Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Creative Bookmarks

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie S. Does anyone have something really unique that they use as a bookmark?

I usually just use scraps of paper, but I'm trying to branch out- make my reading more interesting, lol.

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Jul 31, 2010 09:31AM) (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I use a photo-booth strip that me and my boyfriend got taken at a movie theater. I used those laminating sheets that you can get at craft stores to laminate it so that it won't fade or get ruined. I love it! I think I may do it to all my future photo strips...

I also make beaded bookmarks with waxed linen cord and beads and charms at either end. I have a ton because they're so fun to make, but I only use 1 bookmark at a time!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) I love the idea of using a photo-booth strip as a bookmark. I haven't seen a photo booth in ages!
I have three children and they're always making me bookmarks, so I never have a shortage :)

message 4: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I like using ticket and travel stubs.

message 5: by Mirza (new)

Mirza (mirzaarhasan) | 222 comments I sometimes use handmade friendship bands as bookmarks .... you know, the ones you make by braiding thick strands of thread.

message 6: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) I use postcards from places we've been: Yellowstone, Cody WY, Oregon Coast, etc. They don't sit in a box and every time I look at them I remember that trip.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I have done quite a few bookmarks swaps where we have made our own bookmarks from scrapbooking supplies

message 8: by Nancy (last edited Aug 08, 2010 03:53PM) (new)

Nancy | 1274 comments Tera graciously organized that for us last winter. It was great fun. You get some real treasures! I can't wait til we do it again.