Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

29 views
Archive > Anna Campbell

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Has anyone read anything by Campbell?
I tried and couldn't get into My Reckless Surrender. I am currently reading Claiming the Courtesan and am liking it so far, it is a nice departure from the mainstream HR. I also read a short story of hers that I really liked in The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance.


message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) I haven't read any of hers yet, but have Claiming the Courtesan on my tbr -- is the departure the storyline itself, or the writing?


message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
I read Claiming, and couldn't get into it.. I own it, so may try again.


message 4: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Tammy wrote: "I haven't read any of hers yet, but have Claiming the Courtesan on my tbr -- is the departure the storyline itself, or the writing?"

I would say a bit of both, at least for me. I do recommend reading it. I am still enjoying it.


message 5: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Shell wrote: "I read Claiming, and couldn't get into it.. I own it, so may try again."

I like it so far, but perhaps you couldn't get into it because the story moves a little slowly?... not boring, just not a rapidly paced story.


Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Nope. Sorry...so many authors, so little time. LOL


message 7: by Alycia (new)

Alycia LOL Heather I totally understand


message 8: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Possibly, every once in a while, I go through these annoying bouts of icky pickiness, and manage to ruin ANY and EVERY book I pick up... Often times, I have to put it down, and return to it later.


message 9: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I'm not giving up on this author yet, I have another one by her to read, Untouched. I liked Claiming the Courtesan better than My Reckless Surrender, but I didn't finish either. I got farther in CtC though.


message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Shell wrote: "Possibly, every once in a while, I go through these annoying bouts of icky pickiness, and manage to ruin ANY and EVERY book I pick up... Often times, I have to put it down, and return to it later."

Shell, I've pretty much been like that ever since I finished April and Oliver. After I read an amazing novel it is hard not to compare.


message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments I didn't love Claiming the Courtesan but I think my expectations were very high.

I really LOVED 5 star fav. Tempt the Devil.

I know what you are thinking when you look at the cover. Ewwwwwww!!! GRoss!!!!

Tempt the Devil by Anna Campbell


message 12: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Yeah, not a great cover.


message 13: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Cheese extreme for sure... But then again many great reads are.

@ Alycia, what makes you keep reading books you can't finish? Lol.


message 14: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Shell wrote: "Cheese extreme for sure... But then again many great reads are.

@ Alycia, what makes you keep reading books you can't finish? Lol."


I have two books that I bought for a dollar each at a used book store. I am not out much if I don't like them. I have several GR friends who like her, I may just not be one of them. I figured I would try Untouched, if I don't like it or don't finish it, I will never read anything from her again. However, the only thing I have really liked from this author is a short story in The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance by Trisha Telep


message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
That looks good.. is it a recent release? I have never read a book of short stories.


message 16: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Shell wrote: "That looks good.. is it a recent release? I have never read a book of short stories."

It is, I haven't read this one all the way through, I just pick it up when I am not in the mood to focus on a full length book. I have gotten to where I like anthologies with 2-4 short stories. This one has several short stories. Usually short stories are about 100 pages or so, in this book, they are around 30 pages. Lots of authors, I have learned of some new ones through this book.


message 17: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) Kelly wrote: "I didn't love Claiming the Courtesan but I think my expectations were very high.

I really LOVED 5 star fav. Tempt the Devil.

I know what you are thinking when you look at the cover. Ewwwwwww..."



TEMPT THE DEVIL is my fave of hers.


message 18: by Leea (new)

Leea Just finished Untouched by Anna Campbell loved it!!! These books are more than your normal Historical Fiction...

Tempt the devil was good but i think Untouched was better. I have Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell to read.


back to top