Gigi's Company discussion

Individual Bk/Series Discussions > The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
J.R. Ward just announced that BDB, Book 9, Manuel "Manny" Manello (surgeon friend to Doc Jane) and Payne's (Vicious' twin sister) book is to be entitled Lover Unleashed.

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
Manny!!! Sweet!

message 3: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 166 comments I love this series but i just read Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward and it was soo long that I'm needing a break from it...

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
That happens to me sometimes, too, Kristie. Sometimes I'll hit the first book in a series, and it's soooooo good, that I'll run out and get the rest so that I can read them back to back. Depending on how many books there are, I'll end up having to take a break.

That happened to me when I started the FBI series by Catherine Coulter. By the time I hit book #5, enough was enough. The characters started to become boring, the mysteries uneventful and repetitive.

message 5: by Kathleen (last edited Nov 04, 2010 12:54PM) (new)

Cover for Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9, has been released:

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashedby J.R. Ward

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kristie wrote: "I love this series but i just read Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward and it was soo long that I'm needing a break from it..."

I agree that book was long but I love the main character, Rehv.
This series is great. I highly recommend it.

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) is to be released March 29, 2011.

message 8: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 166 comments Ugh! I'm still not ready to start this series back up. She has become so long winded in these last couple of books. The new one is 500 and something pages. Whew that's a long book.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) I have several books in the series but haven't read any