Delirity discussion

Authors D-E > Body Finders - K. Derting

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 22, 2012 02:16PM) (new)

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela B I keep meaning to get the fisrt one it looks good

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I liked the first one and am looking forward to the second. On a side note, I think these have great covers!!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela B I would agree with that one Darcy

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I really loved reading the first one. It kind of had everything I liked. And I agree, the covers are gorgeous!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
It's a good YA story. I'm glad she's been contracted for a second one.

message 7: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I just picked this one up from the library today. I hope that its good.

message 8: by Heather (new)

I hope you like it. Post as you read so we can see how it's going for you.

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (Aeva) | 7 comments I really loved this one. Couldn't put it down. And I agree about the covers being really pretty

message 10: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I'm currently reading this. I'm not sure what page I'm on, but I'm a little less than halfway through. I enjoy that it's heavy on the romance with the added suspense and creepiness factor. So far, it's better than I expected.

message 11: by Heather (new)

I think it shocked up all.

message 12: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) Finished it and loved it! I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I didnt get to start it I had to return it to the library and havent picked it up since but I have heard its really good and want to nookbook it.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) the first one was really good! one of the main reasons is the guy that she falls for is exactly the definition of my crush lol. it was really well written

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments lol I preorder the bonus edition for my nook for 1.99 it comes out on the 22nd

message 16: by Heather (new)

I really want to read the new one!

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments aww ill take it one book at a time and just start on the first one lol.

message 18: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Read the first one and really liked it. The way the author used switching Pov to create suspense was great and I thought the romance was really cute (usually dont care much for best friends-to-romance situations but I liked it here)

message 19: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I want this next book so bad! I hope I am not expecting too much though. Maybe I should try to expect less...

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Meade | 10 comments Great book! Already bought the second one just haven't had a chance to read it yet! Kimberly is also a great person, I met her when I bought her book. She is SOO friendly and outgoing!! I wish nothing but the best for her and her series!

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments Unfortunately I didn't really like the first one, so I don't think I'll be continuing with this series, but she also has a dystopian book coming out in November that I may try...
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

message 22: by Heather (new)

The beginning of Ch. 18 was really sweet. I'm loving book 2 so far. There's something about Derting's writing that just flows very smoothly for me and makes me happy to be reading.

message 23: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I did like the second one too. At times I agreed with Violet and was mad at her.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Well, she does make a common mistake in YA books, she keeps things to herself. Then, she jumps down her boys throat pretty quickly. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Darcy (last edited Apr 05, 2011 11:03AM) (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather, (view spoiler)

message 26: by Heather (new)

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I thought it was the cat.

message 28: by Heather (new)

That makes sense. I was really tired when I got to that point so I might have misread something. I got a burst of energy just after that and then couldn't sleep.

message 29: by Ali (new)

Ali | 43 comments I just finished the 3rd book in the series. what did you think of the epilogue? (view spoiler)

message 30: by Heather (new)

I'd like to read it, but my library doesn't have it yet.

message 31: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Ariel wrote: "I just finished the 3rd book in the series. what did you think of the epilogue? [spoilers removed]"

I read it, but it was a while ago, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

message 32: by Ali (new)

Ali | 43 comments I guess i thought the series was supposed to be a trilogy, and it seems like there is more to come.

message 33: by Ali (new)

Ali | 43 comments I see heather added a 4th book at the top so i guess it continues :)

message 34: by Heather (new)

It looks like there's a new one coming next April.

message 35: by Heather (new)

So, I forgot we had a 4th book her. I finally decided I was ok with having the series come to an end, picked up book 3 and now I'm going to suffer because the library doesn't have book 4. Always happens that way.

message 36: by Heather (new)

This is probably a bad book to read before bed. I'll have serial killer nightmares.

message 37: by Heather (new)

is it just me or is there something calming about these books even though the plots aren't? i feel relaxed the whole time I read them. It's very odd. No other series makes me feel that way. And, while that may sound like a bad thing in a book, it's not. I love this series. I don't know if it's the artists style, or something to do with the stories themselves, but either way, I always look forward to reading about Vi.

message 38: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Maybe it has to do with the covers. I think they have some of the prettiest ones out there.

message 39: by Heather (new)

They're beautiful. The problem is, up close they aren't as pretty when there's just a little bit of a glare from the camera. They look more delicate in photos than in person. Still gorgeous either way.

message 40: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I like this series but I think I read it to close to the Touch series by Laurie Stolarz. Whenever I go to read a book from either series I always have plots and characters and abilities mixed up in my head and don't get things straight again until several chapters in.

message 41: by Heather (new)

Hmm... I haven't heard of that series. Is it any good?

message 42: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I like it. The author writes well, but she can only seem to write in one style. She wrote the Blue is for Nightmares which is pretty similar to the Touch series. Touch is about a young woman named Camelia who is an artist, her medium being sculpting. When she sculpts she sometimes gets glimpses of the future, and mostly the future is looking pretty grim. She never sees the whole picture, just glimpses and clues that have lead to murders and kidnapping. I really like the series, and I LOVE Ben, the on again off again love interest.