Book freaks discussion

What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,138 (2138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 42 43

message 1: by Iscela, the Ravenous Reader (new)

Iscela (iscelapineda) | 40 comments Mod
Tell us which book has got you hooked recently.

Soph - Lock&Key | 3 comments ummm the wolvs of mercy falls books
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
they are amazing I loved them

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) Well, I'm currently reading The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain I'm just starting, though, so I can't really say I'm hooked yet! ;-)

message 4: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo I'm reading Incarceron Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher I've heard good things , but so far I'm just confused.

And I loved Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater ! Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater is actually sitting on my shelf right now, waiting to be read

message 5: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo I've metioned this before but I really want to read that book! I loved Graceling so much that I've read it at least 3 times

message 6: by Manda (new)

Manda (mazmi) | 4 comments I'm currently reading Awkward situations for men by Danny Wallace, it's interesting.
I want to read Graceling and Fire, there in my amazon basket, are they good books??

message 7: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Graceling is great! I think it's kinda like a female version of Eragon, except more face paced.

Oooo that sounds interesting.
Currently reading: The Last Song The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
I don't know why I keep reading these nicholas sparks books. I detest them on average.

message 8: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo I'm really looking forward to reading bitterblue! The girl seemed promising as a character. She had gumption.

message 9: by Manda (new)

Manda (mazmi) | 4 comments cool, I'm gonna buy it and read it, you have helped me decide, thanks.

message 10: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Lol! I'm glad I helped! I usually just make things more complicated

message 11: by Rachel (last edited Aug 10, 2010 01:54AM) (new)

Rachel (rachelhadeli) Hey everyone :) I'm currently reading the second book of the Hunger Games series, Catching Fire. I think almost everyone has read the series apart from me. haha. (I'm VERY hooked on this series at the moment)

By the by, how good are the Mercy Falls books? I see them in book stores all the time.

message 12: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) I just read Graceling and TOTALLY LOVED IT! I can't wait until I can get Fire!

I'm reading Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen right now, and today I bought Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead , Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen , The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins , which I too have yet to read! I also need to read Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong and then Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong ! Lots to read, plus a few more...and a couple library books. He he.

message 13: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Envy is great! Enjoy and I think everyone here loves graceling!!!
Lol that sounds like me I have like 6 books I just bought 100 already on my shelf to read and 10 library books

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) right now i'm reading vampire tales of the american south, winterbirth, and fatal voyage.

A Kid Named Megan☮ | 24 comments Liar by Justine Larbalestier
Soooooooooo happy

message 16: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Sorry Erica but I can't see what book your reading cause my iPod can't pick up this resolution :) could u write out the title? Something about a daughter?

A Kid Named Megan☮ | 24 comments Shez reading The Iron Daughter(Iron Fey #2)Julie Kawaga

message 18: by ~Tormiester~ (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 22 comments Currently Reading:
The Secret Life of bees
Captivate(Need #2)
Jekel Loves Hyde
Eyes Like Stars
& Stargazer (Evernight #2)
The Hunger Games (not posted otherwise I would look totally sad lol)

message 19: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Lol I've rd none of those but I have read the first one to evernight, tell me if u like the sequel!

message 20: by ~Tormiester~ (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 22 comments So far s'ok

message 21: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Oh so it's like good but not great ? :)

message 22: by ~Tormiester~ (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 22 comments Pretty much =^)

message 23: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo oooooo cute smiley! Mind if I steal it?

message 24: by ~Tormiester~ (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 22 comments i don't mind. =^)

message 25: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Thanks =^) I love it!
Currently reading: The Glass Castle The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
this is the 6th nonfiction book I've read in my life!

message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) I hate non fiction. A lot. The only genre I WILL NOT read, unless I absolutely have to.

Finished Envy - loved it lots. Was a bit slow but other than that, great!
Question: Should I start Hunger Games now or Haunted by Kelley Armtstrong? I'm trying to save H.G. for last but ... it's kinda tempting me.

message 27: by Patti (new)

Patti | 1 comments Hi! To the people who read the women of the otherworld series...is there a lot of ummm....ya know...intimacy? Because I love Kelley Armstrong and really want to read the Otherworld, but not if theres a lot of that.

Currently reading Anne Frank (for the third time for school.) Ugh

message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) Yeah, there IS, barely any. There are intamacy..but it depends on the book you're reading, and who the characters are. The first book has quite enough, the second, third and fourth books have a few scenes spread amongst them but...there still there.

still, you should read it because of the stories, which are fantastic. you should give them a try. i love them. Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorites!

