

message 13: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 1 comments I'm also suggesting/nominating:

- The Mercy Thompson series
- The Kate Daniels series
- The Hollows series
- The Vampire Academy series

Would love to read these :-)

message 14: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 3 comments I suggest The Chicagoland Vamps series because I love Merit! She totally kicks ass but stays grounded & is so much fun to read.

message 15: by Larissa (new)

wow so many amazing choices! I'll put up a poll tomorrow so keep them coming =D

message 16: by Anilú (last edited Aug 01, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

Anilú (anilumagloire) | 5 comments I second Mercy Thompson's books by Patricia Briggs. Kitty Norville's series by Carrie Vaughn are great too.

BUT, I have Kate Daniel's on my Kindle to be read so those would be amazing ;)

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael C. (MichaelCGreer) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite. Might I suggest Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter? Doesn't get more kick-@55 than that!
Michael

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan Mann (susankmann) | 1 comments I would like to nominate Elena from Kelley Armstong books. She kicks some serious butt.

message 19: by Larissa (new)

Thanks everyone!!! =D I added all your nominations and the poll is live for the next week!

Please vote!

Read for your future! (readforyourfuture) | 1 comments I nominate halfway to the grave CAT :)

message 21: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 2 comments i nominate Demon Blood by Brook.

message 22: by Jade (new)

Jade  | 1 comments Did anyone do the ass-kicking Kate Daniels yet? :)Magic Bites

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy (amylynnikins) | 7 comments Jade Teo wrote: "Did anyone do the ass-kicking Kate Daniels yet? :)Magic Bites"

Haven't read the first three, but read Magic Bleeds & it was FANTASTIC!

message 24: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  Black (bookwormblogger) Elemental The First by Alexandra May
I LOVED this book, its a great read, strong characters and Rose is awesome. Morgan is sweet, Daisy as a grandmother is like nothing I've read before and then there's Aiden who you just want to be the good guy but is so bad. The mystery carries you on into the story until the ending....... Definitely worth it!

message 25: by Kia (new)

Kia Carrington-Russell (kia_crystal) | 1 comments Token Huntress
Token Huntress by Kia Carrington-Russell a raunchy vampire dystopian. This is my most recent release, I can offer free review copies if anyone is interested. I would love to read your reviews and hear your honest thoughts :D

Welcome To Larissa's Bookish Life! Where The...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)
Token Huntress (other topics)