Delirity discussion

Author K > Fallen - L. Kate

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jun 21, 2012 08:03PM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 02, 2010 01:46PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Same feelings here Stacia. Take out about 50-100 pages of excessive descriptive language and you'd have an entertaining read. The end got really interesting and I'm hoping book 2 doesn't lag. The writing was just overdone and it made the story slow down in certain areas. I get that the author was trying to build the world and establish relationships, but it wasn't done smoothly. I'm wordy, but Kate makes me feel better about my own writing.
i was impressed that after hitting so many stops in the plot, it started to flow and suck me in. I'm hoping that its a sign that her writing improved throughout the process. I was also surprised by the fact that I was still interested enough to read despite the stalls in the plot. (Although, it took me a few days to push through.) I wanted to figure out what was going to happen and what it was all building up to.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2759 comments Put me in the category of thinking the book was Meh.....

I know I am in the minority. For me the cover was much better than the book. I don't plan on reading the next one. I ended up forcing myself to read this one and was very confused and bored while reading.

message 4: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) Darcy wrote: "Put me in the category of thinking the book was Meh.....

I know I am in the minority. For me the cover was much better than the book. I don't plan on reading the next one. I ended up forcing my..."

I agree. I just didn't identify or fall in love with any of the characters. I actually liked Cam best...

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I liked Cam the best as well!

I really liked the book though, probably 3.5 stars. Normally I would have got bored with the lack of action, but I was sucked in, trying to figure out what was going on. The ending made me really want to read the next one, but not in the same way I need to read the next Hunger Games or Mortal Instruments books.

message 6: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I actually liked this. I'm dying to read the next.

message 7: by Ràichèal (new)

Ràichèal | 1 comments I completely loved this book....i'm dying to read Torment. This kind of reminded me or hush,hush?

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) I thought it was pretty good. I think there was a little to much description in this and it took awhile to really get into the story. I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana (shortie1260) | 18 comments Ràichèal wrote: "I completely loved this book....i'm dying to read Torment. This kind of reminded me or hush,hush?"

I agree with you... I loved this book. It did take a little while starting off but for some reason I was hooked since the first chapter. I think it is cool how she has had all of these past lives... I hope they go more into those stories in the next book. I can't wait for Torment. :)

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 5 comments I thought this book was very boring and hard to stay interested in. There never seemed to be a strong plot. Just a lot of separate events. The last chapter was good and made me want to read the next just to see what happens. But, I am not really looking forward to it. It's more curiosity than anything. But it was a hell of a lot better than the Morganville Vampire book which I thought was stupid and pointless. Sorry to offend fans of Morganville Vamps.

message 11: by Heather (new)

I had a hard time getting interested at first too so I understand. The end made me want to read book 2 against my better judgment. I'm hoping it's just first book syndrome.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela B I have this in my stack from the library but I haven't gotten to it...soon I hope!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 317 comments I read this book back in February and I really loved the book and I cannot wait until Torment comes out.

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (Aeva) | 7 comments I liked this book, but it was kind of confusing at times. Like they were only discribing half of everything, like what Danial really is and all. I realize this is probably intentional but it just seemed like the author could have shed some light on some of the aspects of the book. Although I prob will read the next book-which could have been the reason-just to get a better understanding on what I am reading.

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Finally got it fromt he library im a little behind and dont know if I will finish the book this month :(. for some reason i decided to check out 20 books and put another 20 on hold and then i also have about 50 books tbr sigh why do i do this to myself.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Just read it when you can.

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Heather wrote: "Just read it when you can."

lol yeah i dont want to buy it because I've heard its not the greatest first in a series but I do want to read it so i got it from the library . gotta read it before due date lol I may start now im still up doing nothing and its 3 am.

message 18: by Heather (new)

I normally stay up until late reading, but I'm still up early. It didn't happen today. I just woke up at 1pm. That's nor normal. I guess I was really tired.

message 19: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Heather wrote: "I normally stay up until late reading, but I'm still up early. It didn't happen today. I just woke up at 1pm. That's nor normal. I guess I was really tired."

lol i woke up 10 mins till one myself. for some reason lately i have been really sleepy haha.

message 20: by Heather (new)

