YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Morganville Vampires > Morganville Vampire fans?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jul 29, 2010 10:05PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) by Rachel Caine Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) by Rachel Caine Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine Kiss Of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8) by Rachel Caine Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine

Surprised I haven't seen any discussion on this series (or maybe I just overlooked it).

This series is my new guilty pleasure. The first book did bother me a bit for the first half (the heroine was such a pushover), but I love how it's picking up.

These books are not your usual YA vampire series. It's a bit grittier, and I love how the vampires run the town and make the humans fall under their rule. I also like the house dynamics between the two couples.

Anyone else reading this series?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

nope.

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
how is this series??

message 4: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I have been thinking of ordering the first on. Are they good? I have some of the quotes from the book it sounds quite good?>?

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jul 30, 2010 01:23PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I like this series because it's a different take on the normal vamps that you see a lot of in YA PNR.

However, the first half of the first book I wanted to throw the book at the wall. The heroine is constantly getting tormented and beat up at her new college (she's 16 - or about to turn 16?, can't remember - and is there on early admittance). As I kept reading, I realized that the author made the character so spineless and unaware in order to show over the course of the series how strong she will become.

Book 1 has the character leave the dorms in which she's being harrassed at and move into a vampire protected house with a ghost, a wanna be goth girl (she dresses like this to mock the vampires) and a cute 18 year old that likes her back but considers her jailbait.

By the end of the book, she has vampires out to get her. Book 2 picks up from there and gets even better.

I'm really liking the series so far. It's very interesting to imagine what it would be to live in a town where the vampires completely control and run the town like a mafia.

message 6: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments :) it sounds good.
I have ordered the first one.

message 7: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) HUGE FAN :)

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Hmm i will have to look into this series then

Life is hard and then u die *Smiley* (greenpurpleblackmaggie) | 142 comments oooo i have to read this book!

message 10: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Im on book two right now... its diffrent from the otehrs Ive read.. dark but not completely so... the guys are absolutely yummy too..

message 11: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Im still waiting for my copy of the dead girls dance. I loved it. Haha i love shane. :)

message 12: by Candice (new)

Candice I can't wait for ghost town to come out. I;ve read everyone of the Morganville Vampire Books.

message 13: by Isamlq (last edited Sep 18, 2010 12:44AM) (new)

Isamlq I'm reading the third one now... I cannot get enough of Morganville (... specifically, Shane!)

message 14: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments :)

message 15: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq oooh, daddy's home... im currently on the fourth book

message 16: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i should start a folder for these books.... i think i will....right now! lol

message 17: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq you should... you def should... and I'm wiped. gtg.. im really enjoying this group.. :)

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im glad you like it!

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I really need to get around to reading this. I read the first book, and I unfortunately wasn't too impressed. =[

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Claire in book 1 really isn't very likeable. If she was the only thing that bothered you, I'd consider giving it another shot, since the series gets better with each book. If it was something else, well...eh. Not sure then. We all have different tastes, and I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I didn't really feel as much of a bond with the characters in the first book. The only problem is, I have this thing about series.. once I read the first book, I HAVE to read all of them. It's a really weird thing about me. I know that I'll be pleasantly surprised, I mean this series wouldn't have as much of a following as it does if the series wasn't good. I just need to get around to it. I've started wayyyyy too many books recently. Lol.

message 22: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Meghann wrote: "I didn't really feel as much of a bond with the characters in the first book. The only problem is, I have this thing about series.. once I read the first book, I HAVE to read all of them. It's a re..."

Give it another try... Claire was a doormat at first... it gets better!

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Isamlq wrote: "I'm reading the third one now... I cannot get enough of Morganville (... specifically, Shane!)"

Same here! :) Shane is just great! I've read all books from #1 to #8 and loved them all!

message 24: by Déa (new)

Déa Solin Going to read the second when I get the time, loved the first!

*Mrs. Brightside* I'm liking it! I'm still reading the first one, and I feel bad for Micheal..or Michael):

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) He's the ghost, right?

*Mrs. Brightside* Yeah

message 28: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

just so you all know we have a folder for the this series :)

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather Bellus | 12 comments i love this series!!! i have read all the books and i'm waiting for the new one to come out!!! at first, i didn't really like claire much, but as the story unfolds, its pretty amazing!!! and the boys...yummy :)

message 30: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I am up to Midnight Alley.. Im waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I cant wait I love this series.

Heather: whats the last one?? The one you waiting for? When does it come out?

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather Bellus | 12 comments its called Ghost Town and the website says that it comes out 10/2010!! so its right around the corner!!!

message 32: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Ohh awesome that means by the time i get to that one it will be out. I hate waiting for books to be released. So annoying.:)

*Mrs. Brightside* I know! Me too(:

message 34: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "I know! Me too(:"

yay! more Morganville fans!

*Mrs. Brightside* Lol, haha

message 36: by Isamlq (last edited Sep 29, 2010 08:06AM) (new)

Isamlq *Im excited about Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine and look there's a 10th book: Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires,#10) by Rachel Caine ... :)

message 37: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 20 comments I love this series cant wait for Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires,#10) by Rachel Caine , I love shane !!!!

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I quit reading after about the fourth book, but I loved them! I want to restart from the beginning next month.

message 39: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I am just up to the fourth book. How come you stopped reading them?

(no judgement or anythinig just curious) :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) What the heck is up with that funny looking guy on the cover of Bite Club? Shane and Michael are both infinitely better looking than that!

message 41: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Stacia (ridiculously repetitive) wrote: "What the heck is up with that funny looking guy on the cover of Bite Club? Shane and Michael are both infinitely better looking than that!"

lolz!... i would not have noticed had you not pointed it out

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Bianca wrote: "I am just up to the fourth book. How come you stopped reading them?

(no judgement or anythinig just curious) :)"

If I remember right, book five hadn't come out & I just never thought to start back up until it had been so long that I didn't remember books one - four enough to not have to re-read them.

message 43: by Ashalyn (new)

Ashalyn | 4 comments Love this series

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Isamlq wrote: "lolz!... i would not have noticed had you not pointed it out..."

I notice really weird things in movies and books.

You probably can't see on this book cover, but the chick has her hand stuck in her pants. I stared at the cover for 10 minutes wondering why.

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire
(I didn't like the book though, unfortunately)

message 45: by Candice (new)

Candice | 2 comments i love these books...i can read them in about 24 hrs.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) ***holds out a swaying necklace and says in a hypnotic voice****

Read these books. The series gets better and better with each one. You won't regret it.

message 47: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

BOIL!!! lol

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I almost spit out the water I was drinking. Thanks for that.

:)

message 49: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

you're welcome XD lol

message 50: by Ali (new)

Ali | 15 comments just bought the 1st two..will let you just know what I think!

« previous 1