Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > Silhouette Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
We were talking in the "How much Nora have you read?" post about her earlier works and which ones were worth reading.

For those who aren't familiar with her early stuff, Nora wrote for Silhouette for a long time and wrote a lot of what's called "category romance" which are short novels, around 180-250pages, that are mostly pure romance. Some had a side story, or were family based, but the main theme is romance.

A lot of Nora readers don't like these books because they don't have the full plot that you find in her current single-title releases, but for those who like to read a good, classic romance, they can be nice to read.

For me, many of the non-series Silhouette releases are the type of thing where read them if you can, but they're not have-to reads. Some, though, I really enjoyed, and the family series are fantastic.

So below is a list of the ones that stood-out for me. Some of these are more pure romance, and others have a little more substance to them. There are summaries available if you look any of these books up on GR, but if you want more info either me or someone else here can probably give it to you :)

Oh...and if you have a rec you want to make, or to second a rec here, feel free!

Non-series Silhouette titles
Tonight and Always
Sullivan's Woman
A Matter of Choice
Night Moves
Boundary Lines
Risky Business
A Will and a Way
Temptation
The Welcoming
Unfinished Business

Silhouette Series
Irish series
Night Tales
Stars of Mithra
Cordina
Donovans
MacGregors
MacKades
O'Hurleys
Stanislaskis

message 2: by Toni (new)

Toni | 6 comments I've read and thoroughly enjoyed Cordina, and I LOVED MacKades, Stanislaskis, and Donovans. I should put the others on my tbr list!

message 3: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Just read two NR Silhouettes that I'd missed before (thought I'd read them all)...

Impulse about Stephen and Rebecca, a sweet romance that takes place in Greece.

The Best Mistake about Zoe, an ex-model who's a single Mom and Coop, who rents a room above her house...

Nice unexpected little romances, written a while ago, but pretty good!!

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments I have read Sullivan's Woman and Night Tales and liked them both. As for the series ones, I don't remember the Stars of Mithra, but have loved all the other ones. Not a real straight romance junkie, but Nora's style is too good to miss.

message 5: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Just read two more Nora Silhouettes I had not read before...love those little finds!

Reflections about Lindsay Dunne (a Davidov protegee) and Seth Bannion

Dance of Dreams: Finally the book about Ruth and Nikolai Davidov, (Nora's ode to Mikhail Barishnikov :-)

Anyway, sweet little find (contained in a re-release called Reflections and Dreams)