I think it's because I set 2 alarms and I was waiting for the second one to go off. Seems I set the 2nd one to only go off on Sat, Sun, and Fri. Opps.

message 21: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments I really enjoyed this book. It took awhile to get going but by 1/2 way through I was totally sucked in. (of course, i did read it right after I read the Vampire Diaries which I really did not like, so it was just so much better by comparison). I really enjoyed Daniel and I am really looking forward to the back story of her past lives.

message 22: by Heather (new)

If you've finished - and already posted that you're finished - check the first post and make sure I've added your name. I want to make sure everyone got their points.

message 23: by Jen (new)

Jen I just started this one. The beginning has me a little confused on what they are. It definitely has me wanting to continue.

message 24: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I really loved Cam. :P

message 25: by Heather (new)

You'll have to wait and find out.

message 26: by Christy (new)

Christy Sloat (kssmommy) | 16 comments I liked it! I cant wait to see what happens next.

message 27: by Heather (new)

Haha. I'll add your points. At least give me a until the next day. =)

message 28: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments I like this book...It was a good read I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book

message 29: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments slowly reading it now. not as bad as I thought but I understand why some people say its so slow. Its also a tad confusing at some parts.

message 30: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Halfway done YAY. Even though there is no action it makes u want to keep reading lol

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments I enjoyed the book. Requested the 2nd book from the library. I saw a movie at Red Box that was called Fallen with the same premise, but from the males POV... weird.

message 32: by Heather (new)

It's an ABC Family thing, there are 2 disks. It's based on The Fallen, not Fallen. I made the mistake when I first saw it. I saw that Walmart had a republished copy of it after the show came on.

message 33: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments yes i have seen this book The Fallen and The Fallen 2 at walmart lol i work there. Ive been meaning to read them. I have about 100 pgs to go in Fallen but I put it down for a while it was getting to slow.

message 34: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I actually have The Fallen on my bookshelf to read sometime. I didn't know there was a movie, if that's the book you guys are talking about.

About Fallen, the more I read threads on goodreads, the more I realize I don't remember a whole lot from this book. Not many of the characters were all that memorable, IMO.

message 35: by Heather (new)

The last 100 is when it picks up.

message 36: by Jen (new)

Jen I'm almost done w/this one & I'm still not impressed. I've actually picked up another book b/c I've been bored w/it. The only reason I'm pushing myself to finish is b/c I've bought it & refuse to let it go to complete waste. Plus for the points. ;)

message 37: by Heather (new)

Jess? The 4th? Are you talking about Fallen or The Fallen? Book 2 comes out next month so I'm confused.

message 38: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Ok, seriously just disregard that post. Got 2 books confused. lol.

message 39: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I think she was talking about the Faefever series. I recognized Mac. LOL

message 40: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Lisa S wrote: "I think she was talking about the Faefever series. I recognized Mac. LOL"

LOL. Yup!

message 41: by Jen (new)

Jen I finally finished this. The last 100 pgs or so def made the book worth reading. I'm undecided on reading the next one though.

message 42: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments I'm in love with book i can't believe it took a while to getting around to reading it

message 43: by Heather (new)

Check and make sure I've listed your name if you've read the book. I think I've got everyone.

message 44: by Angela (new)

Angela B I finished Fallen today and I'm very neutral on it. I almost want to say I didn't like it but I read all 400some pages so it must not have been that awful right?

I liked Luce and Daniel's characters but the story seemed to drag on and on.

I guess I'd give it 2 stars and I might read the next one out of pure curiousity, it seems like now that we kind of know what's going it it might make the next one better

message 45: by Heather (new)

Disney has optioned Fallen for a movie. Don't know if it'll go through, but they have the rights to produce it if they want.

message 46: by Heather (new)

They seem to think angels are the next vampires. I think they're the ones doing Wings.

message 47: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Isn't Miley Cyrus going to be in wings? That just makes no sense to me.

message 48: by Heather (new)

She's reported to be, but the official cast list hasn't been released.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Torment releases today 9/28, for those looking to purchase it.

message 50: by Heather (new)

It was delayed for some reason and it's not going to be here until Thurs or Friday. I wonder why.

« previous 1 3