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelhadeli) Question: Should I start Hunger Games now or Haunted by Kelley Armtstrong?

Hi Alyssa! I really think you should start The Hunger Games. I just read them last week and I loved the books completely! Mockingjay is coming out soon; we can all read it at the same time and talk about it :D

I've never read Kelly Armstrong, so I don't know what you'll be missing if you don't read Haunted first. But The Hunger Games is a must! I would love to hear your thoughts on it :)

message 30: by ~Tormiester~ (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 22 comments Erica wrote: "Tori wrote: "Currently Reading:
The Secret Life of bees
Captivate(Need #2)
Jekel Loves Hyde
Eyes Like Stars
& Stargazer (Evernight #2)
The Hunger Games (not posted otherwise I would look tota..."

Well, if it helps, I'm finished Jekel Loves Hyde...(loved it) Idk, it all depends on the weather outside and the atmosphere of the book. Normally the weather doesn't match the atmosphere so I just pick up another book. But, in my defense, people keep shoving books and telling me to read them. =^)

message 31: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Yep, it depends on the time, the place and your mood. These things came make reading more than one book at a time fun or a drag. I totally get you Tori!

Stilllll reading The Glass Castle The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
not because it's boring but because of my newfound facebook addiction! Yikes!

message 32: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 102 comments I am on page 26 of The Glass Castle the small writing hurts my eyes so I am taking it slowly. Also picked up Artemis Fowl. Ahh so many books

message 33: by ~Tormiester~ (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 22 comments Gorfo wrote: "Yep, it depends on the time, the place and your mood. These things came make reading more than one book at a time fun or a drag. I totally get you Tori!

Stilllll reading [book:The Glass Castle|7..."

That book looks interesting. Is it good?

message 34: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo It's wonderful! It captures u from the first page but the problem is I haven't been in a novel reading mood, I've been in a Shakespeare mood! This is so frustrating! I'm finishing it today! (this plan is doomed to failure)

message 35: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (hayz) I am reading Chill by Stephanie Rowe.
Read the book Ice by stephanie Rowe first then chill. they are really good!

message 36: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Oh are these those dragon books?

I'm currently reading:
1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest excited!
2. Hamlet (again! Only I've read it before but this time it's for school, and I'm always game for re-reading hamlet!)

message 37: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I've just finished a horrible book Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) by Lauren Dane and am now reading Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning .

message 38: by Cesya (new)

Cesya (cesya_marae) I'm reading City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare and I love it!!

Debbie The Book Vixen (goodreadscomdebbiethebookvixen) I read Shiver last year, Going to start Linger Tonight!
Soph.... wrote: "ummm the wolvs of mercy falls books
they are amazing I loved them"

Soph.... wrote: "ummm the wolvs of mercy falls books
they are amazing I loved them"

Debbie The Book Vixen (goodreadscomdebbiethebookvixen) I't on my shelf, is it really that good? This will be one of her first books I've ever read.
Cesya wrote: "I'm reading City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare and I love it!!"

message 41: by Brenda (last edited Oct 05, 2010 03:44PM) (new)

Brenda | 102 comments I'm getting ready to start The Search for WondLa it is by Tony DiTerlizzi

message 42: by Cesya (new)

Cesya (cesya_marae) Totally! Part 1 is great because you get to know the characters and the last page of Part 1 is just like WOAH! 2 thumbs up!

message 43: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo The Search for Wondla sounds like an awesome book! And what are you talking about Cesya? Sorry entered conversation in the late stages!

message 44: by Cesya (new)

Cesya (cesya_marae) I'm talking about City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

message 45: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo Once again that book strikes! I've heard good things, but the picture of the half-naked man on the cover of the 1st stopped me from rding it the 1st time...it's awkward, toting that around and having to explain that u are not in fact reading a romance novel...thought it may be a romance novel, i dunno since i haven't rd it :)

message 46: by Cesya (new)

Cesya (cesya_marae) So far it's not a romance novel. The half-naked man on the front is one of the characters in the book :)

message 47: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning , loved it. Now I'm reading Shoulda Been A Cowboy (Rough Riders, #7) by Lorelei James , but can't take this book to work because I don't have a cover its size, so I'm starting Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill to read at work.

message 48: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo cool cesya! maybe i'll check it out!
and carolyn! are these vampire books i see?

message 49: by Cesya (new)

Cesya (cesya_marae) I suggest it Gorfo! *thumbs up*

message 50: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Gorfo - one is :)

I finished Shoulda Been A Cowboy (Rough Riders, #7) by Lorelei James , it was so good. Now I'm finishing Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill .

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 42 43