What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: Children's book about giant alien boy [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Vanessa | 15 comments Hi everyone,

My husband has asked me to check if any of you remember this book that he read as a child:

This is the story of a an alien boy who is a giant, the alien boy wears a silver spacesuit, and the boys hide him in a barn, and have all sorts of trouble hiding him. The story is somewhat similar to "The iron Giant". However, at the end of the story, a giant spaceship comes to the town, and a large gangway comes out of the spaceship. Down walks the giant alien boy's mum and dad, who take the boy back to their world.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments Hey, upon trying to solve this the search popped up with a Good Reads Solved.This one has been solved for this searcher.
Children's/YA-SOLVED > SOLVED!: Kid fic - Giant Alien Boy

Journey Across the Third Planet

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Thanks very much, Deborah. I will move folders and shelve if it hasn't already been done.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Deborah, Do you have a link to that thread?

And, I don't see a book with that title? Does it say if it's a short story?

Thanks.

message 5: by Deborah (last edited Oct 16, 2010 05:57PM) (new)

Deborah | 179 comments http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Amazon lists the book without the cover
Journey Across the Third Planet by Bill Knott (aka William C. Knott) published in 1969

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Thanks, Deborah. I wonder if it's in the Goodreads' database. I'll check.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments I added the book to Goodreads' database. Now, I'll try to add it to our shelves.

message 8: by Lisa (last edited Oct 16, 2010 07:39PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Well, here's the book, but because of caching, they're not letting me add it here, yet:

Journey Across the Third Planet

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/95...

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Added it. Thanks, Deborah.